TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear end

mudduc

Hello!

I just picked up a 2011 GT500 and i LOVE IT!! It is by far the coolest and fastest car i have ever owned!

Got a question.

When i turn at low speed, like in a parking lot or my drive way, the rear end makes a moaning sound. Is this coming from the diff or the tires? Is it normal or is there something wrong?

post-35171-0-27282800-1322710322_thumb.jpg

post-35171-0-27282800-1322710322_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new wheels! Nice-looking color. Looks like it has a Super Snake stripe kit on it.

My 2012 also has the moaning sound coming from the rear. I've read on other threads that this is common, and can be addressed by adding about 2 oz of friction modifier to your differential fluid. I plan on having the dealer handle this when I take mine in for it's first oil change.

Good luck with your new car - she's a beaut!

Sween

Congrats on the new car! I posted this in another thread. Just did this almost a month ago and made all the difference.

I replaced the stock rear diff oil with AMSOIL 75W-140 Gear Oil and added the 4 oz bottle of friction modifier just to be sure. After a few minutes on the road taking a few turns, no more noise out of the rear end.

Archived