TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS Sensor Tool Application re: Ebay Auction

Had a very slow leak in one of the Snake tires so Roger swapped out the rim and tire; apparently the rim had a flaw.

Anyone know if this would be the right FORD TPMS Sensor tool to retrain or reset the tire pressure system?

Below is the link to a FOMOCO tool that is advertised for 2008-2011 Fords.. The seller said he had sold several to Mustang GT owners, but he wasn't sure if this tool would be applicable to a Shelby GT500.

Thanks for any advice.

http://www.ebay.com/...RS:1123&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqN,!mEE6CiowGbZBOjLoIwfQw~~60_12.JPG

I bought a transmitter in Feb of 2008 from Team Ford when everyone was talking about them. I have the receipt and it says the part number is FMC8C2Z1A203A. Back then retail was $18.00 but they sold them to us for $13.39. Mine is in my trunk and never been used.

This is the procedures that we were told to use with the tool:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordguy4u/2010-01-04_180543_A1.pdf

I am confused............When I did my Alcoa widening project I bought four extra 9" Super Snake Alcoa's for the project. Alll four had sensors and stainless bands in place when I received them. I widened two to 12" and installed them on my car and I moved the original 10" to the front. I have had no TPMS issues, the only time since my project that I did have an alert on the dash was when one of the rear tires was low, I filled it, the dash light went out. Why are my rear TPMS sensors not needing to be programmed or reprogrammed to my car, they were/are completely foreign to my system, however they seem to work properly without reprogramming???

I have driven my car 200+ miles since the widening project............

R

I am confused............When I did my Alcoa widening project I bought four extra 9" Super Snake Alcoa's for the project. Alll four had sensors and stainless bands in place when I received them. I widened two to 12" and installed them on my car and I moved the original 10" to the front. I have had no TPMS issues, the only time since my project that I did have an alert on the dash was when one of the rear tires was low, I filled it, the dash light went out. Why are my rear TPMS sensors not needing to be programmed or reprogrammed to my car, they were/are completely foreign to my system, however they seem to work properly without reprogramming???

I have driven my car 200+ miles since the widening project............

R

Have you driven at least 20 miles on the highway without stopping? Mine won't come on with short trips around town. I bought widen Alcoas with the prior generation's sensors with bands (07-09) already in them, tires mounted. I have a 2011 that requires the TPMS sensor on valve stem (10-12). Will correct when tires need to changed.

Have you driven at least 20 miles on the highway without stopping? Mine won't come on with short trips around town. I bought widen Alcoas with the prior generation's sensors with bands (07-09) already in them, tires mounted. I have a 2011 that requires the TPMS sensor on valve stem (10-12). Will correct when tires need to changed.

Yes, I have driven to Tampa (28-30 miles) to get my Gary Disney/Super Snake interior upgrade installed. That 28-30 miles was each way. That is the time when my sensor showed low tire pressure, I filled the tire (right rear), which was low, the light went out, and I have seen no other TPMS related indicators on the dash. That was 2 months ago and I have had the car out multiple times since then.

R

Yes, I have driven to Tampa (28-30 miles) to get my Gary Disney/Super Snake interior upgrade installed. That 28-30 miles was each way. That is the time when my sensor showed low tire pressure, I filled the tire (right rear), which was low, the light went out, and I have seen no other TPMS related indicators on the dash. That was 2 months ago and I have had the car out multiple times since then.

R

Sounds encouraging then, when I get the correct TPMS sensors installed I won't have to go to the Ford Dealership to " program " my sensors to my car? When I moved my rears to the front and added the widened alcoas to the back is when the Ford tech found I had the wrong style TPMS sensors out back. The FOMOCO tool located the rear sensors away from the valve stems and the sensors wouldn't communicate with my car. The front sensors originally from the rear did communicate with my car.

Sounds encouraging then, when I get the correct TPMS sensors installed I won't have to go to the Ford Dealership to " program " my sensors to my car? When I moved my rears to the front and added the widened alcoas to the back is when the Ford tech found I had the wrong style TPMS sensors out back. The FOMOCO tool located the rear sensors away from the valve stems and the sensors wouldn't communicate with my car. The front sensors originally from the rear did communicate with my car.

Then my car must be a fluke..........I have original rears on the front and I have completely different sensors/Alcoa's on the rear? No TPMS lights (knock on plastic!), except when I had that one low (below 28psi) condition on the rear which was correct. I added air and the light went out.

R

Then my car must be a fluke..........I have original rears on the front and I have completely different sensors/Alcoa's on the rear? No TPMS lights (knock on plastic!), except when I had that one low (below 28psi) condition on the rear which was correct. I added air and the light went out.

R

But I wonder if as long as you have the correct sensor(part#) that it's not necessary to program to car? But usually I'm not that lucky. lol.

• 1 month later...

I have seen it used where you just place it on the outside of your rim right underneath the valve stem where the sensor is located on the other side and hit the button. It should take less than 5 seconds to program, very simple.

The sensors on my Alcoa's are the earlier design and attach with a stainless band to the inner portion of the rim.

R

Archived