TEAM SHELBY FORUM

45 years between Mustangs

Boidster

As an owner of a '67 hardtop (handed down several years ago from my nana, its only other owner) I knew all along that one day...one day...I'd add another pony (snake?) to the collection.

Well, today is apparently the day. I just picked up a six-mile-old 2012 GT500 w/SVT & Electronics for under $50K out the door. No, that isn't a typo. I was not actually planning on buying for a few weeks, but this price I just couldn't let go. Even my local dealer said there was no way he could come close to that price and I probably should just buy it.

To top it off, when I mentioned to the girlfriend that I was looking into buying a GT500, she said, "Well, you deserve it." :wub2: Holy crap I about married her on the spot.

I'm leaving for Christmas vacation soon, and it's going to be about 3 weeks before I can ship the car to me. This may be the only time ever that I've wanted to get home from vacation ASAP. On the plus side, I will have the '67 to play around with on vacation.

Glad to be in the club!

As an owner of a '67 hardtop (handed down several years ago from my nana, its only other owner) I knew all along that one day...one day...I'd add another pony (snake?) to the collection.

Well, today is apparently the day. I just picked up a six-mile-old 2012 GT500 w/SVT & Electronics for under $50K out the door. No, that isn't a typo. I was not actually planning on buying for a few weeks, but this price I just couldn't let go. Even my local dealer said there was no way he could come close to that price and I probably should just buy it.

To top it off, when I mentioned to the girlfriend that I was looking into buying a GT500, she said, "Well, you deserve it." :wub2: Holy crap I about married her on the spot.

I'm leaving for Christmas vacation soon, and it's going to be about 3 weeks before I can ship the car to me. This may be the only time ever that I've wanted to get home from vacation ASAP. On the plus side, I will have the '67 to play around with on vacation.

Glad to be in the club!

Boidster Welcome to T.S & Congrats on your new ride, When you get it pictures & feed back would be nice.l

Archived