TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NW BASH attendees???

FordFan1

The wife and I are real close to making a final decission-

Looking for others in the NW to maybe cruise south with if we go

WHO is going for sure?? :yahoo:

WHO is undecided?? :headscratch:

Would you be trying to drive 1100 miles in the 17 hours straight ? Or break it in half and stay in a motel. That is 4 days of travel and 4 days of fun. One would need to get a full week off and Monday of the next week. Then head back to work on a Tuesday.

Or it is a 2 hour flight.

Would you be trying to drive 1100 miles in the 17 hours straight ? Or break it in half and stay in a motel. That is 4 days of travel and 4 days of fun. One would need to get a full week off and Monday of the next week. Then head back to work on a Tuesday.

Or it is a 2 hour flight.

I usually stop around Williams or Sacramento when heading south now days.

Depart on Monday to Williams / Tuesday to Gardena

If I flew, I would go on Friday the week before and enjoy the Nascar weekend then hang out until the 14th

But it wouldn't be the same not driving a Shelby to the 50th, it's the only time this will ever happpen- so I vote to drive

-----------------------------------------------

The drive would be much more tolerable if several people went together. Maybe meet up with several more in CA for the last half of the trip to Gardena. I am on the fence right now. My wife and I are setting here discussing it.

The drive would be much more tolerable if several people went together. Maybe meet up with several more in CA for the last half of the trip to Gardena. I am on the fence right now. My wife and I are setting here discussing it.

Go for it Rob, gas will never be any cheaper, is my thoughts and we will be able see each other cars, plus the fun of a road trip :shift:

Go for it Rob, gas will never be any cheaper, is my thoughts and we will be able see each other cars, plus the fun of a road trip :shift:

I agree with Hans................take the drive Rob.

A fantastic car happy%20feet.gif ................. a beautiful wife :wub: ................. 2500 mile loop together :shift: ................ life is good :sing_rain:

Hi Kerry Robin&I are going for sure But not to gardena-thought we would start in vegas-save a few mi. and little gas $$ the time of year makes me nervous driving mabe trailer?

Good to hear Roger- we are like 95% in, but I want to do the whole experiance including the Gardena to Las Vegas run

A fantastic car happy%20feet.gif ................. a beautiful wife :wub: ................. 2500 mile loop together :shift: ................ life is good :sing_rain:

Yea....what they said! :shift:

++

Rob

It will be a great ride: Lisa and I have done it once or twice LOL . The BIG plus is being able to track your own car!! Sure someone will throw keys at you,but it is not your own car. We would be there in a heart beat if we could track our car. Once you have tracked your car at an event it just would not be the same if you had your car there and could not track it. We will see you two in May and look forward to your track stories. Enjoy the ride.

Glen

I'll be heading over Hw 20 which meets up with 5 right at williams. Already have my bash tickets. Name the time and place, and I'll be there.

Sounds like a plan-

There is no way Tana and I would miss this event. :happy feet: Our 17 year old son David is going to be attending with us too. :happy feet:

We are not going to be able to be away from home for the 8 days it would require if we were to drive our car, so we are making the 2 hour flight on Alaska Air Wednesday morning and will be flying back home Saturday evening. Our flights are booked and paid for now. Since the flight is over 3 months out we were able to book our seats all in one row so the 3 of us can sit together on the round trip flight. $688 for all 3 of us including tax is not a bad deal for this round trip non stop flight.

The 3 of us are looking forward to seeing all our Shelby friends from far and abroad. :)

SO

At this point I'm still looking for folks to caravan with leaving out of the NW on Monday, stopping at Williams Monday night.

Then leave Tuesday to Gardena

Any takers???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blkGT500nCA are you heading out to Gardena or Las Vegas??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO

At this point I'm still looking for folks to caravan with leaving out of the NW on Monday, stopping at Williams Monday night.

Then leave Tuesday to Gardena

Any takers???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blkGT500nCA are you heading out to Gardena or Las Vegas??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was planning on going to Gardena. I'll cruise down with ya! :shift:

I was planning on going to Gardena. I'll cruise down with ya! :shift:

Excellent :)

I would only change my destination (direct to Vegas) if I end up towing because of unfavorable road/weather conditions thru the Siskiyou's

Anyone else- crickets

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Current plan is to leave Portland area 9am to Sacramento on Monday (9.5 hrs) - then Sacramento to Gardena (6 hrs) on Tuesday arriving around 3pm

Roger / Rogshelby2103

Kerry / FordFan1

Joining up with the convoy in Sacramento Tuesday AM

Brian / blkGT500nCA

I started a new thread on the NW convoy here

http://www.teamshelb...to-bash-for-nw/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I am in...either the Greek Baron who was there last year who is the wrench for the real Cobra that never goes from the NW (and a few Ferraris) and I or wife and kid....no trailers this year...cheers!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Sounds great I will add you to the other thread.- BTW 4mph over isn't going to cut it ;)

Made that drive countless times..............lots and lots of family from Salem OR to Battleground WA.

Safe travels to the PNW TS members. See you in a few months. :happy feet:

Thanks-

This will be my 3rd speciality car convoy run from the NW to Cali-

2004 SHO Nationals - Vallejo

2006 Bullitt Nationals - San Francisco

• 4 weeks later...

I have made Hotel reservation in Sacramento for Monday March 12th- if anyone cares to join us PM and I will send you details

Archived