TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MSRP.......when?

ASO544

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they did already...something like 54grand if I'm not mistaken. I'm hoping to hear about MSRP too.... and to be honest...I hope they announce it later rather than sooner.

I just bought a new house and am waiting to see how my bills pan out so I can figure out how to budget the trade. Those won't be coming in for a little while so I'd like to know those first.

One thing is for certain, however... I WILL have the 2013

....and if not...2014 is MINE!

My Speculation.

Base GT500 Coupe = $61,400

Base GT500 Vert = $66,400

Lets see how close I am. :hysterical:

This seems a bit high to me. These prices actually mirror current Canadian MSRPs which are generally much higher than US MSRPs. I you are right, this would mean roughly $10K more in Canada, which would make it a tough sell here. If indeed the ZL1 sells for $55,000, Ford needs to price the GT500 at the same level or only slightly higher.

I would think somewhere around $56,000 for the coupe and $61,000 for the vert would be reasonable.

Good morning gentlemen - I'm new to the forum. Found a long time SVT dealer who will commit to his first 13' Shelby GT500 at MSRP and will put it in writing. I would assume this is a good deal from the above posts - please confirm / Thank you.

I would move forward today but do not like the available colors - would

ideally like a bright metallic blue with white stripes, a candy red with silver stripes or white with blue stripes.

Also waiting for $$$$$ - Don't want to spend more than 60K + tax & title.

Good morning gentlemen - I'm new to the forum. Found a long time SVT dealer who will commit to his first 13' Shelby GT500 at MSRP and will put it in writing. I would assume this is a good deal from the above posts - please confirm / Thank you.

I would move forward today but do not like the available colors - would

ideally like a bright metallic blue with white stripes, a candy red with silver stripes or white with blue stripes.

Also waiting for $$$$$ - Don't want to spend more than 60K + tax & title.

I would say its a fair deal , with the current economy I would say there will be lots of MSRP deals.

I would say its a fair deal , with the current economy I would say there will be lots of MSRP deals.
Do you think its possible to get 1,000 or 2,000 discount - don't know if dealer will move from MSRP and 1,000 dollars is really a small amount on a 60,000 car.

I also agree with those on this forum that the car does need wider tires.

Do you think its possible to get 1,000 or 2,000 discount - don't know if dealer will move from MSRP

and 1,000 dollars is really a small amount on a 60,000 car.

You can always try but if your looking to order one when the order banks open then I doubt it. You would have to wait for a while after there out to make any kind of deal.

You can always try but if your looking to order one when the order banks open then I doubt it. You would have to wait for a while after there out to make any kind of deal.

I agree because each dealer is only getting one car too start off with. They will make about 7000 of these and there is about 3300 dealers. To get a car the dealer has to pay the sign up fee and then the rest of the cars will be divided up per "share of the nation" based on that dealers Mustang sales. Some dealers will get a few GT500's over the year and others will get only one. Real big dealers will get 4-6 cars if there sales were real high on the Mustang line.

Some dealers will put there one car in the showroom and see what they can get for it. If you can strike a MSRP deal on the dealers first car...you should do it. I was able to secure my dealers first 2013 order for one of my local buddies at MSRP. I happen to know the fleet manager very well. It required 2K down payment and a commitment on paper. His GT500 purchase is secure at MSRP and he is very excited.

Grabber, I'll take your challenge. :)

I'm going with a guess of $55,400 for the base coupe and $60,400 for the base vert.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one.

Especially in light of the fact that my dealer calculated recent historic increases in MSRP, along with the SVTPP option price in the past couple of years and came up with pretty much the same exact figures you came up with!

He estimated all *three* prices. Base, SVTPP and Track Pack. The Base price was only about $3K over the 2012, the SVTPP option about the same as the 2011/12 package ($2500 or $3500, I can't remember what the SVTPP costs) and the Track Pack at right around $60K and change. IIRC, those were MSRP prices not including tax, dealer prep and Gas Guzzler Tax IF THERE IS GOING TO BE ONE. And he said that as of June, there WAS a GG tax anticipated but they weren't sure if it was the $1K or the $3K number, or NONE if they were able to get their CAFE numbers in line.

I told him I thought I saw a on-line article where Jamel said they beat the GG tax but I wasn't sure....

Phill

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one.

Especially in light of the fact that my dealer calculated recent historic increases in MSRP, along with the SVTPP option price in the past couple of years and came up with pretty much the same exact figures you came up with!

He estimated all *three* prices. Base, SVTPP and Track Pack. The Base price was only about $3K over the 2012, the SVTPP option about the same as the 2011/12 package ($2500 or $3500, I can't remember what the SVTPP costs) and the Track Pack at right around $60K and change. IIRC, those were MSRP prices not including tax, dealer prep and Gas Guzzler Tax IF THERE IS GOING TO BE ONE. And he said that as of June, there WAS a GG tax anticipated but they weren't sure if it was the $1K or the $3K number, or NONE if they were able to get their CAFE numbers in line.

I told him I thought I saw a on-line article where Jamel said they beat the GG tax but I wasn't sure....

Phill

Hope you are right.. SVT Performance pack for 2012 is $4k.. recaros $1.6k

My guess:

BASE COUPE SVT = 53.500, SVTPP = 58.500, SVTPP/TP = 63.500,

I will try to get a SVTPP with NAV only and just hope that they will have RECARO SEATS standard, as my budget will be MAX 60K including TAX+FEES.

braztang

Ok, I have been emailing back and forth with my local dealer about the 2013 GT500 who says they are the number one Mustang dealer in the state, at least thats what they have been telling me. On Black Friday I stopped in and spoke to the sales guy who handles the internet site for them and talked about ordering a 2013 GT500. As we all know the pricing hasn't been released yet. I started at xplan for the car; they responded with $1000 over invoice and I jumped at that price.

No deposit was asked for and I'm thinking next week I'm going to ask them that we should probably get something in writing as I think this is a good deal. You never know they could change their mind on this. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ok, I have been emailing back and forth with my local dealer about the 2013 GT500 who says they are the number one Mustang dealer in the state, at least thats what they have been telling me. On Black Friday I stopped in and spoke to the sales guy who handles the internet site for them and talked about ordering a 2013 GT500. As we all know the pricing hasn't been released yet. I started at xplan for the car; they responded with $1000 over invoice and I jumped at that price.

No deposit was asked for and I'm thinking next week I'm going to ask them that we should probably get something in writing as I think this is a good deal. You never know they could change their mind on this. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

for a car like this, usually the owner or GM have a say in it. If your just talking to a salesman and nothing is in writing, then it's pretty loose.

I never trusted this type of deal, in fact, I can almost assure you that if you RUSH you are going to get disappointed!

In another words, wait until FORD publishes the ordering g guide, than just go ahead and order it at MSRP, and nothing more, PLUS I am almost sure that your dealer or any others will not get it any faster than the others!

I would just take a step at a time and everythig else will fall nplace.

DO NOT RUSH,

It will be enough for all of us.

Take care, play safe,

Regards,

Braztang

I never trusted this type of deal, in fact, I can almost assure you that if you RUSH you are going to get disappointed! In another words, wait until FORD publishes the ordering g guide, than just go ahead and order it at MSRP, and nothing more, PLUS I am almost sure that your dealer or any others will not get it any faster than the others! I would just take a step at a time and everythig else will fall nplace. DO NOT RUSH, It will be enough for all of us. Take care, play safe, Regards, Braztang

That is what I'm going to do, when the ordering guide is published I'll go down and order the car with the options I want and give them a deposit. The deal is for $1000 over invoice. In the meantime I will let the dealer know this is how I want to do this deal and see what they say. I fully understand if everything goes as planned I probably won't see the car untill June, July or longer.

ford is hitting the dealers up again for a participation fee to sell these cars, since 2007 the fee has been $1000.00 per year and 90 percent of the dealers that sign up only get 1 car per year,, and we have not seen anything about, how much or the other cost's of doing business, like what special tools we have to buy and other fun fees

or even how many they are going to make, although the last couple years they have been trying to stay in the 4-5k cars per year

Well for one I'm looking at getting a 13 but be hell if I'll pay one penny over MSRP just like I did for my 07...My dealer is

good like that they always sell for MSRP...Yeah I would get it in wrighting just for your protection...My dealer won't take

any money down he tells me I won't be able to order much before March sometime with delivery in Aug...He did tell me

I would be first on the order list when it does come out though.

Archived