TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question on 2011 vs. 2013

blankstare

If I am understanding all the numbers correctly, a 2011 SVT GT500 with a 2.3 TVS supercharger and tune from VMP will still produce more HP and torque than a stock 2013 SVT GT500. I do like the upgraded cooling, suspension, and new launch control. I am just going to wait for the 2015 and the next generation of changes. I heard 2013 and 2014 will be exactly the same due to the major 2015 changes..

Are you asking if it is true?

Yes you are right, by just doing the tuning, the blower/pulley, dyno, cold spakring plugs...and spending about 5K, you will probably be BIGGER than the 2013, but, the 2013 is in STOCK version and it has room for improvements, just as the 2011 does. It may be worth waiting for 2015, since it will be out in 2014, and considering it will be significant changes, plus if you don't like the chages, then you can always stay with the 11 or get a 14 instead.

I am looking the other way around, I am actually getting a 13 because I just sold my 11 and I am MUSTANGLESS at the moment, so winter will pass and hopefully I will be able to get a 2013 by then.

Safe ride,

braztang

There will always be a threshold. Both motors will reach some serious HP numbers, what is your number? Regardless of larger cubes will always "blow it away", there comes a point when you have the HP you want. My goal is 650-700rwhp....I dont need a 5.8L to do that. The 2013 is great out of the box and offers some seriously sweet performance upgrades to the oil, internal, and cooling systems as well as a TVS. It comes down to what will satisfy your needs really.

There will always be a threshold. Both motors will reach some serious HP numbers, what is your number? Regardless of larger cubes will always "blow it away", there comes a point when you have the HP you want. My goal is 650-700rwhp....I dont need a 5.8L to do that. The 2013 is great out of the box and offers some seriously sweet performance upgrades to the oil, internal, and cooling systems as well as a TVS. It comes down to what will satisfy your needs really.

And hopefully with the clutch and transmission changes they've finally solved the 1-2 grind issue. Also can't wait to see how well the new launch control setup works...

Archived