TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Arizona Shelby GT500 owner

AzSideWinder

Took me 3 days fighting with the dealership to get the price and payment I wanted, I walked 4 times over 3 days and finally got them to make a deal. It would have been easier to pull my teeth with pliers!

They treat these Shelby's like its the last car they'll ever own. Car had 21 miles when I drove it home. It was absolutely filthy and still is. Peoria Ford is doing construction and this car is full of over spray.

I felt it before I bought it but didnt require them to clean it since most dealerships cant detail a car. I got most of the dirt off in all sorts of weird places and still need to clay bar the car, Ive found some pretty good scratches

I didn't really notice in the light I was looking at the car, it seemed the car always ended up on the driver side away from the sun. You can see someone tried cleaning the car or California dusting it with dirt on the vehicle. Leaving some swirly scratches in the clear coat.

I'm pretty stoked. The problem for me now is the Mustang chase is over, this will be my last one for awhile. At least for 5 years! I'm going to pay this one off before I do anything else.

Every Mustang enthusiast should have the chance to own one of these, the power is amazing, and I'm really digging the Grabber Blue. Big change from my last 3 gray Mustang GT's and my gold 72 Mach1.

This one has the SVT package and the electronics package.

grabberblue.JPG

Took me 3 days fighting with the dealership to get the price and payment I wanted, I walked 4 times over 3 days and finally got them to make a deal. It would have been easier to pull my teeth with pliers!

They treat these Shelby's like its the last car they'll ever own. Car had 21 miles when I drove it home. It was absolutely filthy and still is. Peoria Ford is doing construction and this car is full of over spray.

I felt it before I bought it but didnt require them to clean it since most dealerships cant detail a car. I got most of the dirt off in all sorts of weird places and still need to clay bar the car, Ive found some pretty good scratches

I didn't really notice in the light I was looking at the car, it seemed the car always ended up on the driver side away from the sun. You can see someone tried cleaning the car or California dusting it with dirt on the vehicle. Leaving some swirly scratches in the clear coat.

I'm pretty stoked. The problem for me now is the Mustang chase is over, this will be my last one for awhile. At least for 5 years! I'm going to pay this one off before I do anything else.

Every Mustang enthusiast should have the chance to own one of these, the power is amazing, and I'm really digging the Grabber Blue. Big change from my last 3 gray Mustang GT's and my gold 72 Mach1.

This one has the SVT package and the electronics package.

AzSideWinder,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new GB Shelby GT500. Looks like a stripe delete unit... She's a beauty!

Keep an eye out for TS events in your Region shown here: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/forum/91-team-shelby-regional-groups/

Thanks for the welcome. I'm still trying to learn a few things about this car. Some addons and such. Have a few questions and hope one of you guys have the answers. I'm a Mustang GT guy that now has to learn a whole new species of car. Hate the rookie feel, doing a lot of reading! :read:

Question 1 - Where do you get this emblem? This emblem is simply flag addons to the original snake emblem right?

fenderflagGT500.JPG

How about strut tower brace recommendations, do they make one that allows for the supercharger?

I'm surprised since mine is a SVT package it didn't already have one, which is why I'm asking if there is one, most of the catalogs I'm seeing only go to 2011.

Is this Shelby also considered a Cobra? Some say yes and some say no. It has the Cobra badging but isn't considered a Cobra?

Hope someone answers these questions. I have a few people in my clubs that have Shelby's but I just haven't gotten around any of them yet. Feels like a culture shock :)

When will production numbers be released? Have any of you here experienced the tranny issues Ive been reading about?

Hey Joe,

As far as I know the fender flags are not available through Shelby.

I have the KR strut brace that you could check out this weekend.

As far as the tranny issues, I got the MGW short throw shifter and it is a fantastic shifter. No issues with this shifter.

Not sure about the Cobra thing either. I just call it a GT500 or Shelby GT500

Archived