TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hilal

I got my 07 shelby few months back it always was the dream of my life and finaly it comes true ...well when someone ask me now when i m going to get marry i answer i just did ..yah the shelby is the one i dont need anything else at less for the time been .well guys what do you think i need to take off a ZO6 bad i made my first step exhaust,intake SCT with tune is coming as well as the pully .. do you think it will take the ZO6 ? if still not what if load it with KB supercharge ? and what is the real setup for the KB supercharge i heard its not just order and install there is things need to be done to the engine is it right ? at the end please except me to be a part of this team as its make me proud to be a part of shelby team .

post-34995-0-24262900-1322675846_thumb.jpg

post-34995-0-24262900-1322675846_thumb.jpg

Welcome hilal. I'm guessing your car is pretty special and unique in your part of the world! Great to see the Shelby brand all over. Are you talking about in a straight line against a Z06, or also around corners? I think that you should be already able to win in a straight line depending on traction of course. May need some stickier tires.

My wife calls my Shelby my mistress, so yes, many of us are married to our cars! Take care and welcome again!

hilal,

Welcome to the world of Shelby and to Team Shelby! No matter what mod's you do, lack of traction will be your worst enemy. So look at suspension and tires to get the best out of your engine mod's. Any of the TS vendors that advertize here can get you set up with what you need, so give one of them a call and tell them what you end goals are and they will take care of you. Enjoy your GT500! BTW where are you located?

Mike

hilal,

Oman very cool (well maybe not in the summertime). I see Grabber helped you with the tune problem you had. You may want to think about a dual fan heat exchanger. It will help fight the heat soak that you will encounter during during your summers in Oman. Keep us informed on your progress. Enjoy your GT500!

Mike

Mike

You are right sir the heat in Oman in summer is too much, I already started my first step i also ordered and already installed (Moroso aluminum intercooler reservior coolant tank) replacing the stock supercharge coolant tank black one as you all know when the supercharge get heat its not giving a good performance ..well this tank may not make a huge different but its help as u start with each parts in your car to improveit performance ..and that get me to tell you about the problem i faced when i first bought the car ,the car was geting weaker when i drive it for few hours i mean when the car is cool at the first few mint its very powerful after an hour or tow you will notes a huge different its loss alot of power ..anyway i toke it to service andchanged fuel filter , plugs and engine oil and filter and i tested it was the same ,after some checking we got that the coolant pump for supercharge was not working i replace it and it was run so well .

We have in my country about 6 or 7 shelbys but alot of Mustang GTs ..

Hilal

I got my 07 shelby few months back it always was the dream of my life and finaly it comes true ...well when someone ask me now when i m going to get marry i answer i just did ..yah the shelby is the one i dont need anything else at less for the time been .well guys what do you think i need to take off a ZO6 bad i made my first step exhaust,intake SCT with tune is coming as well as the pully .. do you think it will take the ZO6 ? if still not what if load it with KB supercharge ? and what is the real setup for the KB supercharge i heard its not just order and install there is things need to be done to the engine is it right ? at the end please except me to be a part of this team as its make me proud to be a part of shelby team .

Good morning Hilal,

It's good to see you here and have you as part of the Team. You should feel at home here. I'm glad to see you ordered the pulley when you decided to get the Tune from VMP. The pulley will give you extra boost and it makes the factory super charger whine louder. That whine sound and the extra boost will give you more grin factor when you are behind the wheel. :)

I'm getting ready to put that same tune and pulley on my wifes GT500. You mentioned marriage and that is the problem when you find a good wife because they too will want a GT500. :doh:

Instead of getting a KB later on down the road I suggest you get the TVS from VMP. That way you will have the tech support that you will need during installation and if you have any questions they will get addressed quickly as you have seen how VMP is supporting your needs right now. I know that must mean alot to you since you are so far away in another country.

Here is the link to the VMP TVS set up that is very nice. Some day it will be on my car too. But right now I have to take care of my wifeys needs. ;)

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=415&parent=0

Have a great week end !

Shelby001

Thank you for the suggest .you right i also need that plus suspensions i do need time to install all this staff as the shipping is cost me alot but its realy good to hear from people who have expiriance like you guys,,what kind of tires you think is best for shelby as road and race? .

Grabber

thank you for the advices.. I really like to tell you that we know alot about VMP befor my posting here VMP and justin are a name adding alot to shelbys .. my friend has black 08 shelby and its fully louded and all the staff from VMP ..my self went to evoperformence cuz of some parts that is avilabel there and i needed it ..about the TVS from vmp i already saw a video justing testing it on hight RPM and i was really amazed so yes TVS is also one of the options ..

Work keep me busy this days so i m trying to get more free time for the shelby as much as i can and in 20th of this month am planing to go to Poland for fun as i visit it befor and i really like it i hope i can get all the job done befor so i can go .

Hilal

Archived