TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT 350 Cold - Air Intake

I pulled the trigger on a JLT Big Air intake for my S/C 350 today. Will be installed and tuned in time for Mini Nats 28.

I will post up the new dyno results when available.

tough to tell what HP bump came from the headers

to answer the second question: LOUD or better yet, LOUDER, that normal GT350

sometimes sets off car alarms on the street when you go by

tough to tell what HP bump came from the headers

to answer the second question: LOUD or better yet, LOUDER, that normal GT350

sometimes sets off car alarms on the street when you go by

Is your car supercharged? What rear wheel horsepower numbers did you end up with?

MIKE-

yes, it's an R tune

when it left the Speed Shop the 2 Dyno runs showed 565 RWHP and then 563 RWHP

Pat

Pat

Very nice!

I am get mine tuned for the JLT August 2nd at AED in Cameron Park CA. Shaun (AED) cleaned up my 624 tune last year and it made 552 at the wheels.

I will share the results

Michael

Pat

Very nice!

I am get mine tuned for the JLT August 2nd at AED in Cameron Park CA. Shaun (AED) cleaned up my 624 tune last year and it made 552 at the wheels.

I will share the results

Michael

You'll need every bit you can get for Saturday :hysterical2:

• 3 weeks later...

The results are in....604.8(HP) @ 6900 RPM, 528.6(ft-lbs) @ 4125 RPM

Shaun Perry @ AED is the man! Besides the CAI, Shaun added the updated Ford supercharger files for variable cam timing. 2011 FRPP Supercharger kits defeated VVCT, Ford subsequently added variable cam timing to the kits some time in 2012.

While impressive, the end result is not about the dyno numbers, it is about how much the overall drivability of the car is improved. This power is now much linear and is put to the ground way smoother.

If you are interested, get a hold of Shaun - you won't regret it!

http://www.advancede...evelopment.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything new on these? Thought they would be available by now. Should we look elsewhere? Did they die on the vine? Anyone? :shrug:

No, yes, who knows?

John, go JLT plastic (carbon fiber does not flow as well) and take a ride up north to see Shaun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shelby is an automobile manufacturer and held to higher EPA standards than an aftermarket equipment supplier.

Shelby cannot sell, install or offer a CAI unless they have an CARB/EPA EOD #.

Given the volume of the available market for Shelby CAIs, I imagine the cost of certification offers zero ROI for this product.

My understanding is that it has been submitted to CARB and that they are just waiting on the approval. And of course we know how that can go...at least those of us with the first round of GT350's anyway! :banghead:

PS...Hi, Michael.

Shelby is an automobile manufacturer and held to higher EPA standards than an aftermarket equipment supplier.

Shelby cannot sell, install or offer a CAI unless they have an CARB/EPA EOD #.

Given the volume of the available market for Shelby CAIs, I imagine the cost of certification offers zero ROI for this product.

Yes Mike that sounds about right...

• 3 weeks later...

That will be interesting if they actually get it approved.

It's my understanding that any intake that replaces the filter box on a recent Mustang with an open air filter element will not pass CARB certification because it eliminates a carbon trap, no matter how clean the car runs on a smog dyno. That's why you don't see any CARB approved CAIs with open filters for the Coyote 5.0.

• 2 years later...

Archived