TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR unique questions??

S8MS-01904

Trying to get up to speed on these Shelby's, as I feel like I want one.... (prefer Red '08 - shaker 1000)

Other than the four colors (Blue, Silver, Black & Red) and either Navigation or Shaker 1000, was there and other options? In a sense when new you would pick color and radio, that's it. Right?

Did "All" KR's get the stripe package?

How are the clutches holding up on these vs. the "standard" GT500?

Can the tires still be purchased new today?

Anything else I should watch for when hunting one down?

Trying to get up to speed on these Shelby's, as I feel like I want one.... (prefer Red '08 - shaker 1000)

I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS IN BOLD.

Other than the four colors (Blue, Silver, Black & Red) and either Navigation or Shaker 1000, was there and other options? In a sense when new you would pick color and radio, that's it. Right? PRETTY MUCH CORRECT ON THIS.

Did "All" KR's get the stripe package? YES

How are the clutches holding up on these vs. the "standard" GT500? THEY ARE HOLDING UP GOOD, HAVEN'T HEARD OF ANY PROBLEMS. MY 09 CLUTCH IS DOING GREAT AT 15K

Can the tires still be purchased new today? YES

Anything else I should watch for when hunting one down? BEWARE....YOUR GOING TO LOVE THIS CAR WHEN YOU OWN IT.

PS- YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE, YOU CAN'T FIND A BETTER BUNCH OF GUYS AND GALS.

OK, now another few questions:

Was Ambient lighting on all the cars or did was that a separate option?

Can the "colors" be changed similar to the "old" My Color" that was advertised with the '05 Mustang?

Thanks again.

As far as I know it came w/ KR package. Abient lighting does change color, I think mine has about 6 colors. Sort of a gimic, don't drive in dark much. If I were you I'd get Shaker 1000. My 500 is sort of weak, the car is loud and the speakers just don't handle it that well. That being said, I don't drive my KR to listen to the radio, I drive it to listen to the whine of the super charger and the roar of the exhaust. Never gets old and I never tire of the way it turns heads. You can't believe the roar at start up, it gets anyone's attention who is within a couple of hundred feet!

My son in law could hear my supercharger whine over a block away as I accelerated onto a nearby highway this summer. I have 8600 miles on my KR and will keep driving!!!!!!

I am considering buying a spare set of stripes for my KR so that when the paint gets chipped up (only a matter of time) I can install the stripes after a re-spray. My question is will the stripes hold up to long term storage or will they get stiff and the adhesive go bad? Anyone have any ideas?

Other than the four colors (Blue, Silver, Black & Red) and either Navigation or Shaker 1000, was there and other options? In a sense when new you would pick color and radio, that's it. Right?

Did "All" KR's get the stripe package?

How are the clutches holding up on these vs. the "standard" GT500?

Can the tires still be purchased new today?

Anything else I should watch for when hunting one down?

Two GT500KRs that I know of did not receive the stripe package. These were actually pre-build prototype units. I bought one of them and added the side rocker stripes to it.

You can purchase OEM tires from Shelby that have the right date code, etc. They are also available from Goodyear.

OK, now another few questions:

Was Ambient lighting on all the cars or did was that a separate option?

Can the "colors" be changed similar to the "old" My Color" that was advertised with the '05 Mustang?

Thanks again.

Ambient lighting was on all GT500KRs.

Blue is the rarest KR, followed by red.

Archived