TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed BMR Suspension Parts

Cobra 29

This past weekend, my son and I installed BMR Lower Control Arm Brackets, Lower Control Arms, the Panhard Brace and the Adjustable Panhard Bar on my GT 500. We installed the Lower Control Arms, the Panhard Brace, the Adjustable Panhard Bar and Front and Rear Sway Bars on his 2006 Mustang. We took our time, and had to run to the hardware store a few times, and did one car on Saturday and the other on Sunday. It took about 6 hours per car. The parts were well-made and fit well. It helps to have a strong young adult to pull the 130 foot pounds to tighten key bolts! Also after asking, BMR strongly suggested the use of a synthetic grease like Mobil 1 synthetic grease for poly bushings. We were fortunate to make this selection prior to installing the parts.

You will be happy with those BMR parts. I installed mine in the spring and it made quite a difference.

Enjoy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The advantage of having the LCA relocation brackets is to have the ability to change / correct the position of the LCA . Reguarding the support brace it is there to prevent the panard bar from tearing its frame mount bracket off of the underside of the chassis. The BMR support brace is a very nice piece since it bends up by the frame mount on the passenger side and then goes over to the drivers side which allows for some additional clearance for the panard bar to go up and down. Hope you enjoy the mods but watch out they can become addictive and you can end up buying more than what you need or go to a place you don't want to be. :doh:

Archived