TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MSRP.......when?

ASO544

Guys, I will have to agree with most comments in terms of OPTIONS for the price.

According to my ASSUMED calculations. most of the cars in this category prices about 93 USD per HP, which we may expect a SVTPP to cost about 650 x 93 = 60.450, like the premium package GT 420 x 93 = 39.060 as the ZL1 580 x 93 is about 54K, I know manufcatures would not ever use this calculation for pricing, but it has been very accurate for the past years on the pricing of High Performance American manufactured cars from Dodge, Chevrolet and Ford.

In my opinion, everyone will have a different view on style, price and preferences, but I think Mike.s. has a great point, spending over 60K on a 2013 Shelby, when we have some other GREAT options out there, as he mentions (BOSS 302), etc., and mostly because another 2 years the totally redesigned 2015 will be out, and I am almost sure that prices will be in the same range as the 2013 SVTPP, so maybe makes sense to look at other options and then get back to the Mustang in 2014 (15 MY).

Regards and have a great week,

braztang

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man your car's got great mods! WHAT A CAR, I was looking at your pictures...AMAZING color, awesome mods.

Hey, thanks for the complements.

I think I'm about to spring for the Baer rear brake package that Shelby has on sale for nearly half-price, just to keep it balanced.

The more I think about it, the less inclined I am to trade off this car for a 2013. I already have it up to "Super Snake" standards (other than the hood) so "I'm there" as far as performance mods go. I do like the Techno-mods that the '13 offers though.

Having said that, I really, really, REALLY like that Boss in Schoolbus yellow but rather than trade my '10 GT5 off for one...why not just have two???

I can seel my Harley's to make room in my 3rd garage stall and frankly, since moving to CO I've only ridden the bikes a few rare times so........

Ehhhhhhhhh <???SHRUG???>

Phill

If the New GT500 is $60k Ford is making a HUGE mistake in my opinion, who would pay $20k more than a Boss 302????

Need to stay closer to the ZL1 for sure. Who ever said the Camaro did not take sales away from the Mustang has no clue, I personally do not like the Camaro, but that statement is crazy.

If the New GT500 is $60k Ford is making a HUGE mistake in my opinion, who would pay $20k more than a Boss 302????

Need to stay closer to the ZL1 for sure. Who ever said the Camaro did not take sales away from the Mustang has no clue, I personally do not like the Camaro, but that statement is crazy.

I agree 100%

I totally agree that the Camaro has taken a bite out of Mustang sales! Just look at all those cars on the road vs. the Mustang. I do not like the Camaro either but we got it whether we like it or not. Now as for high-end Stangs like the GT500, Ford might have the edge until the new Camaro comes out with a much lower sticker price and IRS and plenty of HP's to give the Stang a run for it's money! My 2 cents, denohew

:lurk:

:spend:

:waiting:

I know absolutely nothing....but since I dont know anything, you dont have to listen to me when I say this- the 08 was better than the 07....then the 09 came out.......same thing, and its been the same story every year....its to the point now where I really have to just take a step back and say enough....Im gonna keep what I have, and wait until we see the 2014. I bet we see another 30hp increase...and maybe something really crazy like an automatic transmission....

but again, I know nothing, and you guys see how off my predictions are... :tease:

There is some crazy stuff going on, look what was on E-Bay and sold recently------------Lund and the guys at Evo didn't fear that the Boss 302 wouldn't take the boost, the car rolled off the assembly line with completely forged internals and Ford went so far as to port and polish the heads at the factory too. The Boss is ready for boost. The Boss 302 has a forged crank, forged pistons, and forged connecting rods. Lund tuned the Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8 liter supercharger to 18.5 psi boost on C-16 race fuel and the car put down numbers that will make many GT500 owners blush. At that 18.5 psi the car put down 783 WHP and 623 WTQ. Lund figures if we tweaked the fuel system (it's 100% stock now with eh addition of a KB Boost-a-Pump) there is more than 800WHP to be had out of the Boss -------------Since I spend most of my time on the street, I also had Lund whip up a "street" turn that I could run on 93 pump fuel. The street tune is no slouch putting down 630WHP at 11psi. The street tune gives the car a true Jekyll and Hyde personality. You can lug the car around town, stay out of the boost and drive your kids to school or go to the grocery store. When you feel the need plant your foot, hold on because the car will fly. You can see the entire story of the build of this car "Kenne Boss" in the October 2011 issue of 5.0 Magazine.-----------How does this compare to a GT350? The car sold for wait for it $46500 CRAZY times we live in.---- The RoadRunner 5.0 is one hell of an engine.

post-9597-0-25618100-1323782944_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-25618100-1323782944_thumb.jpg

There is some crazy stuff going on, look what was on E-Bay and sold recently------------Lund and the guys at Evo didn't fear that the Boss 302 wouldn't take the boost, the car rolled off the assembly line with completely forged internals and Ford went so far as to port and polish the heads at the factory too. The Boss is ready for boost. The Boss 302 has a forged crank, forged pistons, and forged connecting rods. Lund tuned the Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8 liter supercharger to 18.5 psi boost on C-16 race fuel and the car put down numbers that will make many GT500 owners blush. At that 18.5 psi the car put down 783 WHP and 623 WTQ. Lund figures if we tweaked the fuel system (it's 100% stock now with eh addition of a KB Boost-a-Pump) there is more than 800WHP to be had out of the Boss -------------Since I spend most of my time on the street, I also had Lund whip up a "street" turn that I could run on 93 pump fuel. The street tune is no slouch putting down 630WHP at 11psi. The street tune gives the car a true Jekyll and Hyde personality. You can lug the car around town, stay out of the boost and drive your kids to school or go to the grocery store. When you feel the need plant your foot, hold on because the car will fly. You can see the entire story of the build of this car "Kenne Boss" in the October 2011 issue of 5.0 Magazine.-----------How does this compare to a GT350? The car sold for wait for it $46500 CRAZY times we live in.---- The RoadRunner 5.0 is one hell of an engine.

thats freakin awesome

..the car rolled off the assembly line with completely forged internals The Boss is ready for boost. The Boss 302 has a forged crank, forged pistons, and forged connecting rods.

Remember, the connecting rods are not a traditional wrought forging. They are a powder metal or forging, or 'sintered' as Ford likes to say in its advertisements of the Boss engine.

Huge difference in metallurgy.

Understand the biggest reason the Coyote make so much power under boost in the compression ratio. 2 compression points under boost is huge! Yes the heads flow better but the majority of the improvment over the 5.4 is the increase in compression. Also keep in mind the 5.4 makes power much lower in terms of RPM (which is alot easier in the rotating assembly) and more torque accros the board. They are both good motors they just have different ways of achiving a given power number.

Understand the biggest reason the Coyote make so much power under boost in the compression ratio. 2 compression points under boost is huge! Yes the heads flow better but the majority of the improvment over the 5.4 is the increase in compression. Also keep in mind the 5.4 makes power much lower in terms of RPM (which is alot easier in the rotating assembly) and more torque accros the board. They are both good motors they just have different ways of achiving a given power number.

We are not talking about the 5.0 Coyote but the 5.0 RoadRunner .Different heads ,intake. block casting and to much to list here. Read the difference between the two on line.

The 5.0 in the current GT Mustang has over the past 2 years proven itself to be an exceptionally blower friendly short block in stock configuration. The GT is a TVS or other FI unit away from a 10 second car on a stock suspension and transmission. Ford literally knocked it out of the park with this one.

We are not talking about the 5.0 Coyote but the 5.0 RoadRunner .Different heads ,intake. block casting and to much to list here. Read the difference between the two on line.

mach,

The Boss block casting is the same one found in a stock 5.0 http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1108_2011_ford_mustang_302/viewall.html

No one denies the RoadRunner is a modified Coyote engine...

mach,

The Boss block casting is the same one found in a stock 5.0 http://www.mustang50...02/viewall.html

No one denies the RoadRunner is a modified Coyote engine...

Yes you are right I meant the heads use a different 356 Aluminum, Thanks for correcting my bad.

WHERE THE HECK IS THE MSRP!

It should be out by now!!!

Don't you tell me we gotta to wait for 2012! my cash from my 2011STANG is burning in the bank and I am almost BUYING SOMETHING ELSE!!!

safe ride

braztang

WHERE THE HECK IS THE MSRP!

It should be out by now!!!

Don't you tell me we gotta to wait for 2012! my cash from my 2011STANG is burning in the bank and I am almost BUYING SOMETHING ELSE!!!

safe ride

braztang

To put away until after the winter?

I still think if the track tests of the '13 GT500 exceed a lot of expectations dealers will find people willing to pay north of 60k for even a base model.

Those would be some pretty stupid people. No chance of ADM's with all the competition now, anyone that pays ADM is just plain stupid.

Sad to say there are people out there that still do pay ADM's. Even though I don't charge them my GM will try and any dealer will try, you will always have that sucker that comes in and will pay... IMO they are plain stupid, MSRP on these cars would be more than fair for this car at least til more of them are out.

Sad to say there are people out there that still do pay ADM's. Even though I don't charge them my GM will try and any dealer will try, you will always have that sucker that comes in and will pay... IMO they are plain stupid, MSRP on these cars would be more than fair for this car at least til more of them are out.

My dealer puts a ADM on just about every car they have on the floor. They do *not* charge me ADM as I told them my "line in the sand" is MSRP. Go over that and I'm gone...but he also said they don't charge most people the ADM, it's more to keep the "tire kickers" at bay. But then, some "suckers" will come in and pay full sticker (including ADM).

But when I told him I really REALLY like the new Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow, he said they WILL NOT sell a Boss sans ADM. He told me to "just wait awhile" and I can get one without any ADM but right now, they're not having ANY problem selling their allotment of Boss's with a CRAZY ($10K IIRC) ADM's on them.

I've never paid ADM on any vehicle, including my Harley's when ALL dealers were marking them up due to short supply/high demand. NEVER.

And I won't start just because I like the Boss 302 so much.

Phill

I would not pay more than MSRP, maybe MSRP, but I am getting tired of waiting...

Went and test drove a SRT8 392 yesterday!!! damn...IT IS A NICE LOOKING MACHINE! but HEAVY and out-powered, however, I will not be racing AT ALL, so I will be waiting for the MSRP and Guiding Orders...even though the Dodge dealer got me HOOKED UP to the 392...but the deall is.... Still gonna wait for the MSRP to be released before commiting, SHELBY better be below 60K! otherwise I will be in the SLOWER SIDE and BETTER LOOKS!

DON'T EVER PAY MORE THAN MSRP...DON'T CREATE INFLATION!

Safe Ride

braztang

The X-Plan price on a 2012 GT500 coupe is $44,807 and MSRP is $48,810 that's $4K plus another $2K = $6K to the Dealer @ MSRP - expenses . Why pay more than MSRP? SVTOA members get X-Plan pricing from Ford and only $100 bucs doc fee. The only catch is the dealer has to agree with offering X-Plan on a Shelby. Can't get X-Plan pricing from Ford on the Boss.

Hello everyone,

I was so desperate and I went for a good deal on a beautiful 2012 SRT8 392

No regrets guys, I put 300 miles on it since Saturday 24th, and the car is very cool.

Now in comparison with the Stang, OBVIOUS there is no comparison with the Shelby in terms of power output, but, amazingly the SRT8 sticks in the ground and handles really well in high speed high angled curves, I was surprised.

Now I can say something by experience!

No one can compare the Mustang to the SRT8, because I find it to be in TWO different categories, where, I say that the mustang is more like A race car to the SRT8 a fast powerful comfortable ride, where the power does not build up so quick, it is more like a on the go power, that does kick in BIG TIME but you don't feel it because of the comfortably in the ride.

Now, I will keep my Challenger until the new 2015 comes out and se what happens.

I am sorry that it took so long for FORD to announce the price, and I am sure it would be a bit expensive anyway...still interested in the 2013 Shelby GT500 prices.

Take care and a great 2012 for everyone.

Braztang

post-33873-0-74975700-1324927575_thumb.jpg

post-33873-0-74975700-1324927575_thumb.jpg

Archived