TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag racing rims/tire combo.

NMAv

OK, I've given up on trying to come up with a workable one set of rims meets all requirements as there are too many things you can do with the GT500. For now I thnking about running some 1/4 miles and would like suggestions on a good rear wheel and tire combo. I'm not sure what my downside limitation is due to the rear brakes (stock). i'm thinking something in the 15 inch range with a 11 inch width and then put a set of M/T on those when racing, put the stock rims on around town.

This is all new to me, so any advice is appreciated.

NMAv

I know you can go 15x10 but you have to relocate the swaybar. I think late model restoration sells rim/tire packages that might be what you're looking for.

Personally, I'm probably gonna get a set of 18" stock rims and DR's, they'll clear upgraded brakes, have no issues driving to and from the track (so I wont have to take extra tires to the track and leave the stock ones laying around to get stolen), and if I want to drive around on the street with them I'll have matching rims.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have an extra set of stock rims for my GT500. What would be a good set of tires to put on the front and back for drag racing? Would there be a set that would be good for drag and track?

Typical New Jerseyian .... :o

Just kiddin, born and riased there myself. Of course I did run away as soon as I turned 18.

Typical New Jerseyian .... :o

Just kiddin, born and riased there myself. Of course I did run away as soon as I turned 18.

I'm from Florida. Work brought me here. :rant:

But I'm getting used to it after 17 years! :doh:

Later...

Gator

:salute:

Archived