TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Website

wanted2b

Is this website transition complete. JMO, but I think this version sucks. It was some much better before all the changes. I don't even like to come onto the site. Sorry if I offended anyone.

You may not be alone on that. It seems like there are fewer people posting since the upgrade was put in place. I have no official numbers on this, I'm just going by the number posts I see under new content.

Steve

Is this website transition complete. JMO, but I think this version sucks. It was some much better before all the changes. I don't even like to come onto the site. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Might be a little more productive if you state what you don't like about it and what problems you are having. Might be the provider you are using etc. Maybe something that can be fixed if you state what type of probelms you are having.

From my end I like it much more. Much faster and easier to work with. So what kind of problems are you having?

I don't have any real issues with this version of the software, no more, no less, than the old version. I do like the softer color changes as the content is the focus and not the page graphics.

That said, I think it would be helpful if people could post specific issues or areas of concern rather than just post blanket statements. I think you'll have a much better chance of an improvement if you give some examples.

As for posts, it's getting colder, and with the holidays, I suspect people just have other things to do!

Oh...speaking of...Merry Christmas all! B)

Might be a little more productive if you state what you don't like about it and what problems you are having. Might be the provider you are using etc. Maybe something that can be fixed if you state what type of probelms you are having.

From my end I like it much more. Much faster and easier to work with. So what kind of problems are you having?

You beat me!

+1

My objection is the use of real estate. I don't have nor want a huge HD display. I just use my laptop for everything and the total layout is designed around a HD dimension with a full display window. Especially the "new content" window - horrible. Lots of goofy stuff that adds nothing to the navigation intent.

The normal forum topic window looks good though - the font choice and size is good.

Need Help ! At the time of the conversion, I don't remember having any issues. But now, when I open the "new content" window, all that comes up in the center of the screen for each post is the number of replys, number of views, and date of last reply.....nothing regarding the subject matter of that entry. In order to know what it's about, you click on a small arrow and that opens the initial post. Used to be able to scroll down the page and scan what each topic is about without actually opening anything. You were able to easily pick and choose what was of interest. Designed change or am I doing something wrong??

Need Help ! At the time of the conversion, I don't remember having any issues. But now, when I open the "new content" window, all that comes up in the center of the screen for each post is the number of replys, number of views, and date of last reply.....nothing regarding the subject matter of that entry. In order to know what it's about, you click on a small arrow and that opens the initial post. Used to be able to scroll down the page and scan what each topic is about without actually opening anything. You were able to easily pick and choose what was of interest. Designed change or am I doing something wrong??

The "New Content" window seems to be problematic. At least some of us have similar results. I think it has to do with the width of the browser window.

On the old version, when I specified "view new content" it would take me to the new responses to each thread. For instance, it a thread had two pages worth of entries and someone post a new response, the old version would take me to the second page and land on the new entries. The new version takes me to the first page and I have to jump to the second page and page down until the last new entries. This is very frustrating. Please fix the way it was before!

On the old version, when I specified "view new content" it would take me to the new responses to each thread. For instance, it a thread had two pages worth of entries and someone post a new response, the old version would take me to the second page and land on the new entries. The new version takes me to the first page and I have to jump to the second page and page down until the last new entries. This is very frustrating. Please fix the way it was before!

I agree. Clicking the back button and then having to "page down" trying to figure out what was the last post viewed in a big pain in the rear.

This one is easy. If you click on the blue dot or star to the left of the thread, it brings you right to your last post viewed. The star represents a thread you have a reply on, the dot is a thread that you have not had a reply on. However, if you click on either, it brings you to your last post viewed.

I agree. Clicking the back button and then having to "page down" trying to figure out what was the last post viewed in a big pain in the rear.

When you first open a "View New Content" topic, are you clicking on the "star" (a topic you have posted to) or the "bullet" (a thread you have viewed, but not posted to)? Doing either of those should take you to the next (or first unread) post.

Back on the 19th when I wrote about the problem I was experiencing, the issue was resolved after it was stated in a later post that "mobil" issues were corrected. Sadly, whatever was corrected only lasted for 24 hours. On the 21st, my problem returned. When trying to view "New Content", all that appears on my screen is #of replys, # of views and the last person to add a comment. No topic info is visible. You must click on an arrow inside the box to open that topic in order to see what it's about. Is there a connection to the "Mobil" app?? Why did it work correctly for 1 day?? Anyone have any thoughts???

Yeah, I too am having problems with the mobile app. Even when I downloaded the IEP web address forum app to my IPod touch, I still got a blank page for the mobile format.

And what happened to the birthday section to the bottom of the home page? I bet a lot of TS members feel like their TS friends are forgetting their birthdays do to the missing section.

Archived