TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR or 2013 Boss LS

REAL ONE

Don't get me wrong. I love the KR. I do think it has intrinsic value proven by it's ability to still fetch $55,000 to $60,000 used and likely to go up in value in years to come while standard GT500s drop percipitously with every latest and greatest offering of the standard GT500. Guys are slobbering all overthemselves over the 2013. Yes, it's nice but the jump in HP is primarily due to the TVS. Even the 2013 will drop percipitiously in 2015 with the next gen GT500 likely with IRS. I think the KR will continue to stand immune and hold steady if not go up in value.

This brings me to the subject at hand. While I would NOT trade the KR for any standard GT500 (60's era cars excluded) the new Boss LS is very tempting.

No way will my wife tolerate a third Mustang. (we already have a '07 Mustang Shelby GT and the '09 KR). I love the 2013 Boss LS in the yellow with the black hockey stick stripes or even the black with the red stripes.

First, is the Boss going to continue to be produced in 2014 and onward? How many a year will be produced?

Anyone know or have info on this?

What are your thoughts. KR or Boss LS.

This is REAL to me since I am #1 on the list at my dealer for their 2013 Boss LS. Have to decide. This is tough one!!! :kuko:

You thoughts and analysis would be appreciated.

I sold my 08 Super Snake and bought a '12 Boss LS, absolutely no regrets. The car handles like it's on rails! And the sound is unbelievable. Off the line it's quicker than the Shelby (any year, except the '13, we'll have to see how that car grabs).

Although one never knows the 13 should be the last year for the Boss 302.

LS's are rare, limited to only 750 per model year. Here in Canada there are only 35 of them.

These cars should hold their value due to such low production numbers.

I'm liking the 2013 Boss in yellow, too. No way I'd kick the KR out of bed for it though. I'm sure we'll see plenty of great Mustangs in the future, and prices dropping on most previous models. I'll find a Boss later, or maybe I'll grab one of the new IRS models. We'll see... - BUT, my KR is a keeper. :)

OK, dont shoot me for this but, I think the 2013 GT500 is going to hurt ALL GT500 values, including the KR in the short term. That being said, Im considering a 13 but, the cost will be a factor. I am also considering a used KR or an 13 LS IF I can find one. No bad choices but, very tough ones unless you can afford them all

I'll keep the KR for sure, but the Boss LS is very tempting, especially with the new grille and taillights, and the new yellow color combo.

Discussed getting the LS after seeing it at the revealing last week. Marji said I'd need to sell a car to get one. She didn't think it was funny when I said "how about your car"

I went for the KR. It is one of a just a hand full of true pre-titled Shelby's. To me the Shelby name and the build at SAI matters. My last name is Shelby and it has been the dream of a lifetime to have one. My buddy is an original owner of a Boss 351 from 1971, he is one of only four original owners. His passion is Boss, He just took delivery of a new Boss 302, it's a nice looking car, but it doesn't sound like a KR. To me there is no comparison. Just my $0.02.

My GT500 sounds exactly like a KR. My H pipe was designed by the same engineer and my Ford racing mufflers are the same ones on the KR. I love the sound. When I first heard a KR......I knew I needed my GT500 to sound just like it. Now my wife wants her GT500 to sound like a KR too ! :happy feet:

My GT500 sounds exactly like a KR. My H pipe was designed by the same engineer and my Ford racing mufflers are the same ones on the KR. I love the sound. When I first heard a KR......I knew I needed my GT500 to sound just like it. Now my wife wants her GT500 to sound like a KR too ! :happy feet:

+1. The sound of the KR is one of the great aspects of the car. To me its just perfect; agressive enough when you step on it but totally acceptable when cruising. I'm glad you were able to find a way to reproduce the sound on your GT500.

I went for the KR. It is one of a just a hand full of true pre-titled Shelby's. To me the Shelby name and the build at SAI matters. My last name is Shelby and it has been the dream of a lifetime to have one. My buddy is an original owner of a Boss 351 from 1971, he is one of only four original owners. His passion is Boss, He just took delivery of a new Boss 302, it's a nice looking car, but it doesn't sound like a KR. To me there is no comparison. Just my $0.02.

Not to start a war but my GT500 sounded just like the KR, it sounded great. But the Boss sounds so raw and powerful, much more than the KR. And with the Red Key it sounds like a race car!

But the Boss sounds so raw and powerful, much more than the KR. And with the Red Key it sounds like a race car!

And a GT500 with the KR H-pipe, KR mufflers, and the Boss quads sounds more powerful than a Boss. And with the FRPP/Whipple kit..... :worship:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/801706-boss-302-quad-pipes-gt500.html

And a GT500 with the KR H-pipe, KR mufflers, and the Boss quads sounds more powerful than a Boss. And with the FRPP/Whipple kit..... :worship:

http://www.svtperfor...ipes-gt500.html

LOL, well you can mod anything. But stock for stock the Boss IS the Boss!

The other aspect is the Boss 302 engine, it produces it own unique sound, so there are many things at work that make up the sound of the Boss.

LOL, well you can mod anything. But stock for stock the Boss IS the Boss!...

Groovy. And stock for stock, the KR makes 100 more HP, and 100 foot pounds more torque. GT500 will always be the big engine Mustang of our time. But yes, the Boss is the Boss.

Mod them both, and the GT500 engine will put up with more boost, and still make more power. The Boss, being the better balanced car, will be more nimble.

Best of both worlds...? A bigger garage and the pockets to fill it. ;)

I'm not one to flip cars so, I'll stick to my KR.

I have only purchased 3 brand new vehicles in my life ('89 F-150 / 08 GT-500 / 09 GT-500KR) I did my first trade ever to get the KR. I'll probably never do a trade like that again because I tend to hold onto things for a loooooong time. With that said, I would probably purchase a BOSS in addition to owning the KR.

.................I still miss my '08 GT-500.

What Ford mufflers did you use - are those the "KR" mufflers that I saw somewhere or something different?

Groovy. And stock for stock, the KR makes 100 more HP, and 100 foot pounds more torque. GT500 will always be the big engine Mustang of our time. But yes, the Boss is the Boss.

Mod them both, and the GT500 engine will put up with more boost, and still make more power. The Boss, being the better balanced car, will be more nimble.

Best of both worlds...? A bigger garage and the pockets to fill it. ;)

I'm not discussing power or performance. I'm talking about sound. Sound wise the Boss just sounds like the more powerful performer. The OP was asking opinions and having owned a GT500 (KR exhaust and H pipe and then upgrading it to a Super Snake (keeping the KR exhaust and H pipe) and then selling it to buy a Boss LS. I think I can speak with greater first hand knowledge about the differences between these cars.

Now performance wise....the Boss is much lighter than the KR and it handles like it is on rails. The car inspires a great deal of confidence because of it's balance and handling.

I do miss the whine of the 750HP SC but the growl of the Boss is also very, very satisifying.

I love my Boss but would not trade my 40th (or KR, if I had one) for a Boss. My Boss is a great handling car and on the 2011 Power Tour it made Vette and Camaro SS owners beleivers..I'm a firm beleiver in the new Road Runner 5.0 and the quad exhaust. :wub2:

Guys I am fortunate enough to have just rec'd my 2012 Boss LS. The car looks great and sounds great as well. But I have not had a chance to drive it . Winter and raining up here in Canada. If you go to youtube under Boss 302 LS and frknfast there are 4 videos I have uploaded. 2 of delivery of the car and 2 of the exhaust. one before the side pipe resrtictors in place and the second with them not. Also the front splitter is not installed yet ( next spring) nor has the track key (also next spring). As others have said great reviews but I have to wait till spring to really see the difference. I knew the boss was coming but still got the KR first. The KR has its own special features that the Boss never will.

Archived