TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RETAIL BUILDS ON 2013 GT500

frydguy79

Ford has released the ordering guide for 2013 already. I can't remember where I seen this before. If I find it, I will post it here.

I saw one posted for the MUSTANG (V-6, GT & Boss) but not for the GT500 Mustang....

Is that the one you are thinking about?

Phill

By the way whats youre car pulling down at the wheels?

No idea, yet. I have a dyno shop in town that I'm planning to take the car to just for a general idea. I have a friend in San Jose who has a dyno and he's going to dyno the car for me when I get around to taking it back home for a visit and get the car to him so I'll have a sea level dyno sheet too (remove "the correction factor" from the calculation).

The Ford Racing numbers are real accurate so I'm figuring I have at least 750HP at the crank but up here at 6,100' ASL, I'm down by about 20% right off the bat. And I feel it too. I took the car to Las Vegas and it felt like a completely different car, and that was with the stock OE blower on it (pre-mod).

The car is a handfull now, at altitude so I'm guessing I'll need to bring a few pairs of clean undies with me to the Coast.

Phill

I have to wait for 4 months to order, so Im gonna just go out and buy a Dodge instead? Really? Um okay.... Have fun in the land yacht.... Get used to tail light watchin.....

Anyway....Phil is right..that 650 rating is WAY WAY under rated....Jon Lund will be able to give you another 100HP with a pulley and his tune. Mark my words....or dont believe me....many of you know how far off I was with the 2013 thread I put out 4 months ago... :salute:

:whistle:

Yeap, I am actually buying a 2012 SRT8 this afternoon, and will try it out for a couple of years until the 2015 MUSTANG is out...

Until then, thanks for all the posts, help and support.

Safe ride,

braztang

Let us know how you like the SRT8 and is that the 392 Hemi ?

Archived