TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Dash finish

Mulanzo

• 3 months later...

Reviving this old post because I can't find the answer either....wondering if I can transfer my airbag cover from my 2012 to a 2013? This is especially important to me since the autograph program is suspended at the CSF for now.

Just remember that until someone sees one come off the PRODUCTION LINE, all bets are off...

Most of the show cars are just that, cobbled together "show cars" - oftem times displaying things that are not available "packaged" together.

Case in point, the 2011 and 2012 Shelby GT500 show cars had heated seats (or at least the controls for them) displayed. Yet, they were not available to order...

And please dont flame me (I know some of you want to) on why someone would want heated seats in a car thats not supposed to be driven in sub-40 degree weather, mine is a Vert, and if I had heated seats I might have had the top down in the 50 degree weather we had in NJ this weekend.

Just remember that until someone sees one come off the PRODUCTION LINE, all bets are off...

Most of the show cars are just that, cobbled together "show cars" - oftem times displaying things that are not available "packaged" together.

Case in point, the 2011 and 2012 Shelby GT500 show cars had heated seats (or at least the controls for them) displayed. Yet, they were not available to order...

And please dont flame me (I know some of you want to) on why someone would want heated seats in a car thats not supposed to be driven in sub-40 degree weather, mine is a Vert, and if I had heated seats I might have had the top down in the 50 degree weather we had in NJ this weekend.

No flaming here...I love heated seats..they are great especially for a sore back but I also love my A/C...soooo...Many a time I've had the a/c blasting and the heated seats on especially on a long drive...best of both worlds I say..

I drove all the way to the Cleveland Auto Show to see the 2013 GT500 this weekend and it wasn't even there! The best car they had was a normal green Boss 302. The rest of the Mustangs were 2012 models! I am pissed at Ford right now. They were the only company at the show without people on the floor or models showing off cars. The only Ford people were a bunch of local Dealers.

Chevy had a Camaro SS, Camaro ZL1, Corvette GS Vert and a Corvette ZR1! I was talking to a Chevy Rep about the Grand Sport Vette (which looks amazing in a vert) for a while. Everyone BUT Ford showed up at that show with their best. What a disappointment and a waste of time and $$$

I drove all the way to the Cleveland Auto Show to see the 2013 GT500 this weekend and it wasn't even there! The best car they had was a normal green Boss 302. The rest of the Mustangs were 2012 models! I am pissed at Ford right now. They were the only company at the show without people on the floor or models showing off cars. The only Ford people were a bunch of local Dealers.

Chevy had a Camaro SS, Camaro ZL1, Corvette GS Vert and a Corvette ZR1! I was talking to a Chevy Rep about the Grand Sport Vette (which looks amazing in a vert) for a while. Everyone BUT Ford showed up at that show with their best. What a disappointment and a waste of time and $$$

cleveland auto show was a waste of time and money ;; the only thing ford had going for it was a pool table what a joke ;; i asked one of the girls ( they had a more clue than the guys ) where are the shelby gt 500sshe said over there IT WAS A BLACK MUSTANG GT no one had any clue ;;; it was a joke ; next year they need to get the girl scouts to ran the show they can sell cookies the idiots they had this year never sold any fords

cleveland auto show was a waste of time and money ;; the only thing ford had going for it was a pool table what a joke ;; i asked one of the girls ( they had a more clue than the guys ) where are the shelby gt 500sshe said over there IT WAS A BLACK MUSTANG GT no one had any clue ;;; it was a joke ; next year they need to get the girl scouts to ran the show they can sell cookies the idiots they had this year never sold any fords

Yeah it was the first and last auto show I'll ever go to. GM really show up with all guns blazing and made Ford look really weak. That Boss wasn't even a LS and that Mustang pool table was a poor substitute for the GT500.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. A HUGE waste of time and $$$ - about $60B worth that paid for ZL1 and Chevy's show display. Having overcome an $85B handicap in only a few years, I'm prepared to give Ford a pass no matter HOW many shows it no-shows.

Does anyone know if the dash surface finish is the same aluminum dimple pattern as the previous 3 model years? You can't tell in any of the posted photos so far. Has anyone been to the show to see?

It's not the same but like someone else said, get the rest of the dash pieces to match yours and change them out.

I can't imagine it would cost *that* much to buy the other pieces. And considering Carroll Shelby isn't signing anymore, you'll have a very unique "one-of-a-kind" signed 2013 dash.

Phill

Yes it's true, he has suspended signing for now and it's not clear if or when he will resume. I think I will swap the rest of the pieces, even though I like the new finish better, I really want the man's signature on my dash. I hope all the rest of the pieces are the exact same size. Is it possible that the trim around the main instrument cluster has changed in size to accommodate the new LCD screen?

Yeah it was the first and last auto show I'll ever go to. GM really show up with all guns blazing and made Ford look really weak. That Boss wasn't even a LS and that Mustang pool table was a poor substitute for the GT500.

Go to the big one in Detroit. The Ford exhibit was enormous including a Shelby vert hooked up to a dynamometer. Every half hour a group of kids would pile in and race through the gears with an amplified exhaust blaring and a crowd cheering. The Ford display was incredible...

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Could be that the system isn't updating correctly or could be that the preproduction cars got a new finish that Ford wanted to have but couldn't get ready in time...that happens reasonably often. As long as they are the same size and I can swap the other two parts, I'm happy.

Archived