TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MSRP.......when?

ASO544

ford is hitting the dealers up again for a participation fee to sell these cars, since 2007 the fee has been $1000.00 per year and 90 percent of the dealers that sign up only get 1 car per year,, and we have not seen anything about, how much or the other cost's of doing business, like what special tools we have to buy and other fun fees

or even how many they are going to make, although the last couple years they have been trying to stay in the 4-5k cars per year

It would be more accurate to say that Ford has been trying sell 4-5K GT500s per year. The initial 2 years('07 & '08) saw nearly 20,000 sold with the help of some substantial incentives. Those days are obviously over. The only limits here are the number of willing, capable buyers and not the manufacturers ability to produce. Ford can build these cars one after another and in volumes that would never clear the market. The "limited production" nonsense never existed and never will.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be more accurate to say that Ford has been trying sell 4-5K GT500s per year. The initial 2 years('07 & '08) saw nearly 20,000 sold with the help of some substantial incentives. Those days are obviously over. The only limits here are the number of willing, capable buyers and not the manufacturers ability to produce. Ford can build these cars one after another and in volumes that would never clear the market. The "limited production" nonsense never existed and never will.

Straight to the point - the truth - and very well said

my prediction, base coupe = $58,250 base vert = $62,750

*Base* cars at those prices? No way. That's almost a 10 grand increase in MSRP in one year. Ain't gonna happen.

SVTPP Coupe @ $58K? Ehhhhhh, probably just a tad high.

I think a Track-Pack GT500 with all the bells/whistles will come in right around the price you quote for a Base 'Vert above....right around $62K.

I got to that number by taking past yearly increases in MSRP and adding it to last years MSRP on a base car, then adding the increase for the SVTPP option, then looking at a Boss 5.0 Track-Pack to see what the difference in price is on it.

That was with the help of my local SVT Sales Mgr., using the numbers he provided for me from his records.

We shall see,

Phill Pollard

They must be waiting for Chevy to announce MSRP for the ZL1 so they can price accordingly...

:superhero:

MSRP for the ZL1 is out...

54.K and it comes LOADED in the standard vehicle.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-performance-cars/

I really wonder if NO ONE in here have an accurate IDEA of when FORD will release prices on the 2013 SHELBY.

Have a great weekend everyone, PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.

braztang

I would guess a fully loaded coupe with the track pack will come in at $65,000 and a fully loaded Vert with track pack will be $70,000

I think Ford is attempting to go after the Corvette group with the NEW 2013 GT500 so they will price it accordingly

I really wonder if NO ONE in here have an accurate IDEA of when FORD will release prices on the 2013 SHELBY.

You shouldn't need to wonder, that's a fact. No one has any accurate idea of WHEN Ford will release prices or WHAT the prices will be.

I stopped into my dealer day before yesterday to find out when the Order Bank opens. The Finance Mgr. had no idea and refered me to the Car & SVT Sales Manager. He was busy so I didn't get to speak with him but he already has me on a e-mail list to update me on ANY information regarding the 2013 GT500. I'll be stopping in again to see if he's "heard anything" on when the prices will be released and/or the Order Bank opens.

Until then, it's ALL speculation, on everybody's part.

And there's a LOT of that flying around in here with no shortage of speculation! <lol>

Phill

I know it sounds WEIRD, but it is difficult to be driving a AWD (wife's car) every day and no longer having my STANG!

But I am so crazy waiting that I am alsmost buying a SRT8 392!

Test drove one...no power in comparison to ANY mustang from GT and up, but NICE CAR though!

Take care guys,

enjoy the weekend

braztang

<SNIP> I am alsmost buying a SRT8 392!

Test drove one...no power in comparison to ANY mustang from GT and up,

but NICE CAR though!

They sure look good too.

Phill

I know it sounds WEIRD, but it is difficult to be driving a AWD (wife's car) every day and no longer having my STANG!

But I am so crazy waiting that I am alsmost buying a SRT8 392!

Test drove one...no power in comparison to ANY mustang from GT and up, but NICE CAR though!

Take care guys,

enjoy the weekend

braztang

Hang in there for the Shelby. I traded this for mine and never have regretted it once.

awash2.jpg

Hang in there for the Shelby. I traded this for mine and never have regretted it once.

awash2.jpg

Man you are lucky... you drove that BEAUTY before! really really GREAT LOOKING MACHINE!

I will definitely hang in there, after all these months waiting, I will not let any Dodge dealer get into my way now...I think we are a WEEK or MAX two WEEKS away from FORD releasing the price and order guide!

Then I will decide if the GT500 will be a KIND OF daily driver or it will be TOO much for that dual purpose.

By the way, send me a PM or email me at braztang@gmail.com telling me about the Challenger, your experience and thoughts about it.

Take care and all the best to all,

braztang

I think we are a WEEK or MAX two WEEKS away from FORD releasing the price and order guide!

I've heard mid-Dec, I've heard late-Dec and I've heard after the 1st of the year. For the ORDER BANK to open. But I was also told that they wouldn't be hitting showrooms until well into next year, like June-ish (if I remember correctly).

So does that mean you can *order* one as soon as the order banks open but you can't take delivery until mid-year???

EDIT: I just saw on the Ford.com site that they say the Mustang will be available "Spring of 2012". 1st day of Spring is March 21, or there abouts and 1st day of Summer is June 22, or there about so I'd ASSUME they will hit the showrooms around mid-May (middle of Spring).

Phill

Yes Phil, that is what I read also, so I guess if I really go for the 13 Shelby, it will be a long wait!

Man your car's got great mods! WHAT A CAR, I was looking at your pictures...AMAZING color, awesome mods.

Congrats.

I don't know if I will wait until then or I will go for either a 12 Shelby or a 12 Challenger, really not sure yet, as I got the money from my recently sold 2011.

Take care,

braztang

Yes Phil, that is what I read also, so I guess if I really go for the 13 Shelby, it will be a long wait!

Man your car's got great mods! WHAT A CAR, I was looking at your pictures...AMAZING color, awesome mods.

Congrats.

I don't know if I will wait until then or I will go for either a 12 Shelby or a 12 Challenger, really not sure yet, as I got the money from my recently sold 2011.

Take care,

braztang

braztang,

One word of advice... WAIT

After just selling your 2011 to get in line for a 2013, why would you want to compromise for a 2012???

PS: And as far as the Challenger goes... REALLY???

The ZL1 is advertised @ $54K so Ford needs to be in the ballpark. The ZL1 is a BIG car but if the 13 GT500 is $5K more watch out Ford. I am not a ZL1 fan but there are people on the fence and Ford should not lose them.---- The Challenger is even bigger than the ZL1 OMG NO WAY!!!!

Roger that, I will wait, throttle back to desccend setting...It is hard not to have my STANG anymore...I sold it TO QUICK !

Anyway as MACH 1 mentioned, FORD should keep the prices around THERE, close to the ZL1! I agree with that, and really want that to be reality! as I will have to be conservative in not going over 60K out of the dealer's doors! for a car to stay in the driveway in NY for 4 months a year! IMO.

Enjoy the weekend,

stay safe

braztang

The ZL1 is advertised @ $54K so Ford needs to be in the ballpark. The ZL1 is a BIG car but if the 13 GT500 is $5K more watch out Ford. I am not a ZL1 fan but there are people on the fence and Ford should not lose them.---- The Challenger is even bigger than the ZL1 OMG NO WAY!!!!

I have to disagree, sure there may be one here or there, but I believe the majority of fans of either are passionate about their brand, and price won't be an issue. The 2013 has raised the bar considerably, and as such, can and should easliy command the extra $$$$. I don't think Ford needs to compete on price at this level. On 20-25k econoboxes, yes. But not in this arena.

I have to disagree, sure there may be one here or there, but I believe the majority of fans of either are passionate about their brand, and price won't be an issue. The 2013 has raised the bar considerably, and as such, can and should easliy command the extra $$$$. I don't think Ford needs to compete on price at this level. On 20-25k econoboxes, yes. But not in this arena.
Lets see before the Camaro they were selling about 8500+ GT500's per year now about 4500+ GT500's per year. Camaro came out in the bad economy so can't blame that.

I think one of the the things going against the GT500, no matter how cool this one is the platform is getting dated. This for all intensive purposes in the same car as the 2005 Mustang. With a whole new car coming out in just two years I wonder how many will bite? Part of me is leaning towards a Boss until the 2015 comes out depending on pricing.

The platform may be getting old but it is still easy on the eyes. I allways stop and look @ a Shelby, and all the tuner ones on the road. I know you can't compare a 911 to a 05 Mustang but look how long that design has stood the test of time. Once in a blue moon the designers get it just right. Ford DON'T kill a great thing. Tweak it here and there but don't get crazy.

I think one of the the things going against the GT500, no matter how cool this one is the platform is getting dated. This for all intensive purposes in the same car as the 2005 Mustang. With a whole new car coming out in just two years I wonder how many will bite? Part of me is leaning towards a Boss until the 2015 comes out depending on pricing.

I did it and have never looked back. They just have all these adjustments you can do depending on your mood. Not to mention you can rev the mo'fo to 8400 rpm with the tracKey all day long.Want a little more exhaust sound change the side pipe plates. Rear end to loose adjust the shocks . Steering to light set it to sport. Want a race tune like the 302R use the RED key. Want to take it to the drag strip set the launch control to your needs . Worry about speeding in the pit lane set your speed. Don't like Disco change the radio station LOL.

Archived