TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 KR Worth?

blondiepa

So my husband is looking at an 08KR with almost 3,000 miles on it. Vista Blue with Nav. No blower upgrade...she's pretty. I've been seaching and not many out there for sale to tell is the asking price is reasonable or not. Asking $55k. Thank you for all your replys.

Even though you see some KR's selling in the high 40's, I think for the right car, any number in the low 50's is reasonable and acceptable.

Too often people fixate the absolute lowest number, and yes as a consumer you want to spend as little as possible, however, that too comes at a cost. the cost being sitting on the sidelines waiting for that 'special' deal when you already could be enjoying the car. Or finding one that requires transport, (added cost) instead of the local unit. If you're in love with the car, and can afford it, the number of a few thousand dollars is irrelevant.

My theory is, if you're prepared to spend 50, you can certainly spend 53 (again, for the RIGHT CAR), and start enjoying the car immediately.

Back to the OP's question, make a strong (respectable) offer of 52.5k, and see where the goes...assuming the car is pefect, I believe it is worth every penny of that.

I agree with Cali_KR. For sure there are several KRs for sale right now in the high 40s, but if you really want one, you have to pull the trigger at one point. I bought a Vista Blue 2009 KR with only 150 miles a couple of months ago. I'm sure I could have paid a bit less for one if I had waited until next spring, but the car was located close enough to home for me to drive it, was a Canandian car (only one of 24 Canadian Vista Blue) and didn't require added shipping costs and the hassle and added costs of importing. Based on that, I paid a bit of a premium over what I would have been willing to pay for a similar car located a few thousands miles away.

I would try to negotiate some, but around 52-53K would be a fair price if the car is perfect. By the way, here is another 2008 Vista Blue KR with very low miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item20c03a97ac

http://www.ralphbair...ed-Kansas-67550

So my husband is looking at an 08KR with almost 3,000 miles on it. Vista Blue with Nav. No blower upgrade...she's pretty. I've been seaching and not many out there for sale to tell is the asking price is reasonable or not. Asking $55k. Thank you for all your replys.

I know some have found a KR for less but most who have found for less then 50k the cars needed something.

Not a perfect car or high mileage (splitter missing, ect)

I would say if you really want that color and the car is mint, anything in the area of 50-55k is reasonable.

(I feel that's fair for any low mileage 08 or 09 KR in good shape all there, no matter what color)

An 08 KRmodel ford did offer the dealers some money back on them to move them, but still think those numbers are fair(remember they did still have an 80k sticker on them) and most sold new between 60 and 80k some of the very last new ones sold in the 58/59 range(very few) and some even sold for over a 100k

Any dealer who still has any left,(showroom) still are asking or want high 50's and some still 60 plus.

It really comes down to how bad he/you want that color .(worth a premium to you?)

If he wanted a silver and blue 09 with at lot less mileage . I would sell one in that same price range.

HAHA I called they want $83k

I agree with Cali_KR. For sure there are several KRs for sale right now in the high 40s, but if you really want one, you have to pull the trigger at one point. I bought a Vista Blue 2009 KR with only 150 miles a couple of months ago. I'm sure I could have paid a bit less for one if I had waited until next spring, but the car was located close enough to home for me to drive it, was a Canandian car (only one of 24 Canadian Vista Blue) and didn't require added shipping costs and the hassle and added costs of importing. Based on that, I paid a bit of a premium over what I would have been willing to pay for a similar car located a few thousands miles away. I would try to negotiate some, but around 52-53K would be a fair price if the car is perfect. By the way, here is another 2008 Vista Blue KR with very low miles. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item20c03a97ac http://www.ralphbair...ed-Kansas-67550

Had no idea of the price. Just saw the $50K bid on Ebay and figured that the reserve might be in the high 50s due to the extremely low milage. This obvouisly won't sell at that price, unless they are willing to wait another 15-20 years and then sell it at Barrett-Jackson :hysterical:

And the other problem with this car is that it has been sitting in a show room for 4 full years now. I would be willing to bet that it does not get started regularly, obviously it does not get driven, is the original battery any good form sitting so long (I am sure they don't use a trickle charger in the show room) and I wonder if the gas in the tank has ever been changed or stabilizer been used on the fuel.

Just because it has 14 miles doesn't mean there are no issues. Proper storage of a car along with a few storage maintenance items are something to consider and I am sure that none of the above has been done on this particular car.

QSS

In Kansas City we have a 2008 KR #125 black on black with 16 miles on it, again its been on the showroom floor. They are asking $66,900. It looks like at this point there isn't a stable market price. In the dealers eyes they think they are taking a hit at $66k. Hindsight they probably should have taken that offer over $80k if they had one.

If someone is interested in this car let me know, I would be happy to take some photos for you. Pretty cool to look at when I go in for service, but would prefer to know a Shelby nut has it in their garage.

The dealer said that if it doesn't sell by spring they are taking to Barrett and they think it will go over $100k. I just laughed at him and respectively said will not happen...and I'll watch for it.

Had no idea of the price. Just saw the $50K bid on Ebay and figured that the reserve might be in the high 50s due to the extremely low milage. This obvouisly won't sell at that price, unless they are willing to wait another 15-20 years and then sell it at Barrett-Jackson :hysterical:

The dealer said that if it doesn't sell by spring they are taking to Barrett and they think it will go over $100k. I just laughed at him and respectively said will not happen...and I'll watch for it.

Which car is this? I don't think the dealer is being realistic at all. It is 2012 not 2008.

I made a very stout offer on this car...on the tip of today's realistic values. I'm patient, so no big deal, but my impression of Kelly at Ralph Baird Motors in Larned Kansas is that he's quite rude and definitely acted like I was bothering him.

If he accepted my offer would I still buy it? Sure. But I'd definitely go someplace else to buy an F150

• 1 month later...

Hey, Happy New Year! So, did your husband wind up buying this one? Or still negoitiating/shopping?? Good luck. The "Thrill is in the Hunt!" : >

I made a very stout offer on this car...on the tip of today's realistic values. I'm patient, so no big deal, but my impression of Kelly at Ralph Baird Motors in Larned Kansas is that he's quite rude and definitely acted like I was bothering him.

If he accepted my offer would I still buy it? Sure. But I'd definitely go someplace else to buy an F150

If you're still looking for a KR, there is a black on black, never titled, 16 mile, CSM#125 available just down the road from me. The general manager at the Ford dealer is a good friend of mine. I would be happy to send you some photos and find out what they would take given the market. Feel free to PM

When I was looking to purchase my GT500, I was amazed with how many stock GT500s were available through Carmax dealers across the country. To my knowledge, Carmax has either purchased these at auction or from owners needing to quick sell. Guessing most owners did not go to these dealers to trade them in on a pre-owned car. Either way, not good for holding their value.

Not really sure what region has the most GT500s, but we don't see many in the Kansas City market. Maybe they are all in storage.

Archived