TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa Supersnake Wheels

Sudguy4

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally bought the KR Alcoa's because I wanted side-wall. The KR F-1 winged boot tires are HARSH on road seams. I get a ton of road noise from them. They "slap" the seams and in CO with snow, our roads have a lot of cracks and seams so they're not a good tire for out here.

My OE 19" F1 tires were fine so when the 18's wear out, I'll try the 20's and see if they're any better. If worse comes to worse, I see the 13 Boss 302 has 19" Pirelli P-zero's on it and those would go nice on my OE wheels, then I'll have two sets of Alcoa's up for sale (18" KR's and 20" SS's).

If I drop the rear tire pressure in the 18" KR tires to 20psi, they ride GREAT. And, they get GREAT traction. But 20psi is going to wear the sides out too soon.

Phill

Phill, those 20" Alcoa's will look HORRIBLE on your car! I think you better sell them to me ASAP to preclude certain embarrassment. :lol2:

Thank you sir for that tidbit!

Will it look anything like the above?

Will they be available to non-SS owners as were the Alcoa's

What will be the finish?

Will there also be finish options?

It's ok Roger you can tell us, we won't tell......Promise!

:hysterical:

No, can't tell ya, yes, yes, no! :hysterical:

Roger

Phill, those 20" Alcoa's will look HORRIBLE on your car! I think you better sell them to me ASAP to preclude certain embarrassment. :lol2:

YES! TO ME! :drool:

LOL...

It's SO nice to have so many friends looking out for me!

I FEEL THE LOVE! <lol>

With friends like these........(you know the rest!)

I knew when I bought them, there wouldn't be a problem getting rid of them if that ever came to be.

Phill

Ditching Alcoas was bad idea. They worked perfectly on the Mustang. It gave them a unique modern and classy look all at the same time.

+1 :yup:

Alcoa & Shelby are leaving alot of money on the table by discontinuing these wheels. :spend: The demand for these is huge.

+1 :yup:

Alcoa & Shelby are leaving alot of money on the table by discontinuing these wheels. :spend: The demand for these is huge.

Shhh, I'm in negotiations with Phill here!

Phill?, Phill??

I will tell you guys that the wheels that were on the Shelby 1000 at the New York Auto Show were absolutley incredible...

Hopefully thats the base wheel that all the different iterations (possibly) are based off of?

Roger???

:shades:

Shhh, I'm in negotiations with Phill here!

Phill?, Phill??

Who? Phill? I don't know no Phill!

Pete

Pete!

I want Phill back, what did you do with Phill?

Ah, so Pete,....ya got any Alcoa's for sale???

Quido :shades:

Phill was away, packing the Alcoas for me, so Pete took over meanwhile. :hysterical3:

INAPPROPRIATE!!! :redcard:

:hysterical2:

LMAO!

I'm flattered. I've had two girls fight over me before but NEVER two guys!! <LOL>

Phill

I will tell you guys that the wheels that were on the Shelby 1000 at the New York Auto Show were absolutley incredible...

Hopefully thats the base wheel that all the different iterations (possibly) are based off of?

Roger???

+1 on th1000's looking awesome.

betcha $10 when I see the new wheels, I will still think the Alcoas are better looking.......

I'm thinkin' the same way.

Unless they come out with something *super* spectacular and totally original, the Alcoa's can't be beat.

I am not at all into 'fads' so I hope it's not some blacked-out multi-piece......wheel.

Only time will tell,

Phill

MEEEEEE TOOOO! <lol>

Phill

Don't ask, don't tell,.........JUST SHIP ME THE WHEELS!!!

Pete: Let Rodger get his own wheels!

Jeez, I'm begining to believe that Alcoa's are popular.

• 1 month later...

betcha $10 when I see the new wheels, I will still think the Alcoas are better looking.......

sometimes the road to a sales success isnt as hard as some make it out to be........... :sing_rain:

I agree!! Id buy a black set of the 20's Alcoa's right now if I could.

Seems to me another wheel manufacturer would love to team up with Shelby.

If Shelby wants to continue success they need to listen to the people that buy this stuff, and from reading this thread there is a huge demand still for the Alcoa's.

I simply do not understand why someone from Shelby hasn't chimed in here and given a reason why this line is not possible to continue with a different manufacturer.

I say product management is missing something!

Im tempted to buy the CS1 wheels but I truly prefer the SS wheels. I want the 20x11 for the rear!

Archived