TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Ford Mustang California Special GT/CS Introduced

robertlane

How do you rate the 2007 Ford Mustang California Special GT/CS?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the 2007 Ford Mustang California Special GT/CS?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

Not sure what the point of this special edition is. The press release reads like 10 pounds of cow dung. The only thing going for this model is the 1.5 inch lowered ride height.

I just hope Ford doesn't dump the other special editions after this one ends up being a big flop.

I suppose it matters how much they price it at. This "feature Mustang" seems to follow the 1968 version in that is was cosmetic as well. I still believe that a Mach and Bullitt will follow in the next year or two.

Robert. It must be a numbers thing. People like myself would MUCH rather have a BOSS car. I would never buy a CS. They must feel they can move more of these faster, with a quicker development/get-to-market time. Seems pointless.

I suspect that it will be more attractive to women than men. Unless it has some VIN identifier the aftermarket will probably mass produce the replica stick on parts.

Shatter, if I read the article correctly, only the front fascia was lowered not the overall ride height.

Not sure what the point of this special edition is. The press release reads like 10 pounds of cow dung. The only thing going for this model is the 1.5 inch lowered ride height.

It's only the front air dam that's 1.5" lower. The ride height of the car is unchanged.

I suspect that it will be more attractive to women than men. Unless it has some VIN identifier the aftermarket will probably mass produce the replica stick on parts.

Keep in mind, 00Vert54X, that you and I both bought this type of car in the past (our 54X '00 Mustang GT's). All cosmetics and no performance enhancements. The vast majority of 2000 54X's that we sold went to men. In fact, I can only think of one (of 13 that we sold) that went to a women (Vicky who got a triple black convertible 54X).

Archived