TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My first post and intro

I figured after lurking for a few days it was time to jump in and introduce myself. I am an old muscle car guy that grew up in the era of big block Chevy's, Hemi Dodges and even Ford 427 Thunderbolts. The drive-in was packed with hot cars on a Friday and Saturday night and street racing was just like the movie "American Graffiti" only this was in Vancouver Canada.

I've owned a few fun cars like a '66 Chevelle SS 396 (swapped out for a Vette 427 engine) a 65 GTO, several '55-'57 Chevys, 64 Vette Roadster, 68 Camaro 396 convert. and a few others. When I was a teenager, you could buy a new '67 Shelby Cobra for about $ 8,000. That's right boys and girls, that's a 4 figure price tag.

Even though I've never been a big Ford fan, I appreciate a real special car like the Shelby. I was around when the original 60's Shelbys were legendary even when they first hit the streets. They were very rare and really special.

After many years of raising a family and being a responsible family guy, it's time to forget the "shoulda', coulda', woulda' and get on with it. After being on a wait list since the '07 was announced, I was just informed by my Ford SVT sales guy that I was "in" for an '08 Shelby GT500 vert. Man am I excited. Next month I am supposed to pick the colours and options for my new hot machine. I can't wait. :hyper:

My BMW converible will be for sale and I'll be the proud owner of a 2008 Shelby GT 500.

Welcome ShelbyGT4me... I take it your a convertible person? Good luck with you car ordering... What color, options, etc are you thinking of ordering? Already started thinking about mods?

P.S. good choice on the switch from beamer to GT500

It's a big step for me to give up my Beamer as I can say it's been the most fun and definately the most high quality ride I have ever owned. I doubt there would be many Beamer owners that would understand trading for a Mustang.

Yes I am a convertible person and in my experience with rare cars, the convertibles are usually the rarest and most valuable. Of course there are exceptions. I was in Arizona a few weeks ago and was amazed at how few convertibles I saw and most of them had the tops up. Now I can see in summer it would be too hot for a top down ride but winter ????

I am planning on a red convertible with the red and black interior. All options except Nav. I don't plan on any mods yet as I am concerned with re-sale value and warranty. After I have had the car for a while I might think about a HP increase if I am unsatisfied with the performance.

It's a big step for me to give up my Beamer as I can say it's been the most fun and definately the most high quality ride I have ever owned. I doubt there would be many Beamer owners that would understand trading for a Mustang.

Yes I am a convertible person and in my experience with rare cars, the convertibles are usually the rarest and most valuable. Of course there are exceptions. I was in Arizona a few weeks ago and was amazed at how few convertibles I saw and most of them had the tops up. Now I can see in summer it would be too hot for a top down ride but winter ????

I am planning on a red convertible with the red and black interior. All options except Nav. I don't plan on any mods yet as I am concerned with re-sale value and warranty. After I have had the car for a while I might think about a HP increase if I am unsatisfied with the performance.

Welcome ShelbyGT4me,

You are going to love the power in the GT500 and the ride is great too. It tracks nice and straight. Firm tight ride. The power that the car produces in the stock form is something else. I got mine a little over 3 weeks ago and am still grinnin ear to ear. Your going to love it. It will be worth the wait.

Welcome ShelbyGT4me,

You are going to love the power in the GT500 and the ride is great too. It tracks nice and straight. Firm tight ride. The power that the car produces in the stock form is something else. I got mine a little over 3 weeks ago and am still grinnin ear to ear. Your going to love it. It will be worth the wait.

That's a great picture of your car. Love that colour. Makes me rethink my choices. Maybe the '08 will have something different.

That's a great picture of your car. Love that colour. Makes me rethink my choices. Maybe the '08 will have something different.

The new color for 08 is the color that is shown on the KR photos. Vapor.

GO changes color in the lite.

The new color for 08 is the color that is shown on the KR photos. Vapor.

GO changes color in the lite.

Is GO a metallic paint ?

My BMW is called "Light Yellow" but is actually gold. It changes in different light and looks awsome when the sun is shining on it.

I'm gonig to check out the KR colour. (you can always tell us Canadians by the way we spell "colour" the English way)

Is GO a metallic paint ?

My BMW is called "Light Yellow" but is actually gold. It changes in different light and looks awsome when the sun is shining on it.

I'm gonig to check out the KR colour. (you can always tell us Canadians by the way we spell "colour" the English way)

No Grabber Orange is not metallic.

In the sun it takes on a lighter look. In the shade it gets more vibrant. In artificial light it looks even lighter.

All the colors look good on a GT500, you really can't GO wrong.

Welcome GT4ME I think you will enjoy your new car whenever you get it. I'm going to pick mine up TODAY!!!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!! :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: . You will also enjoy this forum, there are a whole bunch of great folks out there, with a world of information to help you out on just about any any GT 500 topic. Be patient.

+1

4 months for me, still smiling! :happy feet:

Welcome ShelbyGT4me !

Welcome to the forum!

One warning for you, wives enjoy the car also. :wub: This coming from a strickly truck lover that wasn't real excited about the car in general. Upon my first ride, then drive, I became hooked. :shift: It's a power that is just too addicting.

Welcome GT4ME, you will find this site to be your best frind waiting for your car, wish I got hre before I ordered mind. I have learned so much about the car and the mods, there is a ton of smart owners on this site.

you will love the car, there isn't a bad color

I am partial to Performance White

post-6683-1175689774_thumb.jpg

Hey Grabber

I picked up the ICE Claybar last night, I plan on trying it out this weekend, I'll let you know how it works

Welcome GT4ME, you will find this site to be your best frind waiting for your car, wish I got hre before I ordered mind. I have learned so much about the car and the mods, there is a ton of smart owners on this site.

you will love the car, there isn't a bad color

I am partial to Performance White

Hey Grabber

I picked up the ICE Claybar last night, I plan on trying it out this weekend, I'll let you know how it works

Would that be the liquid claybar kit ?

Guest markham51

I live near Toronto in warmer months and have a Red convert with red interior. It looks great! You wont miss the BMW for long if older cars are your passion. This machine kicks butt...

Archived