TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Price comparisons from Canada to USA on GT500

SHELBYCS6

Like everyone else I'm awaiting the magic MSRP number on the 2013 GT500.

I pulled my invoice on my 2010 and I was wondering if American members could post their MSRP numbers for their vehicles to see just how badly burned we are getting north of the border as I'm interested to see if the trend will continue with the 2013.

MSRP: $61,349.00

HID: $ 600.00

NAV: $ 2,300.00

Total MSRP: $64,249.00

I got a good discount on the MSRP which was over $8k but I'm just looking at posted MSRP numbers because if the 2013 is limited production or a limited number will be coming north of the border you can rest assured they will stick to those MSRP numbers which I think will be in the $75k range.

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

"Damn, a 2010 with those options MSRP is 50,895 in the US"

With price differences like this I can't believe more people aren't buying South of the border.

Damn, this is obvious.

The last 4 Shelby's/ Mustang's I've bought have been from.................................. the US. I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but lord knows I have said this many times before, if you want to buy a Shelby/Mustang of excellent quality (new or old) for a whole bunch less money, you buy it in the US. This is plain and simple!!!!!

The last 4 cars I've bought have taken me several years to find and every one was found in the US and these cars cover the whole spectrum of Shelby's/Mustang's, new or old. They include a 68, a 93, an 07 and an 08. EVERY car was substantially cheaper in the US and of equal or higher quality than at home in my beloved Canada, and I do indeed love my homeland Canada.

What I have a hard time understanding is why, in our capitalistic countries, is that people have a hard time exercising their freedoms. They have the complete ability to invest several hours of work and buy the car they desire/dream of, and save 2, 5, 10, 15 thousand dollars. If you factor this savings into the hours you have invested into looking for the car of your dreams/desires AND becoming educated on how to bring this car home, your talking about saving $500 to $1000 dollars per hour of work. That is a damn fine wage!!!!

Yes, I'm ranting for sure, but the constant questioning of "why is it so much more expensive to buy a Shelby here in Canada/Sweden/Wherever" makes me crazy. Spend a little time, get educated AND save yourself a bunch of money and buy your Shelby (new or old) in the US. It's easy to do, it's easy to bring it across the border, and our brothers to the south are just like us!!!!! They love their cars and they have some great stuff south of the border.

Easy as pie! :bandance:

PM me if you need help to buy/bring a car home, unless of course you want to blow 10 grand or more. :rant:

Rant over.

QSS

For many years dealers , especially ones just at the border would not sell new vehicles into Canada which I believe was a directive from the manufacturing level .

My 96 Mustang vert is a Phoenix car and I saved a few thousand on that purchase but I had no idea there was such a spread on a new GT500.

I do know on used vehicles, especially boats you can get many dream deals that could be as much as 50% of our local market.

I know of a guy who recently bought a new 2012 Boss 302 and had it shipped here but it was my understanding he only saved the local ADM and when everything was factored in to get the car here he might have saved $1500.00.

A friend of mine also bought a 2005 Chev SSR in the USA just before Christmas which he paid $25k for and with all expenses included it was closer to $29k and he could have bought one here for that amount.

This is why I started this thread, I`d really like to know where we stand on brand new, out of the box dealer purchases because if there really is a $15K MSRP+ on a 2013 GT500..that is just criminal.

because if there really is a $15K MSRP+ on a 2013 GT500..that is just criminal.

When I bought my 08 GT500 from Texas I paid sticker (around $46,600) at the time. Add $2000 for shipping and about $2300 for GST and I was into it for approximately $51,000. At the same time I approached at least 2 Shelby dealers in Calgary and they were advertising the exact same car for around $65,000 + GST (this was back in 07/08 when Shelby prices were going nuts) and they wouldn't even talk to me about a better price.

I wanted to support the locals but not to the tune of an extra $15,000.

My exact thoughts were "how can this be, the exact same car for $15,000 more". Oh sure, there are a few different items on a Canadian car vs a US car but I bet they cost about 5 bucks to install. At the same time, the dealerships, along with many news groups were claiming "your car won't be warrantied if you don't buy it in Canada". I can't speak for other manufacturers but as Fords go, this is not true, they stand by their warranty and that's what makes Ford a first class manufacturer. They don't deal in "protectionism" like some other car manufacturers do. That's why there are agreements like NAFTA (North American Free Trade Act), even though it doesn't always work in every case. In the particular case of North American Built cars, it seams to work just fine.

In the end, I let my wallet do the talking and made a choice to save some big money. This only seams reasonable in our capitalistic countries.

It's an easy choice in my eyes.

QSS

I did all my research to buy in the U.S. and was looking hard, but with the employee pricing my local dealership offered this summer, I took the plunge and bought my 2011 Shelby here. The sticker price was around $62,000 and ended up at $54K and change with a bit of haggling. Not too bad, though the same car in the U.S. would still have been a few thousand less or around the same for the SVTPP.

I'm glad that I learned how to import from south of the border though and would still consider it for any future purchases as for the most part, it's a matter of just knowing what paperwork is needed so you don't get stranded at the border and that it meets the RIV requirements.

it's a matter of just knowing what paperwork is needed so you don't get stranded at the border and that it meets the RIV requirements.

This is the long of the short of it. As long as you have "da paperwork" things will be "smooth as silk". If you don't, well then .................."there's hell to pay" :hysterical: .

QSS

This is the long of the short of it. As long as you have "da paperwork" things will be "smooth as silk". If you don't, well then .................."there's hell to pay" :hysterical: .

QSS

I completely agree with QuickSilver on this one. After working with many dealers in three large Canadian cities (Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal) to determine the absolute best Cdn price I could get at the time - I still saved $17.8K on my new MDX in 2008 (including the Cdn $9.5K "no passport sales event" discount offered for 1 month) and almost $15K on my new 2011 GT500 SVTPP (I would have saved another 2K on the Shelby if I had waited for the dollar to reach par). These price differences were with all my travel costs, exchange rates, import taxes, RIV fees, DRL conversion cost fees, etc. factored out already.

Just need to spend some time doing your homework on the paperwork requirements and more time searching for the best deal you can find.

I completely agree with QuickSilver on this one. After working with many dealers in three large Canadian cities (Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal) to determine the absolute best Cdn price I could get at the time - I still saved $17.8K on my new MDX in 2008 (including the Cdn $9.5K "no passport sales event" discount offered for 1 month) and almost $15K on my new 2011 GT500 SVTPP (I would have saved another 2K on the Shelby if I had waited for the dollar to reach par). These price differences were with all my travel costs, exchange rates, import taxes, RIV fees, DRL conversion cost fees, etc. factored out already.

Just need to spend some time doing your homework on the paperwork requirements and more time searching for the best deal you can find.

Wow..that's quite a savings...

will the dealers in the USA finance the vehicles through Ford etc. or do you have to bring your own for the purchase ?

BTW..where do you get the information on the paperwork required ?

Wow..that's quite a savings...

will the dealers in the USA finance the vehicles through Ford etc. or do you have to bring your own for the purchase ?

BTW..where do you get the information on the paperwork required ?

As far as I am aware the Ford dealers will not finance a Canadian but I have never asked.

As for paper work start here:

http://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx

It seams like allot of work but once you have gone through the process, it is easy. One thing you need to take a look at is the "Vehicles Admissible" section. Since you are on a Shelby forum I assume you might be thinking about importing a Shelby.

All new Ford Shelby's are admissible EXCEPT the 2008GT500 KR's and 2006 GT-H's. It's a looooooong story as to why and it sure doesn't make sense BUT what you need to know is that you can't get these cars across the boarder with ease. All the rest are easily done. The other exceptions are cars like SuperSnakes, CSX cars and a few other Shelby products. I would probably ask others on this or other forums if a specific car is admissible or not. From my experiences, when you ask Transport Canada or the RIV, they don't seam to know specifics regarding what cars can and can't be imported. :huh:

So if your thinking about doing it, start asking questions and just do it. It's really not that bad.

QSS

When I bought my 08 GT500 from Texas I paid sticker (around $46,600) at the time. Add $2000 for shipping and about $2300 for GST and I was into it for approximately $51,000. At the same time I approached at least 2 Shelby dealers in Calgary and they were advertising the exact same car for around $65,000 + GST (this was back in 07/08 when Shelby prices were going nuts) and they wouldn't even talk to me about a better price.

I wanted to support the locals but not to the tune of an extra $15,000.

My exact thoughts were "how can this be, the exact same car for $15,000 more". Oh sure, there are a few different items on a Canadian car vs a US car but I bet they cost about 5 bucks to install. At the same time, the dealerships, along with many news groups were claiming "your car won't be warrantied if you don't buy it in Canada". I can't speak for other manufacturers but as Fords go, this is not true, they stand by their warranty and that's what makes Ford a first class manufacturer. They don't deal in "protectionism" like some other car manufacturers do. That's why there are agreements like NAFTA (North American Free Trade Act), even though it doesn't always work in every case. In the particular case of North American Built cars, it seams to work just fine.

In the end, I let my wallet do the talking and made a choice to save some big money. This only seams reasonable in our capitalistic countries.

It's an easy choice in my eyes.

QSS

I bought my 07 Shelby GT500 in New Brunswick new and it was $53.299 on the road no ADM...I think the same year car in the US

was around $43.000 and change...Damn HWY robbery IMO....I think the 013 is going to be in the $75.000 range which is crazy

IMO.

Like everyone else I'm awaiting the magic MSRP number on the 2013 GT500.

I pulled my invoice on my 2010 and I was wondering if American members could post their MSRP numbers for their vehicles to see just how badly burned we are getting north of the border as I'm interested to see if the trend will continue with the 2013.

MSRP: $61,349.00

HID: $ 600.00

NAV: $ 2,300.00

Total MSRP: $64,249.00

I got one of the first 2010's here in CANADA.paid sticker of $ 61917 with hids/ nav.Arrived July 09- ordered Feb 09. total with taxes to $ 64702. I looked south and about a 5000 saving was there but the dealer here gave me an idea service on a U.S might be ????? as he had to take care of his guys first.Best CDN DEAL WAS in Windsor - but allottment was low. Ford seems to always here in fall offer about a $ 9000 rebate on remaining stockON GT500'S at fall time.This kicks the heck out of your newly bought vehicle.Dealers claim its all Ford. Might have something to do with the 13 gt500's he has sitting out back lot in the snow.

This local svt dealer is the sole shelby dealer here so always quotes high - a 2012 boss was for $ 85000( with 5 bidders last year apparently).H e had a 2009 kr sit there for 2 years and still claims he got $80000. Yet last Sept / 2011 he said he just sold his last 2010 for 44000( once he said mine was now only worth $ 39000 since I WAS SHOPPING FOR A NEW ONE ) - Mine is now 2 years old with 3500 km.

The cars are great; importing is not hard.Buy US. There are good dealers out there. YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE ONE.!

but the dealer here gave me an idea service on a U.S might be ????? as he had to take care of his guys first.

There are good dealers out there. YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE ONE.!

WOW, what a nice flaming pile of BS he gave you. :extinguish: I suppose "his guys" only include people who buy at his stealership, right! I am pretty sure it is impossible to keep mechanics busy servicing the cars that were only bought from "his" particular dealership.

These BS lines that the dealerships throw out there are for one reason only, "TO PUT FEAR INTO YOU". These guys are trying to protect their expensive product by flat out lying to you. I say let the free market dictate where you buy your car here in North America, not someone with low standards to match their low IQ coupled with their inflated story telling skills.

Ford does and will warranty their product inside North America no matter where they are purchased from. The dealership gets paid by Ford to do warranty work. Once you own the car, a decent dealer will perform ALL warranty work on your because Ford pays them to. If a dealer told me this story, I would immediately find another dealer to buy my car from OR another dealer to perform warranty work on a car I already owned. There are plenty of excellent Ford dealers around.

Ditch these losers. :rant:

QSS

WOW, what a nice flaming pile of BS he gave you. :extinguish: I suppose "his guys" only include people who buy at his stealership, right! I am pretty sure it is impossible to keep mechanics busy servicing the cars that were only bought from "his" particular dealership.

These BS lines that the dealerships throw out there are for one reason only, "TO PUT FEAR INTO YOU". These guys are trying to protect their expensive product by flat out lying to you. I say let the free market dictate where you buy your car here in North America, not someone with low standards to match their low IQ coupled with their inflated story telling skills.

Ford does and will warranty their product inside North America no matter where they are purchased from. The dealership gets paid by Ford to do warranty work. Once you own the car, a decent dealer will perform ALL warranty work on your because Ford pays them to. If a dealer told me this story, I would immediately find another dealer to buy my car from OR another dealer to perform warranty work on a car I already owned. There are plenty of excellent Ford dealers around.

Ditch these losers. :rant:

QSS

I must admit I DID BUY MY GT500 FROM THESE GUYS; service has been good; but I AM ALSO VERY AWARE THAT whenever I ask a price on a new one; I ALWAYS GET AN INFLATED STORY. The nearest svt dealer other than these guys is 1000 miles away.

I bought my 2012 SHELBY GT 500 coupe ,SVTTP package with recaro leather seats

MSRP :$63,549.00

Employee pricing $57,797.00

HST $8,669.55

Subtotal $66,466.55

License fee $12.10

Total Balance $66,478.65

I had to drive a total of 12 hours to get the BEAST home,since i live in N-B and bought it in N-S . It was a fun ride on my way back !!!!

HST $8,669.55

Subtotal $66,466.55

License fee $12.10

Total Balance $66,478.65

I had to drive a total of 12 hours to get the BEAST home,since i live in N-B and bought it in N-S . It was a fun ride on my way back !!!!

Great price ; but what would this same dealer want difference to move up to a 2013? This is where the ouch factor really applies.

I must admit I DID BUY MY GT500 FROM THESE GUYS; service has been good; but I AM ALSO VERY AWARE THAT whenever I ask a price on a new one; I ALWAYS GET AN INFLATED STORY. The nearest svt dealer other than these guys is 1000 miles away.

I understand your situation. Convenience is an important factor when considering service. My big beef is that these guys seem to constantly feed you their BS.

In addition to this, I know your nearest SVT dealer is 1000 miles away but a regular Ford dealer can perform many of the warranty issues that may come up. I bought my 07 GT-H 1826 miles from where I live here in Alberta (bought it in Oklahoma) and bought my 08 GT500 1223 miles away. The local guys have always taken care of me.

The main thing is that you have a great car and that's all that matters. Drive it and enjoy it as much as you can. Shelby's are truly a special car and you are one of the lucky few to own one. Well done sir, well done :beerchug:

QSS

HST $8,669.55

Subtotal $66,466.55

License fee $12.10

Total Balance $66,478.65

You must have bought it at Chebucto Ford in Dartmouth...I'm from NS and I bought mine at Wood Motors in NB.

Base price on new ZL1 Camaro in Canada is $58,000 so I would expect the base GT500 to be competitive pricewise.

I checked both the GM and Ford Canadian websites. The base 2012 GT500 is already slightly more expensive than the ZL1 at $59,000. Considering the bump in power and other improvements to the 2013 GT500, I would be surprised if base MSRP remains unchanged. I would expect the base GT500 to be priced around $4-5K more than the ZL1, although I hope that I'm wrong and that Ford will align its pricing on the ZL1.

Yes ,I had heard that wood Motors had lost the franchise !!!lol, now my car is gonne four a SS mod in Ontario.

What colour is your ? I live 20 mins. away from Sean Hyland Motors was there two weeks ago probably seen it there . When do you get it back??????.

What colour is your ? I live 20 mins. away from Sean Hyland Motors was there two weeks ago probably seen it there . When do you get it back??????.

My car is Race Red with white stripe ,should be ready end of february.....if the hood dont delay the job !!! lol

Archived