TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009KR value

BlackShelby

Was looking at a 2008 KR with 1300 miles on it. Silver/Blue stripes 40th edition. What is a reasonable price? It is at a dealer and I'd would be trading in my 2009.

I bet they will offer you super low on your car like 28K and ask 53 for the KR. It's sad....but that is how dealers are.

Grabber is most likely close. Personally, I would give 44k for the KR. You will know where you stand when they make an offer on your car. The number in the middle will be where the "magic" happens. Would you do the deal at 44k for the KR and 34k for yours? How about 52k for the KR and 41k for yours? I am just curious. Many people would say that a dealer would never give 41k for a used

GT500, but the reality is we don't know what they are in to that KR for.

I have bought and traded many cars in the past. Most recently, I bought a 2009 red KR. I threatened to walk out 3 times until I got what I thought was fair deal.

Good luck on your negotiations.

I'm like DVUPS1. When I found my '08 red KR the dealer had had it for three years. I found out through a TS member that this dealer had purchased the car from another dealership and probably had over msrp in it. I contacted the dealership several times over a four month period about purchasing their three old new car. I decided to give it one more shot on Saturday Easter weekend. It was raining like hell and I was their only customer in the showroom. I reminded them that I had been trying to purchase this car and that if I couldn't make the deal then and there I was moving on. This car was definitely a want and not a need. In less than fifteen minutesand after the sales manager called the dealership's owner, I bought the car. I think right now is a great time to shop for a "toy" like this right now due to the holiday season and the economy in general. The ball is really in your court. :victory:

Much like everybody said, the buyer has the advantage, but most sellers (Dealers) are not totally oblivious to the KR's true value, but understand the general GT500's value as used car's. So if they understand a "used" GT500 can bring $37K to $42K, then "KR's" should be plus $5K to $7K more. That brings the KR's to $46K to $52K range.

If I can find KR's with factory warranty under $45K, then I would buy.

I bet they will offer you super low on your car like 28K and ask 53 for the KR. It's sad....but that is how dealers are.

If they make me this offer I'm walking away. I'd be willing to do a 14k spread. 48k for KR and 34k for mine. But I'm not really motivated to sell. I'm happy with mine.

Thanks everyone for the input.

:salute:

I'd be willing to do a 14k spread. 48k for KR and 34k for mine. But I'm not really motivated to sell. I'm happy with mine.

Well, you are in the ballpark in my book. I was in the same spot you are in only I bought a 2009. Good luck. If they are open to negotiations then you have a good chance of getting this car. Don't forget to use all your leverage. There are a lot of things that are up for grabs (oil changes, replacing missing items...ie...brake cooling kit..car cover...., extra floor mats....signed airbag cover). Who knows what they are willing to do. Ask for the world and then start to pair it down. Heck, if you are going to finance it, give them a shot at getting you 2%.

I hope you get it. I love mine. My 2009 GT500 is a distant memory now.

The reason I would sell the KR is for a 13.

I own a couple gt500's but if I was going to buy a 13 I would want to sell one.(most likely the KR, why because I really don't drive it)

That being said I do feel the KR is a very unquie car and will always hold is value better then any other gt500.(it will be a car people will always want) Even the little I have driven it, no matter when I take it out there is always someone who comes over to talk about it, dumbs up, horn blown etc. (I do get reactions from people with my other cars too,Gt500 etc but none like with the KR, its amazing)

Limited production, most likely the last car every built by ford and shelby(from the factory).

I am actually pretty suprised how much they have held up being a pretty new car(the first couple of years is usually where they do take the biggest hit before leveling off)

Collecting a few older muscle cars of the years, what I do see happening with the KR (use a gnx as an example) is going back up in value maybe not this year or next year or maybe not even in the next few years but 5-10 years yes.

If I did go with a 13 (yes I do like what it has to offer) one reason, but the main reason I would buy one (sell the KR) is because I would drive it.(fun factor)

I am just to nervous all the time to drive the KR(me being so anal) I cant get myself to get a mark on it...LOL thats just me

If it was about what car would be worth more in the next 5 years, I would have to say 5 years from now the KR will be worth more then a 13

Great post. :beerchug:

I agree with you that the KR will always hold it's value better than a GT500. When I was looking for one in early 2010, I had a choice between a new fully loaded 2010 GT500 at my local dealer and my current KR which was out of state for the same price. It was a no brainer for me. I flew to Arizona and drove the KR back to Texas. The KR's current value is certainly worth more than a used 2010-2011 GT500 today. :shades:

Well, you are in the ballpark in my book. I was in the same spot you are in only I bought a 2009. Good luck. If they are open to negotiations then you have a good chance of getting this car. Don't forget to use all your leverage. There are a lot of things that are up for grabs (oil changes, replacing missing items...ie...brake cooling kit..car cover...., extra floor mats....signed airbag cover). Who knows what they are willing to do. Ask for the world and then start to pair it down. Heck, if you are going to finance it, give them a shot at getting you 2%.

I hope you get it. I love mine. My 2009 GT500 is a distant memory now.

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but it is On Topic.

Well, the dealer got back to me via email. They want $58K for it! :drop: Not sure I can make them see my terms. They acted like it was gold and I was a gold miner. We'll see.

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but it is On Topic.

Well, the dealer got back to me via email. They want $58K for it! :drop: Not sure I can make them see my terms. They acted like it was gold and I was a gold miner. We'll see.

Gator,

They'll move from that number. They probably only have 46-48 in the KR. Talk to them about the 14K spread and be firm. They will sell you the car or they will have it for a looonnngg time! Good Luck! Also, if they agree make SURE they have all the KR specific items and paperwork with it.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think an 08KR with about 3,000 miles is worth? Vista Blue with Silver Stripes. No blower upgrade....with Nav.

Minus 1/2 a point for being an '08 (clutch/flywheel stuff), but plus two points for Vista Blue, the least common color. Wild guess; $48-$52K.

Wish I could say higher, but I think higher price KRs aren't moving. Many people are now waiting for the 2013 models, which offer greater performance plus the new warranty, for similar pricing.

I think that in the long run some will still prefer the KR, so prices continue to hold up OK on them. I'm certainly not dumping mine, in lust for the newest or future models. If I "need" one, I can always find a used 2013 down the road. A clean KR will not not be as easy to find.

jerseygator,

When a trade in vehicle is involved, don't talk about what one car is worth, and what the asking price is for the car they are selling. Who cares. The most important thing is the spread between both cars. If you have $14k as your max, then stick to it.

I negotiated my way into a new '09KR that way while trading an '08GT500. I told the sales manager it didn't matter what I "thought" my car was worth, or how much he was asking for the KR. I told him we had to find a number between both cars that we could agree on and we went from there.

Good luck.

Archived