TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cover car for winter or not??

Was going to buy a car cover to keep the car clean and protected in my garage. My brother said do not cover it due to possibility of moisture under the cover. Don't really see that being an issue if its in the garage. Thoughts?

BTW, got my car yesterday. Kona Blue coupe 525 supercharged. Beautiful car. Too bad the weather here is not cooperating.

Was going to buy a car cover to keep the car clean and protected in my garage. My brother said do not cover it due to possibility of moisture under the cover. Don't really see that being an issue if its in the garage. Thoughts?

BTW, got my car yesterday. Kona Blue coupe 525 supercharged. Beautiful car. Too bad the weather here is not cooperating.

California car covers make 2 excellent indoor cover and there is no moisture problems. Check it out.

http://calcarcover.com/cover_find2.aspx

I say Not, but not because of moisture, because being dark all the time inside attracts rodents.

Agreed. We used to cover ours. Not anymore. Darn mice chewed up the cover and made a nest in the exhaust pipe a few years ago. Lesson learned.

I basically use my cover to keep the dust & dirt off in the winter months. I'm not too concrned as my car is stored in a heated well sealed building. If you're concerned about rodents put a ring of moth balls around the car, they don't like the smell. I've also heard that fabric softener sheets work well in the car. Others have put steel wool pads in the exhaust tips to keep them out of there.

I've had many car covers thru the years and currenty have the Shelby car cover for my SGT - which came with my car. My favorite indoor car cover is two, king-sized cotton sheets thrown over the car. They go on in seconds, come off in seconds and can be washed. Try them. You'll never go back to the other car covers.

Archived