TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shopping for Wheels

MichaelGoodwin

Okay, I've been on this site because I love the wheels they have and i actually found quite a few on ebay for pretty good deals. I'm stuck between the C8, CS5.0, and the RS8 all in Hyper Silver. My car is a 2011 GT500 white with silver stripes. The configurator doesn't have my model car but it does have other GT500's and GT's that can give me a general idea. What do you think? I'm leaning close to the CS5.0 but the C8 and RS8 are catching my attention.

http://www.conceptonewheelsusa.com/wheel-configurator

Michael:

I am in the market for some new wheels as well. For some reason I don't really care for any of the concept one wheels to the point I would purchase any. I have seen an owner with an 11 White/Silver go with Black TSW Interlagos and thought they looked very good. I think a Charcoal grey wheel would go well with your paint scheme.

Forgestar makes great wheels at reasonable prices but their wait time is terrible (2 months). They are light weight and would reduce your rotating mass on the corners in most cases by 10lbs a wheel over the base SVT Forged 19x9.5.

There is a brand new wheel for 2012 from TSW that I like that just got released called the brooklands. You can see it on TSW site. That comes in black or silver with a similar price point to concept one but I would guess it be lighter than the concept one wheels.

I plan to purchase 20" for the rear and 19" for the front. Personally I think 20's look to big on the front for the S197 body style. I am sure many people think I am crazy for doing this but Ford did it with the SVTPP model so it can't be that bad of an idea. Trying to decide if I go with TSW/Forgestar like price point or suck it up and go with Forgeline or HRE. I probably would do the latter but only I could see an example on a GT500 with my exact paint scheme. I don't want to make a $6,000 mistake.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the update. Well I was thinking of staying with 19's all around but still stuck with deciding what to do on size. I do know that I want to run a wider wheel in the back (preferably 11's) but we'll have to wait and see what I can find first. I have looked at TSW before but wasn't sure if Snetterton or Valencia wheels were something I wanted to go with. I've seen the TSW Brooklands but not sure that would work on a muscle car. It looks more like a European luxury car wheel. I'm pretty fond of 5 spokes and mesh style wheels. But thanks for the info on TSW's. I'll look into these and weigh my options. I also don't want to make a mistake with the wheels either but I also want to break the mold and try to go a different route than others. Most GT500 I've seen all the same all seem to have the same wheels when they go to purchase aftermarket ones. I originally wanted to go with a concave wheel but the prices are ridiculous

Archived