TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Pictures

03 DSG Snake

Sorry all, host was having issues yesterday and today.

All Galleries working in full again. :shoppingcart_:

LA-Autoshow-002.jpg

Great picture library, thank you for posting them, really appreciated it.

Best regards,

braztang

There is probably a reason SVT designed it like that. Mod will reduce performance of the cooling system and possibly change aero. Grill mods are for dorks with Nissan Titans.

For street driving I wouldn't mind extra protection from rocks and debris.

My track car loves picking up rock chips and other marks from flying rocks/rubber. I wonder how well the GT500 coolers will hold up without any protection. :shift:

There is probably a reason SVT designed it like that. Mod will reduce performance of the cooling system and possibly change aero. Grill mods are for dorks with Nissan Titans.

Agreed, looks badass without plastic grill.. i wanna see what the track pack looks like w fog delete.. To get the black roof do you hafta order sunroof? Sunroof adds a lot of weight right?

My track car loves picking up rock chips and other marks from flying rocks/rubber. I wonder how well the GT500 coolers will hold up without any protection. :shift:

Dude check your grille sometime. It hardly offers any protection. Gigantic diamond shaped holes.

Must I also bring up birds like I did in another thread? (even though it is a rarity for that to happen.)

I did not see the car personally, but I assume there must me a protection "something" in front of the radiator, as far as I can see in the pictures, it looks like there is a FLAP type of deflector in the upper side of the uper HOLE, actually deflecting downwards! MAYBE.

Anyone seen that personally?

Plus, as a pilot, I find it a bit dangerous to assume that NOTHING will fly right into it when you are cruising on a highway! it could be a problem, BUT I am sure the designers thought of it before hand and it is built to handle that issue as well! hopefully.

The GRILL, independently of the size will always be a better protecion than nothing, as one of the members suggested! bird strike!

anyway, I want one, WITH or WITHOUT the GRILL!

Safe ride,

braztang

Somebody is going to design a nice grill mod to install in those 2 openings.

Or they can just trade me their 2013 open grille for my 2010 egg-crate grille! In a HOT NEW YORK SECOND...

Personally, I believe, as I pointed out to SS94 in another thread, that birdstrikes are extreamly RARE on the road (at least right in the grille).

But those damn rubber tire chunks are a whole different story. I'd be *considerably* more worried about a big ol' chuck of rubber taking out a radiator or intercooler than I would a bird taking it out. I nailed a bat one time but never a bird...but I've had many MANY chunks of rubber tires nail my cars over the years. And they typically cause SOME kind of damage, depending on there size/age.

I've always wondered where they come from. I think they try to cross the road and night and then.........BLAM! One less truck tire trying to cross the road with pieces of it all over the place!

Phill

Just got back from the LA auto show. Pretty cool that Ford let everyone sit behind the wheel of new GT500. No grill. Multiplane spoiler looks pretty cool. With the possible exception of the cheap hood scoope, the front view is pretty good. Looks very purposeful and tough.

In person I found the GT500 back to look really busy. Stripes, plates, Shelby letters, spoiler, quad exhaust, etc. At least for me, the Schoolbus Yellow Boss worked much better looks wise from the rear and cleaner overall. Maybe not as tough looking as the GT500. But Ford got the message and really cleaned up the Boss from last years overly busy schemes. Wish Ford would offer the Boss hood and rear seat delete on the Shelby.

These are just nits. Overall, I'd probably rate the 13's as better looking than the 12's, with the Boss being most improved. Other than the new gauges, interiors looked the same.

The cut out engines where really cool up close. Lots of shock and awe of random show attendees when they stumbled on the HP figure.

I think you did a great job on describing what you've seen, in fact by looking at the pictures I can see that the rear end is too busy, and I can see that if there will be an option of Stirpe DELETE, then it will look just mad awesome!

Thank yo for the update, really appreciated it.

Best regards

braztang

Just got back from the LA auto show. Pretty cool that Ford let everyone sit behind the wheel of new GT500. No grill. Multiplane spoiler looks pretty cool. With the possible exception of the cheap hood scoope, the front view is pretty good. Looks very purposeful and tough.

In person I found the GT500 back to look really busy. Stripes, plates, Shelby letters, spoiler, quad exhaust, etc. At least for me, the Schoolbus Yellow Boss worked much better looks wise from the rear and cleaner overall. Maybe not as tough looking as the GT500. But Ford got the message and really cleaned up the Boss from last years overly busy schemes. Wish Ford would offer the Boss hood and rear seat delete on the Shelby.

These are just nits. Overall, I'd probably rate the 13's as better looking than the 12's, with the Boss being most improved. Other than the new gauges, interiors looked the same.

The cut out engines where really cool up close. Lots of shock and awe of random show attendees when they stumbled on the HP figure.

I don't like the front end on the 2013 Boss. I do agree the LS was over the top. But the regular 2012 Boss is what I went out and bought # 185 used after seeing the 2013.This car ROCKS and I have owned alot of Shelby's

post-9597-0-41204700-1322753547_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-41204700-1322753547_thumb.jpg

I don't like the front end on the 2013 Boss. I do agree the LS was over the top. But the regular 2012 Boss is what I went out and bought # 185 used after seeing the 2013.This car ROCKS and I have owned alot of Shelby's

I saw one of the orange ones at my local dealer and *really* liked it. The sales lady didn't but was all ga-ga over the Black/black SS that came in.....

And I *really* like the new School bus yellow too.

To each his own,

Phill

Archived