TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions???

S8MS-01904

OK, looking to find a KR and got some questions.

Do the KR's have tire pressure sensor's and do they display each tire pressure or merely a warning light?

Do the KR's have the "Sync" radio feature?

Do the KR's have the tire kit in the trunk and no spare or jack?

Other than the badging, is the "08's & "09's the same? Are there any other differences?

Is there a Boost gage in the dash cluster or is that part of the upfitters group?

Sorry for all the newbe questions, but I need to get up to speed on these so I can have one in my garage. So, if you have a Red '08 KR your thinking about getting rid of, let me know.....

OK, looking to find a KR and got some questions.

Do the KR's have tire pressure sensor's and do they display each tire pressure or merely a warning light?

Do the KR's have the "Sync" radio feature?

Do the KR's have the tire kit in the trunk and no spare or jack?

Other than the badging, is the "08's & "09's the same? Are there any other differences?

Is there a Boost gage in the dash cluster or is that part of the upfitters group?

Sorry for all the newbe questions, but I need to get up to speed on these so I can have one in my garage. So, if you have a Red '08 KR your thinking about getting rid of, let me know.....

I own a KR so Yes to TP sensors and only a warning light.

NO to SYNC as that is only on 2010 and above ( and no you can't upfit it without major re-wiring, etc...)

Yes to tire kit , no to jack

Boost gage in cluster ( same as GT500) also available on upfit tri gage dash mounted unit

There were only a couple hundred red KRs made so it will be difficult but not impossible to find one.

Any other ?s just PM me.

Andy

Somewhat deciding to settling for Silver. It's growing on me, but prefer Red.

1st choice: '08 Red, Shaker1000, no front plate mounted, under 3,000 miles, TSB completed, all documentation & unique paraphernalia.

2nd choice: '09 Red, same as above.

3rd choice: "08 or '09 Silver, Shaker1000, no front plate mounted, under 3,000 miles, TSB completed or still able to be completed, all documentation & unique paraphernalia.

So a hunting I should go.........

Whatever you do I would tell you not to "settle". It has always been my experience that once you settle, then whatever your looking for will show up. If you want a red KR one will become available at or close to the price your comfortable with. With the new GT500s making 650 h.p. most people wouldn't be looking at a four or five year old KR. While I think it's great that the new GT500 is making so much power, I think the KR is still the best looking Shelby Mustang and I can't get 540 horses to hook, let alone 650. After I purchased my black '08 with Shaker 1000, I ran across a red '08 with Nav. The dealer had had it a long time and most people wanted the newest Shelby offering. My wife said it was like it was meant for us to find this car. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the silver KRs, but if you want a torch red one, then that's what I would look for. Good luck! :salute:

Somewhat deciding to settling for Silver. It's growing on me, but prefer Red.

1st choice: '08 Red, Shaker1000, no front plate mounted, under 3,000 miles, TSB completed, all documentation & unique paraphernalia.

2nd choice: '09 Red, same as above.

3rd choice: "08 or '09 Silver, Shaker1000, no front plate mounted, under 3,000 miles, TSB completed or still able to be completed, all documentation & unique paraphernalia.

So a hunting I should go.........

S8MS-01904,

Here's a link to a new 2009 Silver KR available in the San Francisco Bay Area http://www.jamesford.com/new/Ford/2009-Ford-Shelby+GT500-san-jose-bay-area-dc1ba9d30a0a000201f365b27ab4e2f5.htm Good luck in your search. The KR is indeed very special...

Seems most of my previous Mustangs have been red. '66 fastback, '68 GT500 fastback, '93 Cobra, '04 Cobra convertible. Although, I've have other colors: '85 1/2 SVO in Medium Charcoal, '65 convertible in Ivy Green, '65 convertible in Springtime Yellow, '71 coupe in Brown, '89 GT in Blue.

So, WTH, gotta get the best KR for the money 1st, color 2nd.

Here is a red one for you. Low mileage '09 with the Shaker 1000. It's been on ebay for awile. If you can get the seller to drop its price to $55K, I would say that it is a fair deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500KR-540HP-ONE-OWNER-615-MI-/110780634316?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19cb0a54cc

Also an '09 silver with the Alcoa 20s. This one has the nav instead of the Shaker 1000, but reserve is already met at $50K. You may be able to get this one at a good price. Just make sure that the seller also has the original Alcoa 18s. Otherwise, you should take that into consideration when you bid. I have added the 20s myself, but wouldn't part with the OEM 18s. In the long run, not having the OEM wheels will hurt the value of this car, and if you don't buy a set now, they may be hard to find in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Ford-Mustang-GT500KR-Shelby-Cobra-/220899675691?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336ea58e2b

Good luck with your purchase.

Here's a few that may be close to you:

There is a new untitled 09 GT500KR in Silver/Blue at Mountain Ford in Bryson City NC. It's actually at the dealer's owners house. I've exchanged emails with him and spoke with him last week - 60K was the lowest he would go. Car has 100 miles on it I believe. Still has all the stickers, etc on the windows from when it was delivered is what he told me.

There is an 08 GT500KR in Silver/Blue at Whitewater Motors in West Harrison OH, near the border of Indiana. Stopped by there yesterday, they keep it in a climate controlled garage off site from the dealer. From what I understand, they would take approximately 63K for it. Car has 50 miles on it I believe.

Also an 08 GT500KR in Silver/Blue located at Wheels Unlimited in Valparaiso IN. I think the asking price is around 64K, might be able to get it for a little cheaper. I've exchanged a couple emails with them, car has 20 miles on it.

Hope you find your KR !! I've been looking for awhile, but think I might just try to find a nice low mileage 08/09 GT500, instead of a KR.

Archived