TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Cobra Q&A

GT500-07

where are these rollers being built?

has the front wheel alignment/placement been corrected? (CSX7076/MY500SS)

does the engine air breather cap that is shown on the SAI 50th Cobra page come with the roller for the dealer to install?

is the rear exhaust shown on the SAI 50th Cobra page the final system? the rear mufflers look a little low?

can the glove box cover be autographed by Mr.Shelby?

They are being built at HiTech. Supposedly some on the way here now. No ideas about the assembly.

Of course engine details are left to the owner since they are supplied as rollers only.

They were sold out rather quickly but word is the bulk went as specs to a few dealers. Stephen Becker (Planet Cobra) and Denbeste might have some spec cars.

CS has historically signed the dash or glove box of the Cobras, or at least he used to. Was yours not signed when you got it?

They are being built at HiTech. Supposedly some on the way here now. No ideas about the assembly.

Of course engine details are left to the owner since they are supplied as rollers only.

They were sold out rather quickly but word is the bulk went as specs to a few dealers. Stephen Becker (Planet Cobra) and Denbeste might have some spec cars.

CS has historically signed the dash or glove box of the Cobras, or at least he used to. Was yours not signed when you got it?

thanks Tony, mine was signed at the 85th bash

Are you thinking of getting one? If I had the garage space I would think about it. A 289 car is much more civilized although still wouldn't meet the environmental requirements of the boss.

I do have an opportunity to get one and I agree on the 289 statement

I do have an opportunity to get one and I agree on the 289 statement

For street use the high HP high torque of the 427 engines is just too much for the car. Perfect for the track but way too easy to get the rear end squirelly on cold roads etc. Furthermore, it's always running so low that it feels like I was always lugging the engine down. I'd much rather take a 289 to the high end than a 427 only 1/2 or 2/3 of the way up. I always felt the engine was happy around 5000-5500 which would mean staying in third most of the time :). Of course, it was happiest at 6200 or so (DFI rev limit at 6250).

If you get one would you trade your existing one or add to the collection?

I honestly don't know if the anniversary cars will ever be worth any more than the other continuation cars but I like the looks of them. There was a guy (I think in DC) that got one of the (I think 85th birthday) 427s with the supercharger and couldn't get any more for it than any other car I don't know if he ever sold it. I think he may have wandered in here every once in a while.. Went by DCDoug if I recall...

For street use the high HP high torque of the 427 engines is just too much for the car. Perfect for the track but way too easy to get the rear end squirelly on cold roads etc. Furthermore, it's always running so low that it feels like I was always lugging the engine down. I'd much rather take a 289 to the high end than a 427 only 1/2 or 2/3 of the way up. I always felt the engine was happy around 5000-5500 which would mean staying in third most of the time :). Of course, it was happiest at 6200 or so (DFI rev limit at 6250).

If you get one would you trade your existing one or add to the collection?

I honestly don't know if the anniversary cars will ever be worth any more than the other continuation cars but I like the looks of them. There was a guy (I think in DC) that got one of the (I think 85th birthday) 427s with the supercharger and couldn't get any more for it than any other car I don't know if he ever sold it. I think he may have wandered in here every once in a while.. Went by DCDoug if I recall...

I sold the CSX this past summer and the boss wasn't happy

Archived