TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTS

1sgt

I was thinking of getting a GTS . But I can't get it the way I like to get it . I wanted to get a GTS like my GT 350 . White with a BLUE GUARDSMAN STRIPE . I was told no blue STRIPE for 2012 .OK how about 2013 can we add that ???? :headscratch:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I like it! Just got done playing with the build it site. Silver with black stripes and black wheels! Not sure the wife would approve, I would almost sell my SGT to have one. For the price of a Boss you could get a true Shelby??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I must say that after seeing several of the GTSs at the Bash I am even more stoked about getting one. TJYS I understand your frustration with the timeline and I REALY feel for ya, but after seeing how full they are with 50th builds as well as the normal work flow I can see how the timeline has been extended. I know that doesn't ease the pain, but just my .02

I sent a note to Gary Patterson, VP Operations, about my timeline extension on 12 March and asked for a realistic (not next year) estimate on the GTS build. I know the bash was last weekend but expected some kind of response if nothing more than an out of office note. Anyone have any other email addresses I can send an inquiry too?

Recon, I don't understand the build extension since my car was in before any announcement of a "50th Anniversary" model ... and as swede puts it, before a lot of the mega dollar 350/SS builds. I just want my car at this point. I have a hard time with the disconnect between, "hey we really want your business", to "well, we have your money you get it when you get it".

I made it very clear to the sales people of why, and when, I wanted the car. They agreed to the timeline, verbally of course, they put nothing in writing, and now the present I wanted for my wife after her tour in Afghanistan will be for naught. SA has been disingenious with me. They have a lot of my money that is doing nothing for me at the moment.

I need to get someone at SA to at least hear what I'm saying. If they choose to do nothing - message received loud and clear.

The blacked out GTS at the Bash was beyond cool looking IMO!

I totally agree!

I agree as well...............the GTS is a fantastic looking machine.

I really liked how it looked as well. Here is a pic from the Thursday nite mixer. The blue one at the car show great too...but no pix...

GTS.jpg

I have been watching the GTS build for tjys with much excitement as I want to watch and learn the process of having a convertible GTS built for my wife also. It looks like I have learned what I wanted to know.

Cal_KR i. Are those private owner GTS's or are they Shelby owned display cars?

I have been watching the GTS build for tjys with much excitement as I want to watch and learn the process of having a convertible GTS built for my wife also. It looks like I have learned what I wanted to know.

Cal_KR i. Are those private owner GTS's or are they Shelby owned display cars?

The silver one is the Shelby owned car, but I saw three privately owned ones at the Bash and all the owners were very happy with them!

Also talked with the production guys while there and they stated that your car doesnt get a spot in line for production UNTIL it arrives at SAI which can cause a hold up from deposit time to begining of the build... however it is still a while on completion due to the backlog of cars waiting to be completed.

I got a note today from the VP Operations. He says my car will make it to a lift within a day (paraphrasing). My wife flies in 7 days. I'm glad he got involved because the original sales department projected completion date of 45-60 days is now realistic. I paid 28 Dec. Car was delivered 24 Jan (no fault of my own lost nearly 3 weeks).

I've already coordinated with a couple of car shippers. I can get the car in a week after I get the completion date, though I'm not sure how they can do that through ocean terminal shipping. I'm looking forward to getting the car but I won't be doing this again with SA; at least not without some garuantees of production time.

Everyone says we'll be happy with car. I'm sure we will. Maybe all of the inquiries around here will sooth over the processes of getting it.

I got a note today from the VP Operations. He says my car will make it to a lift within a day (paraphrasing). My wife flies in 7 days. I'm glad he got involved because the original sales department projected completion date of 45-60 days is now realistic. I paid 28 Dec. Car was delivered 24 Jan (no fault of my own lost nearly 3 weeks).

I've already coordinated with a couple of car shippers. I can get the car in a week after I get the completion date, though I'm not sure how they can do that through ocean terminal shipping. I'm looking forward to getting the car but I won't be doing this again with SA; at least not without some garuantees of production time.

Everyone says we'll be happy with car. I'm sure we will. Maybe all of the inquiries around here will sooth over the processes of getting it.

Really glad to hear yours is going on the lift! let's see some pics when you and your wife get it!

this is a wonderful thing you are doing for your wife.

you should be very proud.

please thank her for her service. :salute:

That's a big +1

She'll be driving the only Shelby GTS in Hawaii.....................and that's flipping cool.

When, or if, I get this thing I'll post pictures. It will be a race red convertible with black stripes and black wheels. I think it will compliment the GT500 we have, black with red stripes. It will be nice to have her driving to car shows!!!

I will thank her ... for all of us. It's tough. When I married her she was a Korean that was reluctant to give up her Korean citizenship. After a couple of years in the US and her exposure to the military she surprised me one day with the proposal of joining the Army. She has a MA from Cambridge University England ... don't ask me how I managed to get her attention. When she joined the Army she had join enlisted until she could change her citizenship. Her first assignment was Kuwait, which is technically a combat zone. She went to the front of the line for US citizenship!! She's now a US Officer still doing her best. Her start as an enlisted soldier has made her realize how tough life can really be for soldiers riding the line of poverty but caring for a family from the other side of the world. She is a wonderful wife and American! (And loves Mustangs like most Koreans)

Here's a plug for many US soldiers in combat today. There are many green card holders in Afghanistan today. The Homeland Security rules being what they are, make it difficult for these prospective citizens to get the necessary attention to become US citizens. It is so tough today that many, many officers have no idea how to make the system work to make thier soldiers US citizens. Some of these soldiers have been killed in combat ... and the INS wants to deport thier dependants back to thier native country from the US since they no longer have a sponsor. I don't think that we, the US, a nation of immigrants, really want this to happen but these families get lumped in with the illegals that come here trying to make a future for themselves. There has to be someone in Congress willing to take this issue on. Gold star Mothers have saved some. Just my .02.

That is great news. If that is true they will honor what they told you. Your car should be on the lift today. How are you going to get it to Hawaii? How long will that take? You should go see it in Vegas.

Maybe we will start looking for that perfect used convertible Mustang GT now. It was hard talking my wife out of a SS camaro vert. I would take a GTS any day.

Thanks for the support 2+2. It took the VP of Operations to get this on line. I'm trying to figure out the finish date now. Auto shippers won't give me an accurate cost estimate to ship the car until I know the availability date. I asked for one this afternoon but it was late in the date in Nevada. I asked for confirmation that it was on the lift last night and pictures if available. They did send a few pics but I keep getting a notice telling me they're to large for this response. Any hints on that?

Hey tjys. How is it going on your GTS. I bet it is kind of crazy trying to line up shipping. Did you ever see the pictures of your car at the Shelby plant.

I've got some pics from the line but I cannot get them uploaded. All I get it failure messages. I've asked for hints on what I'm doing wrong but no advice yet. You have any clues??

I've got some pics from the line but I cannot get them uploaded. All I get it failure messages. I've asked for hints on what I'm doing wrong but no advice yet. You have any clues??

Just a guess but they may have sent more pictures than you are able to open. Maybe they could resend with just a few at a time in seperate e-mails.

Your car has to be about complete soon.

There is a size limit of 1.17mb per post... So if one or all of your pictures exceed that limit, you will get an error message...

Some people upload their pics to a 3rd party website and then link them here...

Others use a basic photo editor (MS Paint) to re-size their originals down to something smaller and then upload them directly into their posts...

Archived