TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 gt500 vs 2011 gt350R

I think we will just have to wait and see. Truth is, if the GT500 isnt a step up, its a fail, right? I mean, why build a performance car that isnt better than what you just put out?

The 2013 BOSS falls into this pitfall as well now. Why would someone buy that car when the GT500 appears to have addressed every single drawback and con of owning one over the 5.0?

It sure is making me rethink my plans of buying a BOSS, and getting a 2013 GT500 in green!!!

I think we will just have to wait and see. Truth is, if the GT500 isnt a step up, its a fail, right? I mean, why build a performance car that isnt better than what you just put out?

The 2013 BOSS falls into this pitfall as well now. Why would someone buy that car when the GT500 appears to have addressed every single drawback and con of owning one over the 5.0?

It sure is making me rethink my plans of buying a BOSS, and getting a 2013 GT500 in green!!!

While your at it, can you buy me a GT 500? Blue with white stripes please! :hysterical:

Do you really think that the 13 GT500 will be able to surpass the 13 Boss on the track?

Isn't the Boss still lighter and more set up for the road course? I know that a real road course race car would NEVER have a supercharger on it. Is heat stroke still an issue with the GT500's?

Well, they are reporting the gt500 to be 3850 lbs. The Boss isnt much lighter, and at 450 HP, it s well shy of the power of the gt500 even under heat soak conditions. PLUS, if the GT500 is 650 at the crank stock, I would guess it is upwards of 750 with a pulley, CAI, and a Jon Lund tune. The Boss is a supercharger away from those numbers as well. I watched a dyno of a 2012 with a 3.6 Kenne Bell throw down nearly 800 HP at 15 lbs of boost, but is capable of 25 lbs. That would put it pretty close to 900 at the rear wheels with fuel delivery worked out. Apples to Apples, the Boss is just as worthy, but it all comes down to what your references are- Do you want a hybrid racer with few available options? Or do you want a fully optionable luxury muscle car that is a switch on your dash away from being either a soft ride or track car?

If performance is the only thought, a BOSS S is the ONLY choice. I dont understand why the Boss cant be had with a options delete- no power windows, locks, interior, no radio at all...etc. The BOSS S is that, but isnt street legal...

If it is going to have all that stuff, I might as well get the nav, and all the other otions anyway, right?

I see your point but if the GT500 is $20,000 over the BOSS than that will also decide what I should get.

Your are 100% correct about the BOSS 302S...... I wish they would finance it because the $80,000 price tag of the 302S would than be an option for me.

I see your point but if the GT500 is $20,000 over the BOSS than that will also decide what I should get.

Your are 100% correct about the BOSS 302S...... I wish they would finance it because the $80,000 price tag of the 302S would than be an option for me.

Agreed, no doubt the Boss is by far the best performance you can get for the money, now in 2013 I think it looks as good or better than the GT500 as well.

GT350 is a great car, but it was not meant to provide performance for the $$$, it was priced high for the name and cosmetic stuff. Not saying it is not a Beast, just saying it is not priced anywhere near these.

Love everything you stated, especially the GRREN... lol...

Tom

Love everything you stated, especially the GRREN... lol...

Tom

I thought that the technology in the 5.0 was so much better than the 5.8. I figured that the 5.8 would go away completely. This move with ford shocked me. Time will tell the story, which motor is the baddest. Just like the old days.

Kris

Technology with the 5.0 is much better, I do not think anyone would argue that. They get 440 plus HP out of it NA, no chance the 5.4 or 5.8 could come close IMO.

Maybe shelby will offer a kit for gt350 owners to bump up the Horse power to be more than 650.

2015 is the new build, although it will be available in 2014. For 2014 I hear we are getting the Mach 1 and the Boss goes bye bye.....guess we will see. I kinda think my source for that may be full of it.

I'll tell you what I really think about all this. With the standard Mustang GT 5.0, 700 is about the limits of safely running our engines on the GT350, any more than that and we will get opportunities to replace the stock engine with something forged....although maybe not a bad thing.

The Boss has a forged engine and that 5.0 is good to 1000 HP easy....

The 2013 GT500 is awesome for the new features it has, but the 5.8 is bleeding edge tech, and there arent going to be many upgrades for it for at least 6 months, so it might serve anyone considering one to wait for 2014s announcement to see how they one up the 2013. If it falls into the same schedule as this year, you will be able to make an informed decision, and either order a 2013 cheaper and the way you want it, or hold out for the 2014, and get it REALLY cheap when they announce the 2015....whew, this is hurting my brain, but foresight is sound in this line of thinking...I paid an ADM on my 2008 GT500, both of them in fact, and that will be the last time over sticker I ever do.

2015 is the new build, although it will be available in 2014. For 2014 I hear we are getting the Mach 1 and the Boss goes bye bye.....guess we will see. I kinda think my source for that may be full of it.

I'll tell you what I really think about all this. With the standard Mustang GT 5.0, 700 is about the limits of safely running our engines on the GT350, any more than that and we will get opportunities to replace the stock engine with something forged....although maybe not a bad thing.

The 2013 GT500 is awesome for the new features it has, but the 5.8 is bleeding edge tech, and there arent going to be many upgrades for it for at least 6 months, so it might serve anyone considering one to wait for 2014s announcement to see how they one up the 2013. If it falls into the same schedule as this year, you will be able to make an informed decision, and either order a 2013 cheaper and the way you want it, or hold out for the 2014, and get it REALLY cheap when they announce the 2015....whew, this is hurting my brain, but foresight is sound in this line of thinking...I paid an ADM on my 2008 GT500, both of them in fact, and that will be the last time over sticker I ever do.

All good thoughts my friend except the Mach 1. Although my sources may be ull of poo poo, look for a Boss 351 in 14 with the Boss 302

All good thoughts my friend except the Mach 1. Although my sources may be ull of poo poo, look for a Boss 351 in 14 with the Boss 302

The Muscle cars wars are back, exactly what ford was wanting. This drives sales up, because us car guys want it all.

Kris

Good point, for the price of the GT350 is should definately be forged like the Boss, crazy that it is not.

I'm sure it would be if you could option a ford mustang gt with a forged 5.0. That's what I want to see- an aluminator option, or forged boss engine option

you can have anything you want, just spend the money.. Dont be scared, you can always make more money.

Kris

Unless your source works for FORD inside Mustang development these are all rumors because FORD spent a lot of time and money developing the Boss so killing it after 3 model years makes absolutely NO sense! I also heard the Mach 1 is coming back but may be a mid 2013 release which makes more sense to sell more Mustangs before the redesign. I actually like what FORD did with the 2013 model as they are making me nervous about the redesign as everyone says they are going away from the retro look and look what happened after they did that :rip: after 1973 not really a fan of any Mustang until the 2005 model came out so who really knows what they will do?????

Archived