TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for Audiovox Sirius antenna model # or replacment

dadzz64

Hey guys could use your help i am trying to locate an audiovox sirius car antenna for my 06 Shelby GTH the person i bought the car from took the system out and dose not have the original antenna for it any more so i am trying to replace it . does anyone know what model it is... i see a bunch of them on ebay but dont know which one is the right one for the Sirius satellite receiver that came in my 06 Shelby GT-H if any one could possibly take a quick look on ebay and see one could you possibly message me the link thanks hope some one out there can help me ...

So you have the rest of the kit, you are just looking for the antenna? The only one I see on e-bay that looks like the one in my new kit at home (original for the Hertz) looks just like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sirius-car-Antenna-/190601734450?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c60bfa932

However, in this bag, it looks like the end has a 90 deg bend in it. The one in my kit has a straight end where it plugs into the unit. However, this is exactly what it looks like otherwise.

Hey guys could use your help i am trying to locate an audiovox sirius car antenna for my 06 Shelby GTH the person i bought the car from took the system out and dose not have the original antenna for it any more so i am trying to replace it . does anyone know what model it is... i see a bunch of them on ebay but dont know which one is the right one for the Sirius satellite receiver that came in my 06 Shelby GT-H if any one could possibly take a quick look on ebay and see one could you possibly message me the link thanks hope some one out there can help me ...

Model SRSIR-001FMH

This is the model number for our Sirius radios. If you talk with someone from Audiovox ask why the unit goes off after you shut the car down.

thanks Jeff one more quick question where is the antenna mounted in the car? is it on the dash or outside ?

The antenna lead wire comes up from the passenger side and is run along where the dash-windshield meet. The antenna just sits on or near the center of the dash next to the windshield. The head unit is mounted on the console and is held in place with velcro. The 2007 GT-Hs used the outside trunk antenna. hope this helps, Larry

hey thats great Larry thanks now if i could find the antenna for it... the one that JeffJ showed me in the ebay link has a elbow where it conects to the box mine plugs straight in and has sort of locking tabs to keep it from coming loose ?

Archived