TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RETAIL BUILDS ON 2013 GT500

frydguy79

Don't tell me that! I hope it is only rumors as I already sold my STANG a couple of weeks ago for the 2013!

Anyway, we got to wait, we will wait.

Thanks for the info, and if any news pop up, PLEASE let us know as usual.

Safe ride,

braztang

• 2 weeks later...

This could mean that the 2012 GT500 is the car that will be going up against the 2012 ZL1 in many of the magazine test comparo's. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This could mean that the 2012 GT500 is the car that will be going up against the 2012 ZL1 in many of the magazine test comparo's. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I would assume that Ford will provide car mags with preproduction versions of the 2013. There is no upside for Ford in letting car mags compare a car that's on its way out with a new competing model just being launched. I would also think that the car mags would rather wait for the 2013 GT500 before doing a comparo.

I would assume that Ford will provide car mags with preproduction versions of the 2013. There is no upside for Ford in letting car mags compare a car that's on its way out with a new competing model just being launched. I would also think that the car mags would rather wait for the 2013 GT500 before doing a comparo.

^ This.

On the official Ford website, if you go to future vehicles and look under Mustang, it says 2013 mustangs will be available spring 2012 and GT500 summer 2012. Looks like we wont be ordering for a while.

And they say the 2013 GT500 wasn't a response to the ZL1. LOL If it really was just the Boss they've know about that car for a long time internally and would be launching at the same time.

On the 2013 GT500, you know if the recaro seats will still be optional or will they be standard? Will a convertible still be offered? Maybe not because even more focus is clearly on performance and weight saving. It's supposed to be 300 lbs less and 'verts weigh more.

The VERT was already announced and there are pictures of a Grabber Blue with Black stripes Convertible in the internet.

I guess I will no longer wait, I will go for a SRT8 392 until about 2014! See what happens!

I may take this step as soon as prices are out, which supposely it will be announced in the Detroint Auto Show Jan 09, 2012.

Safe ride everyone.

braztang

The VERT was already announced and there are pictures of a Grabber Blue with Black stripes Convertible in the internet.

I guess I will no longer wait, I will go for a SRT8 392 until about 2014! See what happens!

I may take this step as soon as prices are out, which supposely it will be announced in the Detroint Auto Show Jan 09, 2012.

Safe ride everyone.

braztang

Not trying to be obnoxious, but do you have a link or other source on a Ford announcement of the convertible?

The Road and Track article is just speculation and some photoshop work to create the GT500 convertible pictures.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/first/2013-ford-mustang-gt500-convertible

The remaining major US auto shows this model year are Detroit in Jan., 9-22, Chicago Feb. 10-19th, and New York April 6-15. (Chicago and NY have press days a day or so earlier than I have listed, stuff might come out then.) Wouldn't surprise me to see future GT500 announcements spread at any of the 3. Depends on what else Ford has (or doesn't have) to create some excitement at the show as well as what competitors like Chevy look like they might announce. At least in 2011, no independent road tests showed up until after the first GT500s hit the dealers lot. Ford did "leak" the VIR video a couple weeks before that.

Safe ride everyone.

braztang

I thought I was impatient...

I thought I was impatient...

I made the mistake to sell my 2011 TOO EARLY!!!

I am 45 years old and I am acting like a young fella! funny what these things can do to you!

Very impatient right now...I am really considering the SRT8 392, even though most of the STANG fellows are saying NO!

Safe ride

braztang

The car isn't 300lbs less. It's heavier if anything. Heavier brakes, engine, cooling. Only thing lighter is the driveshaft which won't make up for the former.

Weight is listed at 3850, 30 lbs more than the listed 2012

I too am eagerly waiting and have my ear to the ground listening for any bits of info on the price, release date and order info. Does anyone know about an possible options because I would really like to have a WHIPPLE instead of the TVS. If I order my car< I would like certain options and features. Does anyone or has anyone ordered their car and been able to have the features they want.

I made the mistake to sell my 2011 TOO EARLY!!!

I am 45 years old and I am acting like a young fella! funny what these things can do to you!

Very impatient right now...I am really considering the SRT8 392, even though most of the STANG fellows are saying NO!

Safe ride

braztang

Buy what you want and when you want..The SRT8 is an awesome car.

Yeap, I am actually buying a 2012 SRT8 this afternoon, and will try it out for a couple of years until the 2015 MUSTANG is out...

Until then, thanks for all the posts, help and support.

Safe ride,

braztang

I too am eagerly waiting and have my ear to the ground listening for any bits of info on the price, release date and order info. Does anyone know about an possible options because I would really like to have a WHIPPLE instead of the TVS. If I order my car< I would like certain options and features. Does anyone or has anyone ordered their car and been able to have the features they want.

Go to Ford's official website and build a 2012 to get an example of what factory options are available. I'd expect the 2013 to not be much different. Ford has announced there will be Track Pack available as a new factory option in 2013. Type of supercharger isn't going to be a factory option.

Yeap, I am actually buying a 2012 SRT8 this afternoon, and will try it out for a couple of years until the 2015 MUSTANG is out...

Until then, thanks for all the posts, help and support.

Safe ride,

braztang

Congrats and all the best with it bud...They are a an awesome looking car.

That kind of is dissapointing. Ford has the Whpple as a FRPP and even the super snakes come with one as well. So I guess I will have to sell the TVS and install the WHIPPLE my self. I know this is kinda DUMB but it is what I would prefer. I have been on the build a mustang site but no interior options. SO ANY OTHER INFO ON THE PRICES OR DELIVERY DATE? I AM GETTING VERY IMPATIENT!!!! If they were to release the price and date there would at least be some light at the end of the tunnel.

That kind of is dissapointing. Ford has the Whpple as a FRPP and even the super snakes come with one as well. So I guess I will have to sell the TVS and install the WHIPPLE my self.

:DUDE!

The car comes STOCK with 650HP. You're gonna spend upwards of $5-$6K for ONE HUNDRED more horsepower???

I put a 2.9L FRPP/Whipple on mine but I STARTED with 550HP and ended up with 750HP. That's a difference of 200HP and at that, it was a expensive 200HP (over $5K).

Your 100HP gain will be twice as expensive as my 200HP gain.

You can pulley that TVS up and put a tune in the car to get the same 100HP gain. At a FRACTION of the price (of a Whipple 2.9L).

Phill

Yeah KONA I know it does not make any sense, you are right but what if it is already pullied? I guess its gonna be wait and see. As far as a tune, I believe that will be possible and get a gain of at least 50-60 which will put it above the 700h.p. mark. I have never driven a car with just a tune the car stayed stock. Everyone says that the tune really wakes up the response better than stock. But thanks I'll look at all options.

Yeah KONA I know it does not make any sense, you are right but what if it is already pullied?

Okay, think about this;

The FRPP 2.3L TVS gives you 660HP on a 5.4L motor.

For 2013 they have increased the displacement from 5.4L to 5.8L and increased the supercharger displacement from 2.1L to 2.3L plus increased the redline to 7,000 rpm. They have rated the '13 with 650HP.

So,

They INCREASED the *engine* displacement (one of two ways to increase torque).

They INCREASED supercharger volume/displacement (the second of the two ways to increase torque).

The INCREASED the redline (which will increase Horse Power).

They DECREASED Horse Power output.

Does that sound like they pullied the SC *up*? If anything, they pullied it *down*. Either that or they underated the HP output CONSIDERABLY.

By all rights a 5.8L engine with a 2.3L TVS with 800 more RPM should be putting out a WHOLE LOT more HP than a 5.4L engine with a 2.3L TVS at 6200 rpm. Like about 40-50 HP more.

I'd say it's pretty safe to 'assume' that there is much more HP to be gained from a 2013 with a pulley and tune. Look at what the aftermarket tuners are getting out of a 5.4L and a 2.3L TVS, over what Ford Racing (50-State Smog/Street legal) tune is getting from a TVS. They're getting upwards of 750HP from that combonation.

Just my humble opinion,

Phill Pollard

Archived