TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009KR value

BlackShelby

On the fence about selling or trading my 2009 KR in.

Wondering what most feel is a fair value for the car as a trade in and or selling it outright?

I have my own thoughts ,but really want to see if I am inline with most think.

2009KR silver blue

300 miles (has kr sills, csm car cover, kr console lid, KR master and fuse box cover/cap, trunk lid liner, trunk mat and floor mats to match head rest, sequential tail lights)

thanks in advance

Wondering what most feel is a fair value for the car as a trade in and or selling it outright?

2009KR silver blue

300 miles (has kr sills, csm car cover, kr console lid, KR master and fuse box cover/cap, trunk lid liner, trunk mat and floor mats to match head rest, sequential tail lights)

thanks in advance

I think to someone looking for a silver '09, it's probably worth a little more. I'd say more like $53k, to the right buyer. I'd hate to see a 300 mile '09 with those extras, go for under $50k...

I agree with Old Nuts (er Lugs..lol)

That low of mileage, with a few tasteful mods...if you have time on your hands, (and based on the tone of your post, you do) I'd say low mid 50's is reasonable.

I think to someone looking for a silver '09, it's probably worth a little more. I'd say more like $53k, to the right buyer. I'd hate to see a 300 mile '09 with those extras, go for under $50k...

With the way the economy is I would say $49 is big money for that car.

2009KR silver blue

thanks in advance

If you decide to sell outright could you possibly post it up here or send me a PM ?? I might be interested depending on your location and price.

Thanks, Scott

Since I bought "roughly" that KR ('08 model) a week ago (with 500 miles), it would be TOUGH to sell if priced over $52K. The one's on fleabay stop getting bid when they reach $42 to $48K. Mainly, I think cause $50K will buy ALOT of vehicles that don't have to be "toys". I was not going to "buy" if I couldn't get one for under $50K, I would have held off or moved on to something different.

Remember it's a hobby and we need to keep the passion live and exciting about these KR's to keep the interest in them. If the flame is blown out or the snobiness rears it's ugly head, these toys will fall to the wayside.

My previous post is from my personal experience buying a used KR from a dealer. I had a rookie salesman that left his office with me in the room with "dealer's eyes only" documents for me to review.

While I agree with others on hoping it does not sell for less than 50k, unless you are willing to wait for that one special buyer, less than 50K is what I believe you will get. Over 50k if you are willing to gamble and wait. I am uncertain what the 2013 will do to price of our KRs.

ARE THE 08 KR'S WORTH MORE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY MODEL?

I would not think so, since there where less of them made for 2009. Both cars being essentially similar, I you would assume that the most recent model year cars would bring a bit more money. Having said that, in the long run, a very low production number 2008 may become more valuable as a collector item.

As far as the initial question goes, I believe that a price in the low 50s would be realistic with some patience. However, if I was willing to sell a KR, I would try to do it before the 2013 GT500 becomes available. It is not a sure thing that the 2013 will have a negative impact on the KRs value, but if it has indeed an impact, it can only be negative.

I would not think so, since there where less of them made for 2009. Both cars being essentially similar, I you would assume that the most recent model year cars would bring a bit more money. Having said that, in the long run, a very low production number 2008 may become more valuable as a collector item.

As far as the initial question goes, I believe that a price in the low 50s would be realistic with some patience. However, if I was willing to sell a KR, I would try to do it before the 2013 GT500 becomes available. It is not a sure thing that the 2013 will have a negative impact on the KRs value, but if it has indeed an impact, it can only be negative.

It is not a sure thing that the 2013 will have a negative impact on the KRs value, but if it has indeed an impact, it can only be negative.

Some people are selling there KR's so they can get a 2013 (like the poster). Lets face it....most people can not afford to have a KR and a 2013 or justify it. My bet is that the 2013 will have a impact on the KR's value. In fact every year....the KR will go down in value. That's what cars do.....go down in value every year !

I agree with Rob that all cars depreciate, but all in all the KRs are holding up pretty well I think because of their low production. As far as the 2013s, I think I'll stick with the KR. I don't want the payment!

Some people are selling there KR's so they can get a 2013 (like the poster). Lets face it....most people can not afford to have a KR and a 2013 or justify it. My bet is that the 2013 will have a impact on the KR's value. In fact every year....the KR will go down in value. That's what cars do.....go down in value every year !

Cars do indeed go down in value every year; can't disagree with that. To me however, when discussing the issue of whether or not the 2013 would have an impact on the KR value, I was thinking more along the lines of whether the KR would take a bigger hit than nomal i.e. lose more value compared to a situation where the 2013 would essentially be a carry-over of the 2012 instead of a substantial upgrade. Cars generally tend to lose more value in years when major changes are made to a model, because substantial improvements generally make the previous gen cars less desirable. However, I'm not totally sure that many potential owners will cross-shop a 3-4 year old low milage KR for a 2013 GT500, hence my comment on the potential impact, or lack thereof, of the 2013 GT500 on the KR's value.

Cars do indeed go down in value every year; can't disagree with that. To me however, when discussing the issue of whether or not the 2013 would have an impact on the KR value, I was thinking more along the lines of whether the KR would take a bigger hit than nomal i.e. lose more value compared to a situation where the 2013 would essentially be a carry-over of the 2012 instead of a substantial upgrade. Cars generally tend to lose more value in years when major changes are made to a model, because substantial improvements generally make the previous gen cars less desirable. However, I'm not totally sure that many potential owners will cross-shop a 3-4 year old low milage KR for a 2013 GT500, hence my comment on the potential impact, or lack thereof, of the 2013 GT500 on the KR's value.

The reason I would sell the KR is for a 13.

I own a couple gt500's but if I was going to buy a 13 I would want to sell one.(most likely the KR, why because I really don't drive it)

That being said I do feel the KR is a very unquie car and will always hold is value better then any other gt500.(it will be a car people will always want) Even the little I have driven it, no matter when I take it out there is always someone who comes over to talk about it, dumbs up, horn blown etc. (I do get reactions from people with my other cars too,Gt500 etc but none like with the KR, its amazing)

Limited production, most likely the last car every built by ford and shelby(from the factory).

I am actually pretty suprised how much they have held up being a pretty new car(the first couple of years is usually where they do take the biggest hit before leveling off)

Collecting a few older muscle cars of the years, what I do see happening with the KR (use a gnx as an example) is going back up in value maybe not this year or next year or maybe not even in the next few years but 5-10 years yes.

If I did go with a 13 (yes I do like what it has to offer) one reason, but the main reason I would buy one (sell the KR) is because I would drive it.(fun factor)

I am just to nervous all the time to drive the KR(me being so anal) I cant get myself to get a mark on it...LOL thats just me

If it was about what car would be worth more in the next 5 years, I would have to say 5 years from now the KR will be worth more then a 13

...I am just to nervous all the time to drive the KR(me being so anal) I cant get myself to get a mark on it...LOL thats just me..

It's the black cars that show every spec and swirl mark... Drives me nuts. I would think that silver would be the most forgiving, with being dirty or slightly scratched. I say, drive it, and upgrade as needed. So long as you don't make any irreversible modifications or wreck the thing, it'll still hold higher value than other GT500s of the same year.

I've no doubt that the 2013 will be an absolute beast, with many improvements over the KR.

One thing it'll never be though, is a KR.

Listen, all cars do not depreciate every year. That is crazy!!! A car with the potential to gain value will begin it's appreciation in about 7 years. Out of all the late model Shelby's, that is the KR! Also, if you have to sell a car and you take a low price becasue you have too, that can impact future sales. However, if you hold firm on the price you want and we don't give in to these low ball offers, KR owners can assist in keeping the value higher.

I'm fairly certain that Grabber was implying the 7-10 year drop in price. I forsee KRs hitting low 40s at some point before rebounding. Even the GT500 will start to go up eventually. Heck, in 25 years the 2007 GT 500 could very well be in the 80s to 90s... Who knows?

That said I would love to add a 13 Supersnake to the stable (in addition to the King of course LOL)

Very few cars do not depreciate significantly in the first 7-10 years, even a little longer. It took a long time before the muscle cars of the '60s started to go up in value. The only recent exception that I can think of is the Ford GT, which seems to hold its value quite well. In my opinion, anyone who buys a KR now hoping to make a profit in the short term will be disapointed. The idea is to enjoy the car and try not worry to much about future value.

Since I bought "roughly" that KR ('08 model) a week ago (with 500 miles), it would be TOUGH to sell if priced over $52K. The one's on fleabay stop getting bid when they reach $42 to $48K. Mainly, I think cause $50K will buy ALOT of vehicles that don't have to be "toys". I was not going to "buy" if I couldn't get one for under $50K, I would have held off or moved on to something different.

Remember it's a hobby and we need to keep the passion live and exciting about these KR's to keep the interest in them. If the flame is blown out or the snobiness rears it's ugly head, these toys will fall to the wayside.

sound's like you bought Robert's

Archived