TEAM SHELBY FORUM

attorney

Does anyone know a good attorney in the Dallas/Plano TX area? Need one that might specialize in real estate issues like dealing with HOA's but need an attorney ASAP

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know a good attorney in the Dallas/Plano TX area? Need one that might specialize in real estate issues like dealing with HOA's but need an attorney ASAP

thanks

I have used two attorneys from this firm and really liked their work: http://www.lnwlawfirm.com/

Joe Luce might be good for your issue. Deric Walpole is a criminal defense attorney.

thanks.. I found one but still may be in need of another... from my 24 years of owning many homes I will NEVER buy another with an HOA! I kid you not this place is run by the Nazi's and don't like to use that disgusting word but its beyond absurd

thanks.. I found one but still may be in need of another... from my 24 years of owning many homes I will NEVER buy another with an HOA! I kid you not this place is run by the Nazi's and don't like to use that disgusting word but its beyond absurd

There's a story in there somewhere!!! Do tell...

• 3 weeks later...

Invite me over I'm dieing to piss off those HOA holes the story that are out there is insane. They think they are the leaders of their own country do your leaders drive with a limo and a security team. My parents live in a gated community they have way to many security people to the point of a nusiance. They right you a ticket for anything and in oneway its a good thing. But when they follow me around and try to pull me over cause of my bling M3 meanwhile 2 house get cleaned out in broad day light

thanks

Read the Huffington post they have the worst of the worst HOA incidents !! I don't know how no one has beat these idiots down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are screwed!! they may tell you no fords and no italian wife beater shirts :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

I think I'm all set though, the president of the HOA here has a sweet '85 GT 5.0 and was checking out Laurie's '11 5.0, didn't see the Shelby or Laurie yet :happy feet:

:hysterical2:

I think I'm all set though, the president of the HOA here has a sweet '85 GT 5.0 and was checking out Laurie's '11 5.0, didn't see the Shelby or Laurie yet :happy feet:

I can never live in a HOA state !! Does the president have his own channel to speak to his sheeps ??? Do you guys have to dress a like like in star track then oneday out of the year you vent like an old man on viargia

When working in washington Heights, NYC before I hushed away we would have a police incident at a building that was turned into condo's, I loved when some white chicken little runs up to us and say he is THE PRESIDENT OF THE CO=OP and he demands to know whats going on !! I would walk of to my police car get on the mike and say everyone the president is here the president is here. Then tell him to have a nice day !!! I'm the PRESIDENT you got to be kidding me does your cruise around in a limo and has his on airforce one jet.

I can never live in a HOA state !! Does the president have his own channel to speak to his sheeps ??? Do you guys have to dress a like like in star track then oneday out of the year you vent like an old man on viargia

When working in washington Heights, NYC before I hushed away we would have a police incident at a building that was turned into condo's, I loved when some white chicken little runs up to us and say he is THE PRESIDENT OF THE CO=OP and he demands to know whats going on !! I would walk of to my police car get on the mike and say everyone the president is here the president is here. Then tell him to have a nice day !!! I'm the PRESIDENT you got to be kidding me does your cruise around in a limo and has his on airforce one jet.

:hysterical2: Good one, THE PRESIDENT IS HERE!!

No it's not like that at all where we're at, they don't own the place and also seem pretty cool. I wonder what the OP had a problem with at his?

I live in a very relaxed HOA. There are 26 one acre lots in our neighborhood. The dues are $60 per year to build money up for future maintenance of the big storm water detention pond. No issues in the 9 years I have been here. We meet once a year. I am the Treasurer and my wife is the Secretary. There is one other position...President, but no work for him to do. He owns a 68 GTO and is 10 years younger than me.

The HOA provides protection against someone from parking a bunch of parted out cars in there field and junk trailers. It also says that the out bui9ldings must match the house and no 3 tab roofing. They want that Architectural roofing used. I checked into all the rules before I bought my lot !!

HOAs are all over the place, especially in some areas where they are very large (e.g., Highlands Ranch south of Denver). Our HOA is pretty benign. That is not because some of people don't want a "Homeowners Nazi Association" but because the developer wrote the CC&Rs in such a loose fashion, and violated most of them himself before the association formed, that they are gutless. We basically can't enforce anything that already had exceptions, which is virtually everything. Some poeple, for example, want to keep everyone from parking cars on the street. Well, the HOA can't enforce that since they are public (town) streets.

I'm a broker and have to tell everyone about the CC&Rs but my own lawyer said they are unenforceable. Either my wife or I stay on the HOA board just to keep the newbies from repeating past mistakes. I went over a "FAQ" with the current president last night which should help some of the things from coming back again as new people come in.

The only thing we have to keep it for is to "hold" Outlot C which is a HOA-shared RV and boat parking area. We also spend some of the money. on keeping weeds down and landscaping active on what amounts to town and state property at the entrance to the subdivision.

Like others, I will never own in a HOA controlled single family residential subdivision again. HOAs are the controlling owner of "common property" found in condos though so you can't avoid them there.

FYI, beware of gated communities. They have really awful HOAs and can tell you when, where and for how long you can park your cars. And don't ever leave your garage door open. Good luck in some on washing and waxing your car on your driveway.

Ask me some day what I really think. One took a lady's house away from her. Took it. Not bought it. Claimed overdue fines, unpaid dues, etc. At least once a year somewhere in the US there will be a HOA in the news that is telling some vet he can't fly a flag. They don't get it.

HOAs are all over the place, especially in some areas where they are very large (e.g., Highlands Ranch south of Denver). Our HOA is pretty benign. That is not because some of people don't want a "Homeowners Nazi Association" but because the developer wrote the CC&Rs in such a loose fashion, and violated most of them himself before the association formed, that they are gutless. We basically can't enforce anything that already had exceptions, which is virtually everything. Some poeple, for example, want to keep everyone from parking cars on the street. Well, the HOA can't enforce that since they are public (town) streets.

I'm a broker and have to tell everyone about the CC&Rs but my own lawyer said they are unenforceable. Either my wife or I stay on the HOA board just to keep the newbies from repeating past mistakes. I went over a "FAQ" with the current president last night which should help some of the things from coming back again as new people come in.

The only thing we have to keep it for is to "hold" Outlot C which is a HOA-shared RV and boat parking area. We also spend some of the money. on keeping weeds down and landscaping active on what amounts to town and state property at the entrance to the subdivision.

Like others, I will never own in a HOA controlled single family residential subdivision again. HOAs are the controlling owner of "common property" found in condos though so you can't avoid them there.

FYI, beware of gated communities. They have really awful HOAs and can tell you when, where and for how long you can park your cars. And don't ever leave your garage door open. Good luck in some on washing and waxing your car on your driveway.

Ask me some day what I really think. One took a lady's house away from her. Took it. Not bought it. Claimed overdue fines, unpaid dues, etc. At least once a year somewhere in the US there will be a HOA in the news that is telling some vet he can't fly a flag. They don't get it.

In a week or so will be heading to my moms in hilton head. I forget to mention last that they have security on every corner to enforce the speed they have there radar guns. I was laughing my butt off. But, I know you can visit but not stay longer than a month mean while they have gators in every lake. They are huge you can't use your grill cause they come charge at you. They go from lake to lake by the storm sewers my kid was 2yr old we walked in the middle of the street and was nerve that a gator would come charging out for a snack. People have been attacked and dogs have gone missing and what worry's me is you have guest over you come back to the house. What will it take for a gator hiding in bushes and attack you. Mean while they are worried about you speeding, I took a pic of this gator who was out of the pond it was over 10 ft long huge he was watching the owner of the house. Screw that and the guy who had to fight over the american flag flying what's next you can't kiss in public.

Archived