TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT 350 Cold - Air Intake

Not at this time Frank. We are in the final stage of production on the CAI unit itself. Packaging with a tune is in progress. We hope it will not be too long before it is available. Watch for the announcement here on the SPP thread or in the GT350 section.

Roger

The 5.0L version for the naturally aspirated has been tested and approved for production. At this point, the molds were send to the manufacturer and we are waiting for the first article sample. After we check out the dimensions, etc., we'll have them manufactured and they will get into the catalog.

The 5.0L S/C version has also tested out, but we want to make sure the manufacturing process is 100% on the N/A version before we forge ahead with the 5.0L S/C one and others.

We've tested out every cold air kit out there and couldn't find one that we liked 100%, so we decided to make our own with proven attributes and benefits over others that we will share. You're not just going to get a tube with a Shelby logo on it, rather a complete system that works.

The 5.0L version for the naturally aspirated has been tested and approved for production. At this point, the molds were send to the manufacturer and we are waiting for the first article sample. After we check out the dimensions, etc., we'll have them manufactured and they will get into the catalog.

The 5.0L S/C version has also tested out, but we want to make sure the manufacturing process is 100% on the N/A version before we forge ahead with the 5.0L S/C one and others.

We've tested out every cold air kit out there and couldn't find one that we liked 100%, so we decided to make our own with proven attributes and benefits over others that we will share. You're not just going to get a tube with a Shelby logo on it, rather a complete system that works.

Outstanding!happy%20feet.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Robert,

Since I happen to have a N/A version, and live in a year round driving environment, and not too far from the mother ship, I would be happy to test one as soon as they are ready. Yes, it would be a great sacrifice, but I would do it for the Team! :shades:

John

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are waiting for the custom made/fit air filters to arrive and then we'll be ready to ship these.

Shelby's cold air kit for the 5.0L will have some design features advantages, which we will explain when the product becomes available.

Note that they will include a Shelby GT350 custom tune. Like the cold air kit, this tune was developed in house 100% by Shelby.

We are waiting for the custom made/fit air filters to arrive and then we'll be ready to ship these.

Shelby's cold air kit for the 5.0L will have some design features advantages, which we will explain when the product becomes available.

Note that they will include a Shelby GT350 custom tune. Like the cold air kit, this tune was developed in house 100% by Shelby.

Robert,

Are you taking orders yet?

We are not until the air filters arrive here. Everything else for the complete kit is here.

I would hate to sell these and than have a delay in the air filters arriving -

Will there be a HP increase? Also, can you give us a ballpark price?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Robert,

You know we sell you these intakes and now you have "your own" that you designed 100% "in house" ??? But it look exactly like a JLT with the MAF block rotated to the driver side.

Do you really think that's good business, not to mention we have been supporting TS since the begining?

I would love to see these "differences" and know the MAF ID in mm.

Lets put them side by side.

306583_10151003695032155_1822835537_n.jpg392786_10150339760792155_1049489373_n.jpg

You even use the same filer size don't you? 5X9 from S&B?

Why do you have the dip in the tube right in front of the throttle body? If you designed it for the GT350 you wouldn't need that.

WE put that in there to clear the strut bar on a GT500, which is was designed for over a year ago.

Heat shield shape? Nearly the same, but looks like you don't use the fresh air inlet from the grille. (ps you should)

Silicone coupler at the throttle body? same - 5X2"

It used to be an honor that Shelby used JLT parts on the SS and GT350, but now it's upsetting. What about the JLT Oil Separators you use on the 1000 and SS, do you have a "Shelby" Oil Separator coming soon as well.

Very disapointed in Shelby!

Thanks, Tucker, I guess I should have been clearer in my question. I was referring to the SAI units for the N/A GT350's.

If a re-tune is involved I think I'd rather have SAI/Ford backing it. Don't get me wrong, I like JLT products a lot, but since this goes beyond a simple bolt on, I would just feel more comfortable with the SAI package.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived