TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR SURPLUS PARTS FOR SALE

robertlane

If you're a 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR owner and you're in Ford or Shelby's address database, than you'll be getting a special letter via U.S. mail inviting you to purchase genuine O.E.M. GT500KR parts.

Shelby American and Ford warehoused a large supply of GT500KR parts for warranty and service replacement, however, the warranty and service rates have been exceptionally low. And while we'll continue to warehouse GT500KR O.E.M. replacement parts for some time to come, we need to purge some of our inventory.

What this means to GT500KR owners is that you'll be able to purchase some spare parts.

Here's what you'll be able to purchase now:

• GT500KR hood.

• GT500KR hood pins.

• GT500KR complete stripe kits.

• GT500KR front floor mat set.

• GT500KR head rests.

• GT500KR rear spoiler.

• GT500KR front lower splitter.

• GT500KR wheel center caps.

• GT500KR polished wheels.

• GT500KR wheel and tire (sold individually - one wheel and one tire).

• GT500KR rear axle reservoir.

• GT500KR cold air kit. Includes box and air filter.

• GT500KR unique H-pipe.

• GT500KR front sway bar.

• GT500KR shifter kit: assembly, lever and ball.

• GT500KR handling package: struts, shocks and springs.

These parts are only available to current GT500KR owners. Quantities are limited from Shelby and restrictions on how many of each part that you can purchase are also limited. No discounts apply.

Proof of vehicle ownership is required. Fax your vehicle registration to: 702-920-8131. To order, call 702.405.3500.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert,

I have bought my KR only recently so I'm pretty sure I won't receive this letter. Could you post a copy of this letter. I guess the letter likely includes the pricing and quantities that can be ordered, which I would like to know about.

Thanks

Robert,

I have bought my KR only recently so I'm pretty sure I won't receive this letter. Could you post a copy of this letter. I guess the letter likely includes the pricing and quantities that can be ordered, which I would like to know about.

Thanks

Fax your information in and you can then call to inquire and order.

I'm not going to post prices as it isn't my place BUT I will say that the prices are a large discount from what you've seen. I bought wheels and tires w/caps, floor mats, CF front splitter (insurance, you know, DaveC beats me up every time he sees one on my car) and stripe kit. All to go into dark storage, just in case I bugger somethin' up. The hood and pins are resonable for what you get, it was tempting . . .

All done with the wife's blessing, she likes spare parts.

Will pay cash for a torch red hood, pins, and airbox.

in8doc@hotmail.com

I highly doubt anyone will take you up on your kind offer, it might incur the wrath of SA. Is there anything other than cash? Sexual favors might be a bit sticky :hysterical:

Further, they come raw (unpainted) and you still don't know the price do you?

Robert, are the prices going to be made public or not?

Why would that matter if you know the price or not? If you don't own a KR, they aren't for sale to you. I for one appreciate them keeping the parts EXCLUSIVE to the people whay actually PAID for a KR. They can't keep them all exclusive due to wrecks and occasional leakage, but they can and do keep the migration minimal. They have gone a long way to demonstrate why I'm going to be buying more of their goodies soon.

C'mon other KR owners, buy the parts, but please, lets keep them to ourselves. As it stands, we have avaliable MOST of the parts needed to turn a GT500 into a KR, we don't need any (more?) fakes further eroding the market.

Wow... Take a chill man... It's cool to be proud of owning a car like a KR...but pump the brakes a bit on the elitist attitude ... I understand you want to protect the KR heritage and all but jeesh..

On another note .. It's good to see Shelby extending this to KR owners.. I will share this with my father ( a proud KR owner now.. Albeit his will be a garage queen) LOL

Why would that matter if you know the price or not? If you don't own a KR, they aren't for sale to you. I for one appreciate them keeping the parts EXCLUSIVE to the people whay actually PAID for a KR. They can't keep them all exclusive due to wrecks and occasional leakage, but they can and do keep the migration minimal. They have gone a long way to demonstrate why I'm going to be buying more of their goodies soon.

C'mon other KR owners, buy the parts, but please, lets keep them to ourselves. As it stands, we have avaliable MOST of the parts needed to turn a GT500 into a KR, we don't need any (more?) fakes further eroding the market.

Wow... Take a chill man... It's cool to be proud of owning a car like a KR...but pump the brakes a bit on the elitist attitude ... I understand you want to protect the KR heritage and all but jeesh..

REALLY, then tell me WHY Shelby American has taken all the trouble to protect these parts for the last 3 years? YES, to protect their brand and as a side benefit, it protects our cars VALUE. At least at first, SA REQUIRED, in order to get a replacement hood or splitter, you to FIRST return your damaged unit before being able to purchase a replacement. They were protecting the BRAND!

Elitist my butt, they gave us limited production numbers and now with all these parts becoming available, how many "new KR's" can be created, albeit without a serial number? We paid a huge premium, based on MSRP, for the exclusivity of the parts on these cars. SA has been kind enough to allow us owners to purchase some of their remaining stock for a reason, so the parts go to those who BOUGHT the cars and to clear their excess inventory which must cost a highly significant sum to warehouse.

My KR is NOT an investment, if it were it would be a bad one (I paid $72K two years ago) but saying that, why would KR owners want to dilute the value of their cars? To me, the KR is my favorite Mustang (a toy), not some highly prized possession, that honor is reserved for certain vehicles in our military vehicle collection. Why though, should we be happy about polluting the market with OEM parts that were exclusive to our cars? I suspect that if a significant number of these parts aren't snached up by us owners, then SA might just have to sell the remainder on the open market. I hope this doesn't happen, but it might.

Ummm... Perhaps you didn't see the chill part.... But you further support my statement with your little tirade below... I just think you are getting worked up to attack another Shelby member who was asking if the prices were going to be made public... I don't know if he does or doesn't own a KR but obviously you must know he doesn't.. So... If he doesn't the way I understand it is he couldn't order the parts anyway... So in my opinion for you to go off on him as you did was just a wee bit over the top.. That's all... You can go ahead and puff out your chest and be proud of your KR... Just as my dad is now of his newly acquired one... But relax a bit on the Kool aid ... You have a great KR...u love ur KR... And you are proud of the limited quantity of them and don't want anyone else to build a KR.. Guess what ... No one can...they can build a car to look like anything they want.. But it will still be what it is.. So just enjoy your car and don't stress so much

:D

REALLY, then tell me WHY Shelby American has taken all the trouble to protect these parts for the last 3 years? YES, to protect their brand and as a side benefit, it protects our cars VALUE. At least at first, SA REQUIRED, in order to get a replacement hood or splitter, you to FIRST return your damaged unit before being able to purchase a replacement. They were protecting the BRAND!

Elitist my butt, they gave us limited production numbers and now with all these parts becoming available, how many "new KR's" can be created, albeit without a serial number? We paid a huge premium, based on MSRP, for the exclusivity of the parts on these cars. SA has been kind enough to allow us owners to purchase some of their remaining stock for a reason, so the parts go to those who BOUGHT the cars and to clear their excess inventory which must cost a highly significant sum to warehouse.

My KR is NOT an investment, if it were it would be a bad one (I paid $72K two years ago) but saying that, why would KR owners want to dilute the value of their cars? To me, the KR is my favorite Mustang (a toy), not some highly prized possession, that honor is reserved for certain vehicles in our military vehicle collection. Why though, should we be happy about polluting the market with OEM parts that were exclusive to our cars? I suspect that if a significant number of these parts aren't snached up by us owners, then SA might just have to sell the remainder on the open market. I hope this doesn't happen, but it might.

The last time I checked clones were legal. It is the highest form of flattery that one could have for a car that they love....but can not afford.

Great post Grabber!! +1,000

Sure the Cobra (427, 289 et al) is the most reproduced, recreated, tributed, cloned, copied car on the planet, however, those are being built with repop parts...what I wouldn't want to happen is the genuine KR parts get diluted and installed in 6 bangers or whatever.....if you want a KR clone, go ahead, but buy a Tru-Fiber hood instead....

The last time I checked clones were legal. It is the highest form of flattery that one could have for a car that they love....but can not afford.

Not always true. Sometimes it's that you don't want to totally destroy all said value of the car. By the time Tob and I get done with a car most would be crying. My Fox Saleen clone I built wasn't because I couldn't afford a Saleen...it was because when all was said and done there would be very little "Saleen" left. Same with the Shelby...I mean the first thing I did was de-stripe it and got rid of the letters on the back.

But yes, generally, that statement holds true. Oh, and the price list is public elsewhere....really good prices I must say.

Sure the Cobra (427, 289 et al) is the most reproduced, recreated, tributed, cloned, copied car on the planet, however, those are being built with repop parts...what I wouldn't want to happen is the genuine KR parts get diluted and installed in 6 bangers or whatever.....if you want a KR clone, go ahead, but buy a Tru-Fiber hood instead....

Very true but I'm sure you more than most know that when it comes to clones the market decides the value. There are a ton of 68KR clones that won't bring 40% of an authentic documented KR. When it's all said and done the value is determined by the VIN and the CSM plate. I really have no issues if someone bought all the authentic KR parts and put them on a 6cyl. It still won't equal a KR and when pressed for documentation they would speak for themselves. You brought up the best example possible with the Cobras. Price a clone and an authentic S/C 427 example. :)

I respect SAI's choice to keep the parts to KR owners only however really don't get worked up at all over clones (even with some real KR parts on them). I also agree that it would be FAR more cost effective to get aftermarket look a like parts for a clone VS putting many thousands into authentic parts and still have a clone in the end.

On another note .. It's good to see Shelby extending this to KR owners.. I will share this with my father ( a proud KR owner now.. Albeit his will be a garage queen) LOL

Thanks Chef.

...tell me WHY Shelby American has taken all the trouble to protect these parts for the last 3 years?

I suspect that if a significant number of these parts aren't snached up by us owners, then SA might just have to sell the remainder on the open market. I hope this doesn't happen, but it might.

Protect them? From the list Robert posted, there are items that SA has sold to the public whether you own a KR or not. The V6 spoiler (and painted at that), the axle reservoir (I have bought one of those welded works of art myself), the H-pipe (yup, bought one of them too!), as well as the sway bar. I purchased KR springs/struts/shocks from Buyfordracing. The KR shift mechanism is available through Ford racing (but the original KR stick/ball are not) and I have that too. The KR filter is available anywhere as well as the CAI housing (as part of FRPP parts packages).

I knew that the list would eventually be posted elsewhere as I would assume Robert did as well. I simply asked if the prices would be posted here along with curiosity over the hood price.

So your hopes and suspicions haven't impacted the fact that much of that parts list has already been for sale and by none other than the Shelby entity itself.

By the time Tob and I get done with a car most would be crying....I mean the first thing I did was de-stripe it and got rid of the letters on the back.

I'd have done the same thing to a KR had I $72,000 to burn up!

When letters go out in the mail it becomes public knowledge pretty darn quick.

Exactly.

If it matters, I really don't care whether George Washington signed the dashboard. If a part works, I try to use it and it doesn't matter if it says Saleen, Shelby, Mercury, or whatever. If the Plasan hood worked better than the one from Tiger Racing, I'd be interested in it and would have gotten one - regardless of any sales rules by the mother ship. I understand the desire to maintain exclusivity and I have no intent to crash anyone's party. That is all.

lol, when I got the letter today, I ran here to see the fall out.......lol

Yes, prices are "good" compared to what we're "used" to hearing.

I'm, going to pick up another set of center caps to go with the spare set of rims/tires I have, and perhaps another hood w/lock set.

My only concern is, if something were to happen to my KR 20 years from now, would I be able to find a replacement part for it ?

Archived