TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Pack

Mulanzo

How many of you who plan to order the 2013 will get the track pack with the cooling pumps for the transmission, diff and oil along with the front brake vents? I hear ordering the track pack means a front fog light delete. On a daily driver that won't be going to the track that doesn't seem like a good idea however of I got a 2013 I'd want a fully optioned car. Decisions.

If I get one for a DD, then I'd get the performance pkg but not the track pack. If the 2013 GT500 is really that capable around the track (and there's no reason to think that it's not), then I'd wrestle with the idea of replacing the Boss 302 LS with it. Right now I'm almost committed to the idea of getting one. I'm just not sure what I'd use it for.

Track pack would only be for those who were really going to track this car hard. For a normal track day that some might do the performance pack would be enough.

I think the performance pack car will be the one most ordered.

+1...

Its a no brainer here in Texas...heat is the enemy even on the public roads, plus, I cant ever remember needing the fog lights, and dont you get the adjustable suspension with the track pack? If so, I definitely want that...

How many of you who plan to order the 2013 will get the track pack with the cooling pumps for the transmission, diff and oil along with the front brake vents? I hear ordering the track pack means a front fog light delete. On a daily driver that won't be going to the track that doesn't seem like a good idea however of I got a 2013 I'd want a fully optioned car. Decisions.

Personally, I don't drive my car in the fog so the fog lamp delete is NO big deal for me. In fact, I'm getting a new style FRPP brake duct kit that uses the fog lamp insets for the cooling tube inlets on my 2010 GT500 and doing away with the foglamps.

Now, having said that...BE VERY CAREFUL about what you order on a 2013 GT500. ASK QUESTIONS....

I say that because last Saturday (19 Nov., 11) I was advised by my dealer that if I order a Boss 5.0 LS and get one of three options available (the only one I can remember is the extended front splitter), THE VEHICLE FACTORY WARRANTY IS VOID. HE said that is because with the options mentioned, Ford considers it a "Track Car" (i.e. "Competiton Vehicle"). He said you don't have to take it on a track to void the warranty, just the addition of the three items is what voids the vehicle warranty. I realize it would have to be disclosed at the time of purchase but it's still well within Ford Motor Company's rights to do it, IF they disclose that fact prior to the sale.

He also said he "suspected" that might be the case with the 2013 GT500 Track-Pack as well (which is what got my attention).

He did say that there would be 3 levels of performance options with the new GT5.

"Base", which is just like the 2012 Base GT5.

"SVTPP", which is close to the current SVTPP.

"Track-Pack" which has all the high tech bells and whistles.

The electricly controlled dampners (shocks & struts) would NOT be included on the Base car but he thought they would be on both of the two optional cars (SVTPP & SVTTP).

Keep your eyes and ears open folks,

Phill

NO Track Pacakge for me, IMO it will serve well only for those serious about racing it often, plus my opinion goes with my budget as well, and I believe that the Trac Pack will cost around 10 to 12K more than the SVT.

I would like to buy the SVTPP, however depending on what the SVT comes with, I rather put a NAV on it and get a SVT, but as mentioned in another post...SVTPP will most likely be the one sold the most!

Now, it all depends on the COST, if I can, I will definitely get the SVTPP.

Safe ride,

braztang

All of the information releases for the 2013 GT500 have stated that the PP gives you the wheel and suspension upgrades (incl. the adjustable dampers), while the TP gives you the 3 extra coolers and the Track App (performance driving info on the Drivers Info. Center). I haven't seen anything saying that you lose the fog lights with the TP.

There's no way in hell that Ford is going to offer a FACTORY INSTALLED option that will invalidate your vehicle warranty (Boss 302LS or GT500), and there's no way the TP will cost "10-12K more than the SVT" (I'm assuming that 'SVT' = 'SVTPP').

All of the information releases for the 2013 GT500 have stated that the PP gives you the wheel and suspension upgrades (incl. the adjustable dampers), while the TP gives you the 3 extra coolers and the Track App (performance driving info on the Drivers Info. Center). I haven't seen anything saying that you lose the fog lights with the TP.

There's no way in hell that Ford is going to offer a FACTORY INSTALLED option that will invalidate your vehicle warranty (Boss 302LS or GT500), and there's no way the TP will cost "10-12K more than the SVT" (I'm assuming that 'SVT' = 'SVTPP').

+1...

Phill, tell your dealer to put down the pipe.

Once you add rapid spec 501A atop a Boss 302 order you pretty much have the whole enchilada. Performance wise, you can add TracKey, which effectively reduces a portion of the powertrain warranty but does not void it.

The included "track-only front splitter" is an item the owner may add for track use, but Ford won't cover damage caused by it otherwise (you are pretty much on your own when on the track anyway). Take a look at the following pdf, a Mustang order guide companion. Go to the second page and read the small print in the lower right hand corner.

http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/MustangOrderGuideCompanion.pdf

Phill, tell your dealer to put down the pipe.

Once you add rapid spec 501A atop a Boss 302 order you pretty much have the whole enchilada. Performance wise, you can add TracKey, which effectively reduces a portion of the powertrain warranty but does not void it.

The included "track-only front splitter" is an item the owner may add for track use, but Ford won't cover damage caused by it otherwise (you are pretty much on your own when on the track anyway). Take a look at the following pdf, a Mustang order guide companion. Go to the second page and read the small print in the lower right hand corner.

http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/MustangOrderGuideCompanion.pdf

Ummm, yeah, it says: "1 Front Air Splitter included in Laguna Seca Package is intended for Race Track use only and is not legal for on-street driving. May degrade crash performance and void vehicle warranty. Must be installed by customer."

It doesn't say it reduces a PORTION of it, it says it "may" VOID VEHICLE WARRANTY. Now if you think a Dealer or Ford Motor Company won't save themselves a bunch of money on warranty repairs because of the word "may", just ask the guy on here who had his VEHICLE WARRANTY voided because he _A_ had a pulley on the SC and _B_ posted information on Team Shelby that he had his car on a drag strip and made a cople of runs with the car (thereby making it a "competition vehicle"). "May"??? My bet is "Will".

And that's just for the splitter, not the track key. The VEHICLE WARRANTY, which means the ENTIRE VEHICLE, not just the powertrain or suspension, or....whatever. VEHICLE WARRANTY. That's insane (In My OPINION).

So it looks like my dealer was right, and that's according you your own source.

Phill

"May degrade crash performance and void vehicle warranty. Must be installed by customer."

Ya know, after reading that closer, it does NOT say it "May void vehicle warranty". It says it "May degreade crash performance"... AND VOID VEHICLE WARRANTY. Not "May void vehicle warranty", but "void vehicle warranty".

A judge goes by "the letter of the law" (this I know from my experience on a Corporate Board of Directors) and if you read that closely, it says it VOIDS VEHICLE WARRANTY.

Now, if it said "May degreade crash performance and MAY void vehicle warranty.", it would be different.

One of the first things I learned as a Officer on the Board is that there is a signaficant difference between "Shall" and "Must".....by the letter of the law.

I'm still STUNNED that they'd think about voiding a vehicle warranty because of a SPLITTER. But as my dealer explained, that makes it a "Track Car" (i.e. Competition vehicle) and it says so right in the verbage...."not for on-street driving"!

Phill

Ummm, yeah, it says: "1 Front Air Splitter included in Laguna Seca Package is intended for Race Track use only and is not legal for on-street driving. May degrade crash performance and void vehicle warranty. Must be installed by customer."

It doesn't say it reduces a PORTION of it, it says it "may" VOID VEHICLE WARRANTY.

Ummm, yeah, be more careful before you play jump to conclusions and read what I wrote. I stated "Performance wise, you can add TracKey, which effectively reduces a portion of the powertrain warranty but does not void it." I was obviously talking at that point about TracKey.

Trackey has the potential reduce a PORTION of your warranty - just like I said.

"Only when TracKey is deemed responsible for the damage will it fall under the reduced warranty, and all other concerns are covered under the original warranty. Basically, if the problem is caused by the TracKey it will only be covered under the 3yr/36k warranty. Everything else remains the same." This came from Deysha, a customer service rep active within the Mustang community. More here.

So it looks like my dealer was right, and that's according you your own source.

Bzzz. Wrong.

I'm still STUNNED that they'd think about voiding a vehicle warranty because of a SPLITTER.

You are interpreting it wrong, Phill. Legalese for CYA, for example, the use of the splitter doesn't void your emissions warranty. Any lawyer can argue any law any way they want. The bottom line is, if you use it for the track - remember to remove it if you are going to use the vehicle off track and on a public road. Not to hide anything but merely because the part does not meet crash standards (or al least wasn't tested as such) and because the vehicle was sold with the understanding that the owner wouldn't do that.

Phill

Ya know, after reading that closer, it does NOT say it "May void vehicle warranty". It says it "May degreade crash performance"... AND VOID VEHICLE WARRANTY. Not "May void vehicle warranty", but "void vehicle warranty".

A judge goes by "the letter of the law" (this I know from my experience on a Corporate Board of Directors) and if you read that closely, it says it VOIDS VEHICLE WARRANTY.

Now, if it said "May degreade crash performance and MAY void vehicle warranty.", it would be different.

One of the first things I learned as a Officer on the Board is that there is a signaficant difference between "Shall" and "Must".....by the letter of the law.

I'm still STUNNED that they'd think about voiding a vehicle warranty because of a SPLITTER. But as my dealer explained, that makes it a "Track Car" (i.e. Competition vehicle) and it says so right in the verbage...."not for on-street driving"!

Phill

Whatever the langauge is, it still cannot go against the laws that govern the industry. Because you show up at the for dealer with the splitter on an LS, cannot by law, be a reason by itself to void the powertrain warranty.

The track pack for the 2013 adds "R" compound tires and coolers. I was told nothing about it voiding the warranty. The track apps is standard from what I was told. Also I did not here about the track pack deleting the fog lights. Anyway the 2014 will make alot of people happy with there Shelby GT500. It probably make some people get upset they bought a 2013 as well.

Whatever the langauge is, it still cannot go against the laws that govern the industry. Because you show up at the for dealer with the splitter on an LS, cannot by law, be a reason by itself to void the powertrain warranty.

Exactly - adding fuzzy dice to the rear view mirror doesn't void the engine warranty. Warranties aren't law and what is written in them isn't by definition legal or relevant to all circumstances.

Unfortunately, one needs a court ruling to determine legality, and if Ford seriously challenges you, that can be very expensive. Take a look the 2nd gear shift threads to see how vague and confusing this all becomes. One guy got his GT500 purchase refunded as he was willing to take Ford to court, others got repairs covered under warranty by dealers, other got screwed as they where denied coverage, and a few owners probably screwed Ford as they really did damage their transmissions with poor driving on the track.

Archived