TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirrius radio

just-larry

Just FYI, but whenever starting the car, pause slightly with your key (3-4 seconds) at the first "accessory on position" as this allows the Sirrius system to power up correctly....... sync with the radio, come on, operate properly, etc. If you start the car with a fast motion of the key (as most people do), about half the time, the Sirrius will not cycle on correctly, just static.

just-larry SN 406

Just FYI, but whenever starting the car, pause slightly with your key (3-4 seconds) at the first "accessory on position" as this allows the Sirrius system to power up correctly....... sync with the radio, come on, operate properly, etc. If you start the car with a fast motion of the key (as most people do), about half the time, the Sirrius will not cycle on correctly, just static.

just-larry SN 406

Larry is this something you found by accident or know by talking with Audiovox? I'll give anything a try and this sounds plausible.

just-larry SN 406

actually I've heard that this is a good idea all the time, wether you have sirius or not, it allows the cars onboard computers to warm up in the same fashion.

My Sirius finally went dead. No more freebie.

Oh well, I did get it free for 4 years.

Bummer! I pray that doesn't happen to me or anyone else. You can get just music for about $125/year. I have it in my daily driver and I am spoiled.

Larry is this something you found by accident or know by talking with Audiovox? I'll give anything a try and this sounds plausible.

Have to say that finding this little solution was after a lot of fumbling around to include replacing ignition swicth which did nothing. I kept experimenting and PRESTO, this has not failed me in many trys. (Audiovox guys no help, but did get an owners manual out of them).

Archived