TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone near Modesto CA that could look at a KR at Carmax for me ?

gearhed31

I'm still shopping around for a KR and have located another one which seems to be priced reasonably at Carmax in Modesto, CA:

http://www.carmax.co...0c-82e29ccb2a8e

Anybody located near there that could possibly look at the car and give me their opinions ?? Also, what the exact mileage is ??

I'm located in the midwest, is the reason I ask....

Thanks !!

-Scott

Scott;

Front splitter, possibly battery and the all mighty documents are what I see changed. I did see the 4"x6" photo on the Brake Duct Kit box - gotta save that. Call local Ford Dealer with VIN and have them run an Oasis Report, this will show in service date and any repairs done under warranty.

What's the transfer fee? Oh, I might add, the large lag screws in the front bumper without the plate holder.

Happy hunting.

Scott; Front splitter, possibly battery and the all mighty documents are what I see changed. I did see the 4"x6" photo on the Brake Duct Kit box - gotta save that. Call local Ford Dealer with VIN and have them run an Oasis Report, this will show in service date and any repairs done under warranty. What's the transfer fee? Oh, I might add, the large lag screws in the front bumper without the plate holder. Happy hunting.

I called and emailed them a couple days ago. They still were waiting on the title to be transferred to them before they could confirm that it could be transferred to my local CarMax. I'm guessing the transfer fee would be at least $800+.

-Scott

Yeah, I noticed that splitter as well. Maybe they have it packed away for protection.

Carmax?!, this is just a used car to them (as it would be to most car dealers)....just a number that needs to be turned. That standard GT500 splitter is a replacement to the original that got destroyed somewhere during the previous ownership. That would be my educated guess.

Scott;

Front splitter, possibly battery and the all mighty documents are what I see changed. I did see the 4"x6" photo on the Brake Duct Kit box - gotta save that. Call local Ford Dealer with VIN and have them run an Oasis Report, this will show in service date and any repairs done under warranty.

What's the transfer fee? Oh, I might add, the large lag screws in the front bumper without the plate holder.

Happy hunting.

You just know that front bumper was unmolested until CarMax got a hold of it.

Specs say it only has 500 HP ! :)

Not just specs but nowhere that I can see do they mention its a KR. Judging by the price, they've priced this KR as a regular GT500. Transferring the car to another CarMax may let the cat out of the bag.

I'd spend that $800 transfer fee on a plane ticket before CarMax catches their error.

Steve

I'm passing on this one and suspending my search for a KR. I'm flying to Detroit next Wednesday to pick up a new 2012 GT500 in Kona Blue !!

Maybe a few years down the road I'll acquire a KR.....

-Scott

KR or the 2012, either way, congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

The one at the Carmax in Modesto, CA looked kind of lousy as compared to others. I've been doing recent KR reviews here in Texas.

Take a bright LED light with you to look underneath and inside. Take photos underneath and inside/outside for review later.

Inspect hood for any trouble.

Take the list of 13 items(previously posted on TS) with you and see if they have these items. I am sure other KR experts will weigh in.

1. KR certificate of authenticity

2. GT500 window sticker noting "Not Legal for Sale" noting the car was shipped through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas then shipped to the original dealer where the KR was sold.

3. Shelby American window sticker for the KR

4. Select Dealer letter from Ford Marketing noting the inclusion of the Certificate of Authenticity.

5. Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual in addition to the standard manuals and booklets for the GT500.

6.Shelby Automobiles invitation to purchase GT500KR print artwork signed by CS

7. Shelby watch advertisment.

8. Zmax pamphlet

9. Blue Shelby Automobiles "As altered" sticker on door jam drivers side.

10. Team Shelby poster card reminding you to register your KR with Team Shelby.

11. Shelby Floor Mats

12. Shelby brake duct kit

13. 2 Wheel lock key tools with instructions in glove box.

Check out these KR's below. I have spoken with them about one of them and might go see it.

http://stores.ebay.c...=47348343&_sc=1

I may go and look at this car tomorrow. Anything to watch for on these KRs?

Me thinks you must be going to Lake Don Pedro...then tell the wife, "Honey, I've got to make a quick stop and check something out" :shades:

Me thinks you must be going to Lake Don Pedro...then tell the wife, "Honey, I've got to make a quick stop and check something out" :shades:

Yuupppp. She knows I want to look at his car. May not be the cleanest so I am just currious to see it.

Stewarbc,

Item #3 of the above laundry list.....the Shelby window sticker.....I don't seem to have that. Can you post a pic of it? Does everyone else have that sticker?

Thanks,

Steve

I wish I did. This laundry list is what I am using in my quest and search for the perfect KR. I am in contact with a KR owner right now who has this sticker in his materials. I will have to see if he minds posting the pictures. I'm sure he won't as he's on TeamShelby too. I just don't want to speak for him.

I looked at the car at CARMAX in Modesto. The milage is under the rounded up 2K. The silver paint looks good, stripes seem to have some spots however it may be car soap as the passenger side sill plate was discolored and when I wiped it with some water it came clean. It also looked liked soap.

Under side has all the decals etc on the sway bar, rear end etc. AutoCheck vehicle history report shows it as having two owners, no accidents, no frame-body damage etc. It has the owners book with KR supplemental, brake cooling kit and front license plate holder in the trunk. Rims appeared not to be scuffed. No wheel locks or locking lug nuts. Front splitter is not carbon fiber but could not detect any noticible curb damage on plastic pan etc. That being said, the radiator cover that holds the prop rod did appear to not be seated properly. Could just be me. Has the Shelby mats and rear smaller mats, blue Shelby sticker on the door jam. Has all the KR fluid caps. Interior seemed to be in good shape.

I did not drive the car becouse it was getting late. However it is inside the showroom which is a good thing. CARMAX has no documentation or certificates etc. Went to dealer on 04/18/2008. 12/17/2008 8 miles DMV. 03/29/2010 milage was reported at 945. Car appears to have resided in Oakdale, CA.

May be a good car for someone that is not hung up on all the paper work. Should be able to get a new Shelby cert when registered. As for the front bumper holes, I did bend their ear about that and they said it was already drilled. Not sure because the plate holder is in the trunk.

I think the window sticker from Shelby is the upfit sticker with the 32k, if memory serves pricing on it. I've got that. I was thinking of a little sticker, like, a car alarm size sticker for the window.

So all is good. I've got all those pics of what came with the car if anyone wants them posted. Or can email them all to whomever wants them.

Happy New Year everyone!

I looked at the car at CARMAX in Modesto. The milage is under the rounded up 2K. The silver paint looks good, stripes seem to have some spots however it may be car soap as the passenger side sill plate was discolored and when I wiped it with some water it came clean. It also looked liked soap.

Under side has all the decals etc on the sway bar, rear end etc. AutoCheck vehicle history report shows it as having two owners, no accidents, no frame-body damage etc. It has the owners book with KR supplemental, brake cooling kit and front license plate holder in the trunk. Rims appeared not to be scuffed. No wheel locks or locking lug nuts. Front splitter is not carbon fiber but could not detect any noticible curb damage on plastic pan etc. That being said, the radiator cover that holds the prop rod did appear to not be seated properly. Could just be me. Has the Shelby mats and rear smaller mats, blue Shelby sticker on the door jam. Has all the KR fluid caps. Interior seemed to be in good shape.

I did not drive the car becouse it was getting late. However it is inside the showroom which is a good thing. CARMAX has no documentation or certificates etc. Went to dealer on 04/18/2008. 12/17/2008 8 miles DMV. 03/29/2010 milage was reported at 945. Car appears to have resided in Oakdale, CA.

May be a good car for someone that is not hung up on all the paper work. Should be able to get a new Shelby cert when registered. As for the front bumper holes, I did bend their ear about that and they said it was already drilled. Not sure because the plate holder is in the trunk.

Thanks for the review, sounds like a good candidate for somebody. Most of the "paperwork" can be created to some degree.

Archived