TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTS

1sgt

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The car is on the lift ... but they told me it would not be done until "sometime" in April. Back to the same old, same old. Thanks for the tip 07SGT. I've got thumbnails attached.

Very nice! Can't wait to see it done!

Now that is exciting. That car is going to be nice. And you are the one and only person on this site I know that has a GTS. Hang in there, April is Monday. They are going to want your car off the lift soon. Man they have the whole front end off that car. I did not think it was that much work required.

Dont you want to go to Vegas to see it? Did you figure out how to get it to Hawaii yet?.

2+2 ... hell yes I would love to go to Las Vegas to see this thing being built! However, in the end it is for my wife. She has been released 48 hours earlier from her FOB in Afghanistan. She is now in Bagram awaiting a flight state side. While that sounds nice ... they are 3-5 days behind rotating soldiers out of theater. Everyday there is dangerous as soldiers and contractor personnel become casualties daily (I'm sure 19D knows this). Though I want the car, I want to see my wife more, no matter when she gets here. It's now a waiting game.

Cali KR, I'll post as I get pictures. Shelby has been pretty good about sending pictures ... though they are usually of the same things they've already done.

2+2 ... hell yes I would love to go to Las Vegas to see this thing being built! However, in the end it is for my wife. She has been released 48 hours earlier from her FOB in Afghanistan. She is now in Bagram awaiting a flight state side. While that sounds nice ... they are 3-5 days behind rotating soldiers out of theater. Everyday there is dangerous as soldiers and contractor personnel become casualties daily (I'm sure 19D knows this). Though I want the car, I want to see my wife more, no matter when she gets here. It's now a waiting game.

Cali KR, I'll post as I get pictures. Shelby has been pretty good about sending pictures ... though they are usually of the same things they've already done.

It's getting real close now happy%20feet.gif .......... but more importantly, your wife will be home even sooner. :wub:

Amen to that brother...

You got that right!

I meant all along for you to try to time it, and go see it with your wife in Vegas if she was back . Will she fly straight to Hawaii?

Here is a big "Thank You" to you both.

Hey, your car look so shined up. Did you detail it before they got it, or did the Shelby guys shine it before if went on the rack? It sure is cool to see the photos of the people that built it. You should have some nice documentation that others do not have.

You got that right!

I meant all along for you to try to time it, and go see it with your wife in Vegas if she was back . Will she fly straight to Hawaii?

Here is a big "Thank You" to you both.

Hey, your car look so shined up. Did you detail it before they got it, or did the Shelby guys shine it before if went on the rack? It sure is cool to see the photos of the people that built it. You should have some nice documentation that others do not have.

Amen to that brother...

It's getting real close now happy%20feet.gif .......... but more importantly, your wife will be home even sooner. :wub:

The Army normally will send soldiers to a central holding facility, usually Bagram. This allows them to decompress for a few days. Once they are manifested for a flight out they normally go to Manas Air Base, Kyrgyzstan, and then to Taiwan, or Japan for a refueling, and then to her home base, Hawaii. It's a long ordeal. Many soldiers just want to go home but they really need the time to wind down and be "watched" by leadership to see if there are more pressing issues (ala tragic case of Bales). Once home, they get to see their families within hours but will spend many days being evaluated for many afflictions (PTSD, MTBI, strange diseases, etc).

I am ecstatic that she is leaving Afghanistan. She made it clear to me the last time I talked to her that she doesn't want to go back again. After 6 years of service and two combat tours her fun meter is pegged. A 20 year retirement sounds great but this stuff really takes a toll mentally and physically. She weighs 115 lbs and wears 70 pounds of gear when she leaves the gates. There is a corollary of military innovations; there will come a time that the cost of protecting your most valuable weapons platform will outweigh the decisiveness of the system itself. It's important to be protected but the protection may be outweighing the risk of not being mobile.

I'll step off the soap box. 2+2 I knew what you meant, I appreciate the concern for my best friend and wife. It appears that Shelby cleaned the car up to get it inside. The last photo I had of the car it was covered with 6 weeks of parking lot dirt after the installation of the GT500 wing. It looks pretty good. I asked for additional photos and I'm interested to see what the Baer brakes will look like when installed. Production said they were having problems with getting the front fascia and hood. That's not what they told me in January but maybe there was a quality issue once they unpacked it all.

Cali_KR and My500SS, thanks for your support for the troops. It means a lot to those guys out in the dirt every day.

Thanks for the update and pictures. I had no idea that they have the cars on the rack this long. I thought they could do a conversion in a couple of days.

I bet the suspension is every bit as good as your GT500. It is set up like the SGT's. The SGT's won SCCA F production national championships. You are going to be surpised how well your car sticks in the corners

. Once again, you have the perfect car for Hawaii. Can't wait to see more. Did you set up shipping yet? Is it going to beat your wife home? Hang in there.

2+2, I'm surprised at how long the conversion it taking also. I thought it would be a well oiled machine that did this stuff by the numbers. Though I had a lot of problems getting the car in the shop I really enjoy the updates on the transformation of the car.

I still don't have a completion date. I've done everything with shipping but give them a pick up date. The shippers have 5 business days to pick the car up. If I could give them a date today I could have them pick up the car the day after completion.

The car won't beat her to Hawaii. My wife is on her way home ... but it's not as easy as it sounds. She is off of her FOB, which was a great thing since it was shared with our "friends" the Afghan National Army. Lots of insurgents just happened to come in through their side of the base ... and they never saw anything. She moved on to Bagram for 2 days waiting on a flight. Since our "friends" the Pakistani's are slowing down a lot of our supplies that get moved through their country (and we pay mega millions of dollars) our planes must do double duty of moving supplies and people.

She moved to Manas Krygyzstan for the flight home last Saturday and was supposed to leave yesterday. However, since there are coordination problems moving personnel in, and out, of Afghanistan the plane she was supposed to be on was overweight. They bumped 15 junior officers off the flight, the group she's in. That's OK and she's taking it well. It would have been terrible to bump the enlisted guys. They are the ones patrolling everyday and taking most of the lumps. She thinks she'll be here by Friday night. What a celebration we will have!!!

tjys,

I can't imagine the emotional state which you must be in every day. Worrying about your wife's safety, when she will be home, the excitement of her getting home, the anticipation and excitement (and sometimes distress, anger) of your car being completed and when that will happen. Wow. I just hope you know that you have a lot of people watching this whom are all just as excited as you are about getting your GTS. We're all pulling for you! Here's some prayers for you and your wife to be together soon! Thank you both for your service and doing what you do! I'm sure that everybody at Shelby is doing everything they can to make this all happen for you, just things don't work out the way we would like sometimes. God Bless!

Soon you both will be cruising in convertible bliss in the Hawaii sun!!

JeffJ said it well. Focus on your wife returning. This way she will get to see it on the car hauler too when you get it. Such an exciting time that is..

Thank you all for the prayers and best wishes for my wife. She was frantic in this morning's phone call. She was told she may get bumped again! The Army is trying to keep whole units together as they move. Makes sense ... but Jeff J you are on the money, it's a very trying time. All I know is I want her home safely and to see her driving North Shore, top down, getting a lot of stares!!

She will be home soon safe and sound..

We would like to see a picture of your GTS with the Bonai Pipeline in the backgound on your North Shore cruise.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Well, no phone calls last night or this morning ... that can only mean she is on her way home. Once we get the GTS I'll take a lot of pics of her driving on the North Shore!!! It's going to be a great weekend!!!

New member here...

You have a very compelling story. Many thanks to your wife & all Service members!!

I'm Waiting for my GTS transfromation to begin. I'm 12GTS0032, but my car was delivered to SA in late February.

My wife's V6 was delivered 24 Jan ... after sitting on a car lot in Las Vegas awaiting delivery for a couple of weeks because of ... well to this day I'm not real sure what all happened. I'm happy that SA started on the car but ... not to rehash everything else in this post just disappointed with announced production timelines and reality. I really like what they've done with the car so far and the production guys are great at keeping my up on the details.

My wife arrived last night at 0110. It may have been the middle of the night but the sun was shining for me.

My wife's V6 was delivered 24 Jan ... after sitting on a car lot in Las Vegas awaiting delivery for a couple of weeks because of ... well to this day I'm not real sure what all happened. I'm happy that SA started on the car but ... not to rehash everything else in this post just disappointed with announced production timelines and reality. I really like what they've done with the car so far and the production guys are great at keeping my up on the details.

My wife arrived last night at 0110. It may have been the middle of the night but the sun was shining for me.

That is great news !

My best to you both and enjoy the new GTS when it is ready!

David

Awesome. I told you it is going to all work out . Relax and have a great holiday.

Then don't forget those north shore pictures. Now you can both enjoy the GTS build and delivery.

New member here...

You have a very compelling story. Many thanks to your wife & all Service members!!

I'm Waiting for my GTS transfromation to begin. I'm 12GTS0032, but my car was delivered to SA in late February.

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on the GTS! I can't wait to see it when it is done. I am hoping that I will have the first Grabber Blue GTS... I need to get my motorcycle sold to fund the project though... soon... very soon

Fantastic news :yahoo: .......................Welcome home to your wife and a big THANK YOU for her service to our Country. :salute:

Fantastic news :yahoo: .......................Welcome home to your wife and a big THANK YOU for her service to our Country. :salute:

That is just FANTASTIC...and like Dan said, Thank your bride for her service, and to you as well, because our men and women of the collective armed forces need a strong support network standing with them :salute:

Thank you all for your concerns for my wife's safety! She has been sharing stories of operations in Afghanistan. All I have to say is we must leave. It's not worth American blood and treasure.

For the good side, I received a few more photo's from SA. The front clip is on and looks pretty good.

post-35354-0-64522700-1334076412_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-32371700-1334076428_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-04705100-1334076437_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-64522700-1334076412_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-32371700-1334076428_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-04705100-1334076437_thumb.jpg

Archived