TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Light Hung in New Garage

Very impressive.

I especially like how you made the doors slide behind the lights so as not to block them when the doors are open.

The ceiling looks like hardwood flooring...am I seeing that correctly?

Some nice neon too.

Z-man

Very impressive.

I especially like how you made the doors slide behind the lights so as not to block them when the doors are open.

The ceiling looks like hardwood flooring...am I seeing that correctly?

Some nice neon too.

Z-man

The ceiling is laminate flooring. Lumber Liquidators has sales from time to time on really cheap flooring. This was only 29 cents per sq. ft. I'd never use it on a floor but thought it would work good for a Man Cave ceiling. :shrug:

The ceiling is laminate flooring. Lumber Liquidators has sales from time to time on really cheap flooring. This was only 29 cents per sq. ft. I'd never use it on a floor but thought it would work good for a Man Cave ceiling. :shrug:

You got that right! It looks great. :worship:

Y'all got too much disposable income!

[i'm sooooo jealous!}

Well, you don't have kids without providing them shelter, clothing and nourishment do you? My kids are gone now so it's the Shelbys that get the attention. Seems perfectly logical to me.....:idea:

Being a retired spaky that light job is very impressive. Looks like a commercial job. Who's indirects are those?

Thanks,

They are Corelite by Cooper Lighting http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/lighting/brands/corelite/suspended.html The particular style I have were discontinued in 2005 but they still make a wide range of suspended lighting. As I said, we do interior demolition and these came out of a Denver office building last spring. I just couldn't pass them up. Now I'm glad I didn't send them to the landfill. It's a shame though, I kept about 300 feet of them, probably about 4000 ft still went to the landfill. :shrug:

That is sweet! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to use on the ceiling in my outbuilding. i never even thought of using laminate flooring. I've seen that stuff for cheap. If I did the math correctly less than $10 gets you the equivalent of what a 4'x8' size of sheet material would cover. Only down side is it probably took some time to install.

How is that installed?

That is sweet! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to use on the ceiling in my outbuilding. i never even thought of using laminate flooring. I've seen that stuff for cheap. If I did the math correctly less than $10 gets you the equivalent of what a 4'x8' size of sheet material would cover. Only down side is it probably took some time to install.

How is that installed?

Thanks,

Installation was not to bad, specialy considering the final look. I hung 7/16 OSB on the trusses first. The laminate flooring is attached to the OSB with Liquid Nails and 23 gage finish nails. 23 gage finish nails are about the diameter of a human hair so you can't see them even close up. The finish nails are just to hold the laminate in place until the Liquid Nails sets up. The time to install the laminate wasn't much, if any, longer than it would take to hang sheet rock, tape, texture, and paint. If you have a Lumber Liquidators in your area, get on their web site and signup for their sales notices. They are always having sales on cheap laminates and there will alway be a "leader" sale item to bring you to the store. I got a "leader" item for 29 cents a square foot, but I had to get there 1 hour before they opened and wait in line for what was only 2500 sq ft of the sale item available. It's cheap flooring and I would never use it on a floor but worked fine for me on the ceiling.

Archived