TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Service in MD

creilly333

I figured I would post this in here since the Southeast Region seems to favor more, well, southeastern folks than Maryland. Still not sure why MD is part of that region.

Anyway to my question. I have a 2012 GT500 SVTPP that I purchased back in September. It is now parked for the winter but come spring I'll be looking for somewhere to service the car and I'm looking for a recommended dealer in Maryland that can do that for me. I would take it to the dealer that I bought it from in Frederick but, quite frankly, I'm not filled with confidence about their ability to look after my car.

Thanks in advance

Colin

I figured I would post this in here since the Southeast Region seems to favor more, well, southeastern folks than Maryland. Still not sure why MD is part of that region.

Anyway to my question. I have a 2012 GT500 SVTPP that I purchased back in September. It is now parked for the winter but come spring I'll be looking for somewhere to service the car and I'm looking for a recommended dealer in Maryland that can do that for me. I would take it to the dealer that I bought it from in Frederick but, quite frankly, I'm not filled with confidence about their ability to look after my car.

Thanks in advance

Colin

Hi Colin, welcome to Team Shelby.

I service my car myself but when I had my vert top replaced I had nothing but praise for the guys at Bob Davidson Ford in Baltimore (just off the 695 beltway). They treated me better than I expected and the owner has a SuperSnake so they know how special these cars are. I guess that would be quite a jaunt for you in Frederick but they did right by me.

BTW, I could have sworn Maryland WAS in the Northeast Region (maybe they realized we were south of the Mason-Dixon line, lol).

Don't go to Al Packers in Baltimore ! On my FREE first service they put 8 quarts of oil in

my 09 GT 500 and asked me why it was over full by the DS.

My reply was do you guys know what your doing. They asked me to wait outside.

They checked with Ford and drained 1 1/2 quarts out and gave me the car.

After I got home I checked the drain plug and it was hand lose, it turned when I touched it

and had some blow back on the oil pan.

It's never been back to a dealer.

Ramsey Ford in Rising Sun Maryland services my F250 diesel and does a great job.

They are very customer focused.

Thanks guys. I normally do all the work on my cars but right now I don't have the facilities to be able to do so. I'd just like to find someone reputable in the area. I don't mind traveling to find someone who knows what they are doing.

Colin

Thanks guys. I normally do all the work on my cars but right now I don't have the facilities to be able to do so. I'd just like to find someone reputable in the area. I don't mind traveling to find someone who knows what they are doing.

Colin

I'd also like to know which dealers are good and which are not. I usually service all my vehicles too. But right now

I do not have that ability.

Tim

Hi Colin, welcome to Team Shelby.

I service my car myself but when I had my vert top replaced I had nothing but praise for the guys at Bob Davidson Ford in Baltimore (just off the 695 beltway). They treated me better than I expected and the owner has a SuperSnake so they know how special these cars are. I guess that would be quite a jaunt for you in Frederick but they did right by me.

BTW, I could have sworn Maryland WAS in the Northeast Region (maybe they realized we were south of the Mason-Dixon line, lol).

More than likely I'll try Bob Davidson Ford when the time comes. Thanks for all your help.

Colin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apple Ford in Columbia has had a decent track record. I always go indie. Bill Wise down at Burnt Mills Auto Service, AKA BAP Racing specializes in Cobras and gets you in and out way under dealership pricing. Even on non Cobra rides. He's always done my BMWs and Porsche.

Archived