TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Hood

rjm-1

Can anybody look at the attached pictures and tell me if this is an actual SS hood? And is it a 2005-2209 hood or 2010 and up hood. Gentleman has this hood for sale in my area but not sure of hood manufacturer or year. He says guy owed him money and he took it in trade.

SS Hood.doc

Yeah that's what I thought too. Do the three holes on the underside of the hood look correct? And is the 07-09 hood ram air functional? He's asking $500. I would think that if it's been previously fitted and painted should make the prep and re-paint less expensive. I would be changing the color to Vapor Silver.

Can anybody look at the attached pictures and tell me if this is an actual SS hood? And is it a 2005-2209 hood or 2010 and up hood. Gentleman has this hood for sale in my area but not sure of hood manufacturer or year. He says guy owed him money and he took it in trade.

Some differences that I see is the area to the right and left of the hood latch hole (the raised area), also the area where the CAI plenum holes are, both of these areas are shaped different. It "may" be because the hood you are looking at is a later version/release? Compare mine and the white hood in side-by-side pictures, you will see the differences.

Here is what mine looks like......................

0013.jpg

It appears the the hood has never had the hood latch bar attached? I do not see the two holes that would be used to mount it? Maybe they are there and not visible in the picture. I wouldn't think that someone would use the hood pins only to secure one of these hoods?

R

Have y

Yeah the hood was prepped and painted but never installed. The holes on your hood are much bigger on yours and there are four vs three. Seems like a pretty good deal.

image003.pngimage002.jpg

Have you had any issues with air flow. I have read on this forum about stalling problems and Shelby adding a restricter plate to resolve the problem.

Yes, my hood and the 1 you posted is a later version/release that was done to address the stalling problem. I have never had an issue with stalling. My buld was held up while they waited for this newer generation hood. It is functional ! Great Deal !

Have y

Have you had any issues with air flow. I have read on this forum about stalling problems and Shelby adding a restricter plate to resolve the problem.

If you are asking me, no, I have had no issues at all. My hood is a revision or two past the original. If I remember correctly the CAI in this area was not drilled holes but instead a large opening over the air filter, then there was a "fix" that attached over the large opening, then maybe one other revision (or maybe not), and then my hood. The restrictor was added over the large opening on the first design hoods. The individual holes came later.

I have never compared the hood openings above the 605 and 725 CAI's, they may also be different since the air filter configuration is slightly different? the 605 being more of a straight cone, and the 725 being a larger oval type cone.

R

Well I picked the hood up this weekend for $300. The hood was definitely previously installed on a car as you can see faint marking from rubber hood bumpers, and marks where front latch and hinges were installed. The hood vents have been removed but epoxy is still there. Hood pins have also been removed, but holes look undamaged and clean. There is a very small scuff on the underside of the hood where it appears the supercharger pulley rubbed. There are also very small paint chips (1/8" or less) on each end of the hood near the windshield area probably from handling. All in all, hood is in "super" shape and should be an easy prep for the new paint. I have no idea why someone would remove this hood, but it looks like it's my gain!

IMG_2095.jpgIMG_2096.jpgIMG_2098.jpg

Archived