TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush exhaust cracked muffler

12GT500

Had a Roush Axle Back exhaust installed at the dealer on my 2012 GT500 in June 2011 and I love the sound-

However - was under the car this past weekend and the exhaust has a 8 inch crack right along one of the welds on

the driver side muffler - definitely disappointing quality for an exhaust with 2000 miles on it.

I will update as the warranty process is explored.

Had a Roush Axle Back exhaust installed at the dealer on my 2012 GT500 in June 2011 and I love the sound-

However - was under the car this past weekend and the exhaust has a 8 inch crack right along one of the welds on

the driver side muffler -

What Roush system do you have on your GT500 that includes mufflers???

I have the Roush Extreme on my 2010 and it deletes the mufflers.

Did they start making a system with mufflers on it?

Phill

I have this system - Part #421127

http://www.roushperf...-2011-2012.html

It was dealer installed 6 months ago - I have emailed my sales guy pics and am awaiting word on the next step. Just disappointed in the quality.

Huh.

I've heard those on a 5-0 but didn't know they'd work on a GT500.

They sound TUFF on a 5-0! One of the better sounding mufflers I've heard.

Roush is pretty good about standing behind his stuff. You might want to call them and by-pass your dealer...or not.

Phill

Um, Roush exhaust in a Shelby forum? Just sayin.

Well *SHELBY* don't make a damn exhaust!

So regardless of brand (Roush or any other brand) it won't be Shelby in a Shelby forum!

Phill

Yeah - it bolts right on the GT500's. And it is seriously loud - really increased the volume.

I will see how the dealer progresses and go from there - just wanted to share my experience so far with this Roush system - still trying to figure out how to add the pics

Huh.

I've heard those on a 5-0 but didn't know they'd work on a GT500.

They sound TUFF on a 5-0! One of the better sounding mufflers I've heard.

Phill

I'm pretty sure that the 11-12 axlebacks are interchangable between the 5.0 and Shelby, I've seen GT guys bolt on Shelby mufflers, without mentioning that thwy had to modify them. Yours being a 2010 has different size pipe, and the 4.6 exhaust might have been different as well.

Yours being a 2010 has different size pipe, and the 4.6 exhaust might have been different as well.

Yeah, the 2010 has a smaller OD exh. pipe than the '11 and '12 but if I recall, it's the same part number for a 4.6L or a 5.4L.

Someone (here) that installed one on his '10 is who told me they'd work. I'll double check Roush's site but I'm pretty sure they're the same item (on 2010 GT500 w/5.4L and Roushcharged 427R's w/4.6L engines).

I heard a Roush Stage II 5.0 with the "in the trunk" exhaust cans installed and it sounded MEAN. It's not a good sign that the OP has a set that cracked though but Roush is REAL GOOD about standing behind their product.

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at the same exhaust for my 12. I am trying to find something close to the 2010 KR exchaust, had the flowmaster hushpower and they were a little soft, changed to the flowmaster outlaw and they are very loud so looking for something in between. These looked good but may have to reconsider.

Archived