TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wanted: 08/09 Black w/ Black Stripes KR

KRKevin

Hello Shelby Fans. I am looking to step up from Mopar to the big leagues! Looking for a super clean and documented KR to enjoy. South West location preferred, but not mandatory. Nav system would be nice. Any help/ advise would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Shelby forums! You came to the right place.

Your spot on with the need to have a KR completely documented. This will be critical for future sales.

There are many threads discussing this and what comes with the KR in documentation. The more the better. As I stated in a previous thread, I even kept the temporary registration when I bought the KR from the dealership.

There was a black KR, 09, at Temecula Ford in California. That was a long time ago, though. Like 2 years ago. Maybe it's still there? I don't know. They were wanting 65k at that time, which was way too much, even at that time.

People do occassionally post they are selling their KR on this forum. No black ones. But you never know......

I'm sure you keep an eye on ebay and autotrader. There are plenty of KR's for sale on those venues. Should be some black ones.

One of the moderators here or Steve at SAI, might be able to tell you where there are still KR's sitting on dealer lots. If you are interested in buying a new one that's been sitting.

Another thing to think about is buying the GT500 2013 instead. More performance stock. But doesn't have the KR, "exclusivity". I know one KR owner with an active thread here, "value of an 09 KR", or something like that, that is considering trading his KR for the 13. He's having a tough time giving up the exclusivity vs stock performance in his decision. Maybe the 13 would be something you would consider?

Good luck on your search. You'll love the car!

Welcome to the Shelby forums! You came to the right place.

Your spot on with the need to have a KR completely documented. This will be critical for future sales.

There are many threads discussing this and what comes with the KR in documentation. The more the better. As I stated in a previous thread, I even kept the temporary registration when I bought the KR from the dealership.

There was a black KR, 09, at Temecula Ford in California. That was a long time ago, though. Like 2 years ago. Maybe it's still there? I don't know. They were wanting 65k at that time, which was way too much, even at that time.

People do occassionally post they are selling their KR on this forum. No black ones. But you never know......

I'm sure you keep an eye on ebay and autotrader. There are plenty of KR's for sale on those venues. Should be some black ones.

One of the moderators here or Steve at SAI, might be able to tell you where there are still KR's sitting on dealer lots. If you are interested in buying a new one that's been sitting.

Another thing to think about is buying the GT500 2013 instead. More performance stock. But doesn't have the KR, "exclusivity". I know one KR owner with an active thread here, "value of an 09 KR", or something like that, that is considering trading his KR for the 13. He's having a tough time giving up the exclusivity vs stock performance in his decision. Maybe the 13 would be something you would consider?

Good luck on your search. You'll love the car!

Thank you for the advise. The exclusivity is certainly part of the equation. That being said, I did catch the 2013 at the LA Auto show and it was pretty dang nice!

• 2 weeks later...

congrats! i have a black/black 08kr and truly do love this car. don't care that the 13 will have an extra 110hp. swap in a tvs blower and it will have more hp than the 13. the kr is the most beautiful mustang ever built right ahead of the 67 fastback which i used to own.

I now have my car and it is AMAZING. Thanks to all for the leads and recommendations.

I am looking forward to participating in some of the Shelby related events that are coming up.

Tell us more about it, plus pictures...............

YES... :yahoo: ...must post :camera: ...and update your sig.. :rockon:

Congratulations Kevin, glad we were able to put you and the car together.

Looking forward to meeting you in March at the pre Bash mixer at the Embassy Suites.

Tom

Archived