TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006-2007 Shelby GT-H, What kind of memorabilia stuff do you have ?

gth0007

OK, now is your chance to show how good a "picker" you are. I'm asking everyone to share what 2006 or 2007 GT-H memorabilia you have found, including advertisement items, Hertz specific items, shirts, hats, flyers, die cast cars, printed material, magazine ads, road tests, etc. For example I finally got one of the metal Motorcraft oil signs that has an embossed picture of the 2006 GT-H with a reflection of the 1966 GT-350H. This item was a dealer only metal, roughly 24x36, sign that came out in 2006. Once we can get a list of all the stuff, I want to begin gathering pictures of all the items so we can memorialize this in the Team Shelby GT-H Registry. This will also be a good chance to discuss the originality of the items and where they came from. Should be fun and will add to the interest for all the owners I think. regards and good "picking" Larry, Team Shelby Registrar 2006-2007 Shelby GT-H.

Cool idea

I have the following:

Metal oil sign mentioned with the 1966 GT-350 below the 2006 GT-H

Metal 1:18 die cast 2007 & the 2006 GT-H signed by CS

GT-H Banner with both the 1966 and 2006 cars, framed and sent to foundation for CS signature

GT-H banner with 2006 GT-H

2006 GT-H ball cap given to exec & build team, was Acos Feher's ball cap

2006 GT-H lettermans jacket with GT-H &GT350H on the back and one sleeve 06 other sleeve 66. Was Acos Feher's jacket (production manager), arm signed by CS

Rent a Racer Hoody

1:64 die cast 2006 GT-H

one of the take off hoods signed by CS. # 120 of 300

Lots of rental info received from several folks that have rented my car to include the first renter with a departure of 6 miles.

Legend Returns book

Press flyer

All paper work from Hertz & SAI

May have some other items. I will check.

My GT-H addiction includes the following:

DIECAST CARS

1/64 2006 diecast car in blue packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car in blue packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car in red packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car with white tires and white interior in red packaging - 1 of 48 LE

1/64 2006 diecast car in black/gold packaging

1/64 2006 diecast car covered in dirt in black/gold packaging and labeled "after the race" - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2006 diecast car with white tires, gold rims and gold interior in black/gold packaging - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2007 diecast car in black/gold packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car covered in dirt in black/gold packaging and labeled "after the race" - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2007 diecast car with white tires, gold rims and gold interior in black/gold packaging - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2007 diecast car with dirty tires, gold rims and gold interior in black/gold packaging - 1 of 8 LE from Northwest Fest Main Event

1/18 2006 diecast car - 40th Anniversary Hertz Special Edition

1/18 2006 diecast car - Shelby Collectibles - bought from SA with CS genuine signature

1/18 2007 diecast car - Shelby Collectibles - bought from SA with CS genuine signature

1/15 2006 Eztec radio controlled car

1/25 2006 Revell Muscle model kit

CLOTHING

*Hoodie with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer on the front & "now thats what I call a rental car" on the back and CS signature bought at SA.

*Golf Shirt with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer over the heart and CS signature on the left arm and CS Shelby Automobiles on the right arm bought at SA.

*Polo shirt with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer over the heart and CS signature on the left arm and CS Shelby Automobiles on the right arm bought at SA.

*T-Shirt with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer on the front of the shirt bought at SA.

*2006 Staff Jacket - Letterman leather jacket given to the build team members of the 2006 GT-H with a patch of the 06 GT-H and the 66 GT350H on the back, a 06 patch on the left sleeve, a 66 patch on the right sleeve and Shelby Automobiles on the front over the heart. This particular jacket also has the name "Jesse", who was a member of the 2006 GT-H build team, stitched on the front.

*2007 GT-H patch given to build team members to commemorate the build of the 2007 GT-H and was intended to be sewn on the 2006 Staff Jacket.

*Shelby GT-H ball hat given to executives and build team members.

*GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer ball hat bought at SA.

SIGNS, BANNERS, POSTERS

*Motorcraft Full Synthetic Motor Oil for those who seek the very best - dealer only 23"x35" metal sign with the embossed picture of the 06 GT-H with a reflection of the 66 GT350H.

*Rent A Legend Hertz 24"x36" poster displayed at Hertz rental offices.

*Shelby GT-H 24"x48" banner with the 66 GT350H and the 06 GT-H cars.

MAGAZINES OR BOOK COVERS - all with the 06 GT-H on the cover

*Fall 2006 HertzWorld A publication for the employees and Licensees of Hertz Worldwide

*May 2006 MPH magazine

*July 2006 MuscleCar Enthusiast

*The Shelby American #75

*August 2006 Mustang Monthly

*September 2006 Motor Trend

*Shelby GT-H Return of a Legend.....

ADVERTISING

*2006 July Road & Track page #29 06 GT-H ad - Rent a legend.

*2006 July Car and Driver page #49 06 GT-H ad - Rent a legend.

*2006 September Car and Driver page #? 06 GT-H ad - Rent a legend.

*2006 ? Road $ Track page #? 06 GT-H ad - Kicks other rental's rear ends.

*2007 July Car and Driver page #21 07 GT-H ad - It not only blows the doors off, but the roof too.

*2007 ? Road & Track page #? 07 GT-H ad - The Legend goes topless.

*2007 September Car and Driver page #31 07 GT-H as - The legend goes topless.

*2007 September Road & Track page #9 07 GT-H ad - It not only blows the doors off, but the roof too.

*Hertz Rent a Legend. The Shelby GT-H Mustang Convertible. Only from Hertz - A 3 1/2" x 6 5/8" Hertz rental centre handout.

*CS Shelby Automobiles, Shelby Corner Cafe 4"x9" flyer with 06 and 07 GT-H on the front (along with 7 other SA cars).

*CS Team Shelby The Shelby Autos Club - A Team Shelby Complete Registration form, 8 1/2" x 11" with Carroll Shelby and a 06 GT-H on the front along with a 66 GT350H, 06 GT-H and Carroll Shelby on the back.

*media.ford.com, Ford CS Shelby Automobiles Inc., Hertz press flyer.

MORE STUFF

*Key chain - GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer

*Decal - GT-H

*Rental take-off-hood #116 of 300 with CS genuine signature

*Shelby Automobiles "Congratulates" Certificate for my 2007 GT-H

*Shelby American Inc. Vehicle Authenticity Certificate for my 2007 GT-H

*Shelby Performance Parts - GT-H Engine Caps

*Shelby Performance Parts- Shelby GT-H Windshield Banner

*Hertz Fun Collection rental contract (for a 07 GT-H I rented from the Flamingo, Las Vegas)

*3 page rental receipt (for a 07 GT-H I rented from the Flamingo, Las Vegas)

DOCUMENTATION

*Certificate of Origin For a Vehicle.

*Invoice from Ford to Santa Monica Ford/Herts Corper71I327 - outlines the sale of the car from Ford to Hertz and the shipping of the car to Shelby Automobiles Inc. in Las Vegas.

*2 Window stickers.

*Shelby Automobiles Inc. Invoice for all Hertz parts, material, paint, labor and overhead supplie by SAI during the build.

*Shelby Automobiles Inc Invoice, Manual Transmission Upgrade Invoice for 17 cars.

*Letter from Jack Eng (Manager of Fleet Department) outlining the breakdown of the total costs incurred for each of the Manual Transmission Shelby GT-H Convertibles.

*Certificate of Title from the State of New Jersey.

*Bill of sale from Hertz to the original owner who is/was a Hertz Executive at the time he purchase the car new.

*Bill of sale from Hertz Executive to me at the time I purchased the car.

*Odometer Disclosure Statement.

*Certificate of Title from the Sate of Oklahoma.

*Ford Motor Company Clearance Letter for importation into Canada.

*Canada Border Services Agency - Tax/GST form and receipt.

*Vehicle Importation From 1.

*Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Vehicle Inspection Form.

*Canadian Tire - Out of Country Inspection Form.

*Government of Alberta - Motor Vehicle (Out of Province) Record of Inspection.

*Government of Alberta - Out of Province Vehicle Inspection Certificate.

Obviously I was a little bored tonight but I will add to this when I find the rest of the stuff :hysterical:

QSS

Wow...and I thought I was the only one with a GT-H letterman's jacket! Mine has Steve on it....also one of the original builders of the GT-H.

I found mine on Craigslist....where did you guys get yours?

Also, it looks like we are all avid collectors of GT-H stuff, my list is ditto of H0050!

Found it on ebay. Nice jacket too, fortunately my builder never wore the jacket so it was in mint shape. He also included the build patches he received for building the 2007 GT-H (1 patch), the 2007 SGT (2 patches) and the 2008 SGT (2 patches).

QSS

My GT-H addiction includes the following:

DIECAST CARS

1/64 2006 diecast car in blue packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car in blue packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car in red packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car with white tires and white interior in red packaging - 1 of 48 LE

1/64 2006 diecast car in black/gold packaging

1/64 2006 diecast car covered in dirt in black/gold packaging and labeled "after the race" - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2006 diecast car with white tires, gold rims and gold interior in black/gold packaging - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2007 diecast car in black/gold packaging

1/64 2007 diecast car covered in dirt in black/gold packaging and labeled "after the race" - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2007 diecast car with white tires, gold rims and gold interior in black/gold packaging - 1 of 24 LE

1/64 2007 diecast car with dirty tires, gold rims and gold interior in black/gold packaging - 1 of 8 LE from Northwest Fest Main Event

1/18 2006 diecast car - 40th Anniversary Hertz Special Edition

1/18 2006 diecast car - Shelby Collectibles - bought from SA with CS genuine signature

1/18 2007 diecast car - Shelby Collectibles - bought from SA with CS genuine signature

1/15 2006 Eztec radio controlled car

1/25 2006 Revell Muscle model kit

CLOTHING

*Hoodie with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer on the front & "now thats what I call a rental car" on the back and CS signature bought at SA.

*Golf Shirt with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer over the heart and CS signature on the left arm and CS Shelby Automobiles on the right arm bought at SA.

*Polo shirt with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer over the heart and CS signature on the left arm and CS Shelby Automobiles on the right arm bought at SA.

*T-Shirt with GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer on the front of the shirt bought at SA.

*2006 Staff Jacket - Letterman leather jacket given to the build team members of the 2006 GT-H with a patch of the 06 GT-H and the 66 GT350H on the back, a 06 patch on the left sleeve, a 66 patch on the right sleeve and Shelby Automobiles on the front over the heart. This particular jacket also has the name "Jesse", who was a member of the 2006 GT-H build team, stitched on the front.

*2007 GT-H patch given to build team members to commemorate the build of the 2007 GT-H and was intended to be sewn on the 2006 Staff Jacket.

*Shelby GT-H ball hat given to executives and build team members.

*GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer ball hat bought at SA.

SIGNS, BANNERS, POSTERS

*Motorcraft Full Synthetic Motor Oil for those who seek the very best - dealer only 23"x35" metal sign with the embossed picture of the 06 GT-H with a reflection of the 66 GT350H.

*Rent A Legend Hertz 24"x36" poster displayed at Hertz rental offices.

*Shelby GT-H 24"x48" banner with the 66 GT350H and the 06 GT-H cars.

MAGAZINES OR BOOK COVERS - all with the 06 GT-H on the cover

*Fall 2006 HertzWorld A publication for the employees and Licensees of Hertz Worldwide

*May 2006 MPH magazine

*July 2006 MuscleCar Enthusiast

*The Shelby American #75

*August 2006 Mustang Monthly

*September 2006 Motor Trend

*Shelby GT-H Return of a Legend.....

ADVERTISING

*2006 July Road & Track page #29 06 GT-H ad - Rent a legend.

*2006 July Car and Driver page #49 06 GT-H ad - Rent a legend.

*2006 September Car and Driver page #? 06 GT-H ad - Rent a legend.

*2006 ? Road $ Track page #? 06 GT-H ad - Kicks other rental's rear ends.

*2007 July Car and Driver page #21 07 GT-H ad - It not only blows the doors off, but the roof too.

*2007 ? Road & Track page #? 07 GT-H ad - The Legend goes topless.

*2007 September Car and Driver page #31 07 GT-H as - The legend goes topless.

*2007 September Road & Track page #9 07 GT-H ad - It not only blows the doors off, but the roof too.

*Hertz Rent a Legend. The Shelby GT-H Mustang Convertible. Only from Hertz - A 3 1/2" x 6 5/8" Hertz rental centre handout.

*CS Shelby Automobiles, Shelby Corner Cafe 4"x9" flyer with 06 and 07 GT-H on the front (along with 7 other SA cars).

*CS Team Shelby The Shelby Autos Club - A Team Shelby Complete Registration form, 8 1/2" x 11" with Carroll Shelby and a 06 GT-H on the front along with a 66 GT350H, 06 GT-H and Carroll Shelby on the back.

*media.ford.com, Ford CS Shelby Automobiles Inc., Hertz press flyer.

MORE STUFF

*Key chain - GT-H Shelby Rent-A-Racer

*Decal - GT-H

*Rental take-off-hood #116 of 300 with CS genuine signature

*Shelby Automobiles "Congratulates" Certificate for my 2007 GT-H

*Shelby American Inc. Vehicle Authenticity Certificate for my 2007 GT-H

*Shelby Performance Parts - GT-H Engine Caps

*Shelby Performance Parts- Shelby GT-H Windshield Banner

*Hertz Fun Collection rental contract (for a 07 GT-H I rented from the Flamingo, Las Vegas)

*3 page rental receipt (for a 07 GT-H I rented from the Flamingo, Las Vegas)

DOCUMENTATION

*Certificate of Origin For a Vehicle.

*Invoice from Ford to Santa Monica Ford/Herts Corper71I327 - outlines the sale of the car from Ford to Hertz and the shipping of the car to Shelby Automobiles Inc. in Las Vegas.

*2 Window stickers.

*Shelby Automobiles Inc. Invoice for all Hertz parts, material, paint, labor and overhead supplie by SAI during the build.

*Shelby Automobiles Inc Invoice, Manual Transmission Upgrade Invoice for 17 cars.

*Letter from Jack Eng (Manager of Fleet Department) outlining the breakdown of the total costs incurred for each of the Manual Transmission Shelby GT-H Convertibles.

*Certificate of Title from the State of New Jersey.

*Bill of sale from Hertz to the original owner who is/was a Hertz Executive at the time he purchase the car new.

*Bill of sale from Hertz Executive to me at the time I purchased the car.

*Odometer Disclosure Statement.

*Certificate of Title from the Sate of Oklahoma.

*Ford Motor Company Clearance Letter for importation into Canada.

*Canada Border Services Agency - Tax/GST form and receipt.

*Vehicle Importation From 1.

*Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Vehicle Inspection Form.

*Canadian Tire - Out of Country Inspection Form.

*Government of Alberta - Motor Vehicle (Out of Province) Record of Inspection.

*Government of Alberta - Out of Province Vehicle Inspection Certificate.

Obviously I was a little bored tonight but I will add to this when I find the rest of the stuff :hysterical:

QSS

Awesome collection!!!!

Wow...and I thought I was the only one with a GT-H letterman's jacket! Mine has Steve on it....also one of the original builders of the GT-H.

Also, it looks like we are all avid collectors of GT-H stuff, my list is ditto of H0050!

Got mine from Acos directly before he placed it on EBay through TS

Found it on ebay. Nice jacket too, fortunately my builder never wore the jacket so it was in mint shape. He also included the build patches he received for building the 2007 GT-H (1 patch), the 2007 SGT (2 patches) and the 2008 SGT (2 patches).

QSS

So you were the one that had the ebay seller cancel bids and close the auction early. Several folks were wondering who it was ;)

If I "read between the lines" then it appears that the Manual Transmission cars in 2007 started out as Automatics from FORD?

Hmmmmmmmm???

So you were the one that had the ebay seller cancel bids and close the auction early. Several folks were wondering who it was ;)

Yup, that was me. I saw that the seller was from Vegas and I was heading there so we worked out a deal. I met him in the parking lot of Fry's and had an hour talk about his experiences at SA. That was a great hour spent. He was a MMA guy with some messed up ears but he sure had some great stories. You should hear the stuff he shared me regarding some of the GT-H supercharged cars and his "test drives" of supersnakes.

I laughed my ass off. Really good stuff I have to tell you.

QSS

If I "read between the lines" then it appears that the Manual Transmission cars in 2007 started out as Automatics from FORD?

Hmmmmmmmm???

No, they all started out as manuals, I think they just invoiced the manuals as a unique bunch because they all went to Hertz executives so they could bill each executive for their cars. As a result they wanted a breakdown on these 17 cars in order to keep them separate from the fleet cars.

And besides, the window sticker shows them as being a 5sp from the factory.

QSS

No, they all started out as manuals, I think they just invoiced the manuals as a unique bunch because they all went to Hertz executives so they could bill each executive for their cars. As a result they wanted a breakdown on these 17 cars in order to keep them separate from the fleet cars.

And besides, the window sticker shows them as being a 5sp from the factory.

QSS

As long as the Window Sticker shows the 5 spd... But if I remember correctly, wasn't the AUTO a $995 option???

Did these GT-H cars come with the Hurst Shifter or were they OEM??? Just curious :salute:

When I moved a few years ago I came face to face with how much "stuff" I and my family had accumulated. I no longer collect stuff. When I go somewhere i don't bring home a souvenir, I drop an old "collectible" off. Or at least I should - I sell them on EBay. Or I throw a little out every trash day. That I do. Look around you. What you cannot sell for a decent amount or has no sentimental value to you is JUNK. Throw it out!

When I moved a few years ago I came face to face with how much "stuff" I and my family had accumulated. I no longer collect stuff. When I go somewhere i don't bring home a souvenir, I drop an old "collectible" off. Or at least I should - I sell them on EBay. Or I throw a little out every trash day. That I do. Look around you. What you cannot sell for a decent amount or has no sentimental value to you is JUNK. Throw it out!

The GT-H has huge sentimental value to me and that's why I collect it. I'll probably die with my GT-H stuff then the kids or a museum can figure it out but it means allot to me for a couple of specific reasons.

I do agree that most other stuff is just junk so therefore I don't collect much else, just Shelby/GT-H stuff, and pinball machines....... and the odd car. That's about it.

QSS

Along with all the other stuff; posters, mags, book, various die cast and remote cars, hood etc, I have the prototype patch for the back of the GT H jackets from Amy. Its a 13 x 13 sticthed patch that they then used to create the other patches from.These are the patches that went on the back of the jacket. It was the approve to proceed patch.

I'd really rather have a jacket though.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow

I did not know how much stuff is out there....I believe the hard things to get will be the stuff that CS stop selling like the snake decals, the book....I try to buy one of each after learning they only make so many then stop... I got the snake 5" only to late for the book and 3" snake.... also trying to find out if we are the first Shelby mustang not to have a snake logo on it...if so our cars are even rarer

• 3 months later...

I like the idea

when we find something that is rare, maybe we could get copies made and share...I"m waiting for a GTH CD that Hertz use as a promo ..won it on EBay...if anyone wants and copy...let me know pay the shipping and cost of the cd and it is yours..

the Gold GT-H snake decial and book that Selby once offered is going to be the hardest to find and make copies :drool:

I like the idea

when we find something that is rare, maybe we could get copies made and share...I"m waiting for a GTH CD that Hertz use as a promo ..won it on EBay...if anyone wants and copy...let me know pay the shipping and cost of the cd and it is yours..

the Gold GT-H snake decial and book that Selby once offered is going to be the hardest to find and make copies :drool:

Hello, I would be very interested in a copy of the GTH CD if the offer still stands and thank you for the offer.

I like the idea

You send me a copy and I will send a GT-H decal (large). PM me if interested.

Archived