TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR SURPLUS PARTS FOR SALE

robertlane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will pay cash for a torch red hood, pins, and airbox.

in8doc@hotmail.com

Frank,

You know you are going to make Hogwart and his rough talking cohorts mad if you try to buy KR parts illegally. By law (I think) you can't own KR parts if you don't own a GT500KR. So with that said, keep it quiet, but a little birdy let out that more KR parts are coming up on Fleabay. :yup:

Ummm... Perhaps you didn't see the chill part.... But you further support my statement with your little tirade below... I just think you are getting worked up to attack another Shelby member who was asking if the prices were going to be made public... I don't know if he does or doesn't own a KR but obviously you must know he doesn't.. So... If he doesn't the way I understand it is he couldn't order the parts anyway... So in my opinion for you to go off on him as you did was just a wee bit over the top.. That's all... You can go ahead and puff out your chest and be proud of your KR... Just as my dad is now of his newly acquired one... But relax a bit on the Kool aid ... You have a great KR...u love ur KR... And you are proud of the limited quantity of them and don't want anyone else to build a KR.. Guess what ... No one can...they can build a car to look like anything they want.. But it will still be what it is.. So just enjoy your car and don't stress so much

biggrin.gif

First, TELLING me to "chill" will get my standard response, which I cannot state here for reasons of decorum (you're a smart guy, you figure it out) . If that guy had a registered KR, he'll know the prices soon enough when he gets his brochure.

I've seen just too many "fakes" of various Mustangs (even military vehicles, which are my real interest) and it bothers me, yup, that's MY problem. I guess it doesn't bother anyone else. The most recient example I saw was a "beautifully restored 67 Shelby by a father and son team." The guy was really broken up about loosing such a amazing car to a drunk driver. After pictures were posted, it was revealed to be a 6 cyl. car, with a Chevy small block and aftermarket fiberglass. Still the guy was adamant it was a "Shelby" :rolleyes: Do we really need to rehash the "Original Eleanor" thing?

I've seen literally dozens of fakes and other rubbish being passed off as "real" in my 49 years. Unfortunately, I've even seen people getting duped by such scum. SA has done a fine thing by keeping a registry to help prevent this, but without authentic parts, this fraud becomes harder and harder to do. Restricting the sale of one single significant part can go a long way to preven this fraud. The KR hood and splitter seem to be those parts on the KR, they are hard to duplicate without a HUGE investment. If I'm not mistaken, the KR had a delay of some 6-7 months just getting those parts up to the quality required for the car. I could care less about SA selling axle reservoirs, springs, struts shocks, etc from the KR, just a few major critical easily identifyiable items would do. Guess what, that's what they have been doing, hoods, splitters and wheels have been limited availability. There will be leakage, like that guy that hit a deer :hysterical2: and parted his KR out, but that can't be helped.

I'm not happy the car died, I tried to buy it before the crash but he couldn't deliver a title. I drove over 270 miles in a winter snow storm to go buy it, money ready to wire. (Remember that Grabber?) I was the bad guy for not giving him the money for a car he couldn't prove he owned, we even went to the DMV. Hmmmmm, I must be getting slow in my advancing age, he probably NEVER, EVER got the title thing straightened, hence he HAD to part it out to get some money out of it. Finally makes sense, been pondering that one. :doh:

My KR is the least rare of all my toys and far from my favorite. Even my Scorpion tank drove more miles last year, my Oshkosh HEMTT drove 15 times more miles. It's a nice car but I think I bought it more out of habit, I've had a Mustang of some kind almost continiously since I bought my first one 34 years ago. Is it the nicest Mustang I've ever had, yes, but so would a 2013 when those come out. My wife likes driving it so we'll probably keep it for a LONG time, hence the spare parts, she's been afraid for the splitter though. Her Raptor doesn't have that low clearance problem so she has to really think when parking the car.

I'm glad your daddy has one, perhaps he'll let you wash it someday.

"Hogwart" out.

Wow I never knew Randy hit a deer with that KR.

I wonder why he had the car but not title. He must of had a lien on it.

He claimed to have traded his Boss 302 to a dealer for a GT500 and the KR. The GT500 was gone when I went to buy the KR. Even if the dealer had a lein on the car, the car would have been in the DMV system. The dealer could have held the MSO and not given it to him NOR regestered it with the state, that is certainly possible. He showed Jane and I a plate and registration that he claimed were for the car. Was he trying to defraud me and stick me with a car with no valid paperwork? I dunno, I can't really say.

Grabber, if I'm not mistaken, it was HIS insurance claim that set off the whole $20,000+ KR hood and other parts issue. I do know it was him who tried to sell all the parts on eBay and stated in the listing he was parting out the rest of the car.

Removed by author to get back on topic.. Saw the prices by the way!!! Some really great deals for sure

the prices are good. I noticed the H pipe was cheaper then the after market one that Wes sells.

edit: spelling

I got my brochure over a week ago and have placed a couple of orders. Shelbypt, I don't know how much inventory they have but if I were you I would call SPP and talk with Justin. BTW, SPP requires KR parts buyers to fax their latest vehicle registrations to them before you can place an order.

I spoke with Tim today at SA and just wanted to know if these parts will be available in the future and the answer was yes.......just not at these prices. I was worried once the stuff was sold that was it but he seemed to indicate they would be available in the future just at a higher price. Just an FYI for those of you on the fence. If you have the extra cash it may not be a bad idea to pick up an extra front splitter. They won't survive forever.

SVT

I wonder what the shipping is on the front splitter. Anyone here order one?

Yes I did, but other stuff too, so my shipping bill would be no help (I ordered 4 wheels and tires and a few little items and shipping came to less than $300). I had a similar sized item, a CF rear diffuser cover, shipped a year or so ago from another company and as I recall it was about $100.00, because of the size of the box.

Yes I did, but other stuff too, so my shipping bill would be no help (I ordered 4 wheels and tires and a few little items and shipping came to less than $300). I had a similar sized item, a CF rear diffuser cover, shipped a year or so ago from another company and as I recall it was about $100.00, because of the size of the box.

Huh? You ordered wheels and tires and a few other things and shipping was under $300? Do you live next door to SAI? Like a block away? I TRIED....to order wheels and tires. Shipping quoted from Tim for just wheels and tires was over $400. And I live 3 hours away from Las Vegas. I said forget it.

Shipping for the front spllitter was $125. Size of the box they said. That is on the way. Along with the rims....JUST...the rims. Which was about $85 in shipping.

I'd like to know how they quote their shipping prices if your total was under $300 and mine was over $400 for just wheels and tires. Makes no sense.

Imagine the guy that was on here previously having to buy a splitter because his cracked. I hope he got it repaired as someone suggested. Because if he paid the $3500 for a new one, then saw these prices, he'd be surely upset. I don't know why the prices were so jacked to begin with, frankly. These should have been the prices to begin with.

Huh? You ordered wheels and tires and a few other things and shipping was under $300? Do you live next door to SAI? Like a block away? I TRIED....to order wheels and tires. Shipping quoted from Tim for just wheels and tires was over $400. And I live 3 hours away from Las Vegas. I said forget it.

Shipping for the front spllitter was $125. Size of the box they said. That is on the way. Along with the rims....JUST...the rims. Which was about $85 in shipping.

I'd like to know how they quote their shipping prices if your total was under $300 and mine was over $400 for just wheels and tires. Makes no sense.

Imagine the guy that was on here previously having to buy a splitter because his cracked. I hope he got it repaired as someone suggested. Because if he paid the $3500 for a new one, then saw these prices, he'd be surely upset. I don't know why the prices were so jacked to begin with, frankly. These should have been the prices to begin with.

Yep, I live in PA and shipping was $400 for wheels and tires since they have to be shipped via truck freight so it looks like it might be a flat rate... Fantastic deal though even with the shipping added in! Also, I spoke with the KR owner who cracked his splitter and he did order one at the new special price as soon as it was announced (timing is everything).

That was the "quote" I was given, it is on the invoice. Will the pallet arrive with additional funds due? I have no idea and won't whine for an extra $100. SAI is 1100+ miles from here and FUEL ALONE to go get them would be over $800 in my pickup. Mine may have been a misquote, it happens, even at $400 my answer would have been "yes".

I had a pallet of 30 shocks (big, HEAVY things, for a 8x8 Oshkosh HEMTT truck) move from GA to WA on a pallet that weighed more than the wheels, tires and other goodies for $168. That was from terminal to terminal though.

Looks like your shipping for the rims is very reasonable, they (shipping companies) really nick you for BIG boxes, like the splitter must come in.

Nice to hear the guy with the cracked splitter will be able to get it replaced for a MUCH better price!

Yep, I live in PA and shipping was $400 for wheels and tires since they have to be shipped via truck freight so it looks like it might be a flat rate... Fantastic deal though even with the shipping added in! Also, I spoke with the KR owner who cracked his splitter and he did order one at the new special price as soon as it was announced (timing is everything).

The FedEx fellows dropped the new set of four KR rims, tires and caps last night at the house. I paid a tad over $250 for shipping and I live in CO. Looking over the shipping paperwork it appears that the shipping might (again might) be a little higher when they ship to a residents vs a business. You might want to check with TS when you place an order.

The FedEx fellows dropped the new set of four KR rims, tires and caps last night at the house. I paid a tad over $250 for shipping and I live in CO. Looking over the shipping paperwork it appears that the shipping might (again might) be a little higher when they ship to a residents vs a business. You might want to check with TS when you place an order.

Hmm, mine came on a pallet wrapped in enough foam and cellophane to stop a bullet loaded on the back of a 48' semi truck. The gross shipping weight was 272 pounds...

I was gonna order a spare KR splitter, but then I started thinking. Wouldn't my insurance company (BJ/Delp/Chartis) cover that if it's damaged? :headscratch:

They should, but they may have a problem paying the $3500 or whatever the normal cost for one is. My guess is, and it is a guess, that the prices will resume at the prior levels after inventories of spare parts reaches the desired level.

I was gonna order a spare KR splitter, but then I started thinking. Wouldn't my insurance company (BJ/Delp/Chartis) cover that if it's damaged? :headscratch:

Yes, they would. But I bought mine in case of another issue (road debris, curb etc)...where this wouldn't be a claim...

Archived