TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H

phyllis

Is there a 2006/2007 Hertz Shelby GT-H registry I can buy? Thanks

Hi Phyllis,

Welcome to Team Shelby,

If you have a questions about the validity of a specific car, you can always bounce the vin & csm# to stevent@shelbyamercian.com

Hi Phyllis,

Welcome to Team Shelby,

If you have a questions about the validity of a specific car, you can always bounce the vin & csm# to stevent@shelbyamercian.com

And we may just have a permanent dash plaque & key chain for her :)

Phyllis, email me your VIN & CSM numbers and I'll see what we may have for you.

Steve

Thanks for the info. Steve I own 06313 , 06109 and have the Shelby items but thanks for letting me know.....

I'm jealous. And I thought Gene was the only one with two. :D Congrats Phyllis on your outstanding Shelby's. :hi5: Could you post some photos of the pair?

Is there a 2006/2007 Hertz Shelby GT-H registry I can buy? Thanks

Phyllis, welcome to Team Shelby. The GT-H holds a special place in Shelby history. I am the Team Shelby Registrar for the GT-H models so if you have any tech or detail questions regarding your cars please do not hesitate to send a PM or start a post. While there is not a printable GT-H Registry at this time, Team Shelby does have a wealth of information on the data base. Having worked for Hertz for 27 years, I can offer some personal insight into the GT-H history. Again welcome to Team Shelby, regards, Larry Miller, Team Shelby Registrar, 2006-2007 Shelby GT-H.

I'm looking for one of the four 06 sticks. Can anyone help me with one of those :D

QSS

I've seen and taken numerous photos of one of the four 2006 manual cars (car #2) , and know or have known all three Hertz executives who received the manual cars. (from my days at Hertz) Unfortunately I can not release the names of the 3 Hertz executives or the non-Hertz owner. These four cars are so rare that it's anybody's guess what they will command if ever sold. regards, Larry Miller, Team Shelby Registrar, 2006-2007 Hertz GT-H Registrar.

I've seen and taken numerous photos of one of the four 2006 manual cars (car #2) , and know or have known all three Hertz executives who received the manual cars. (from my days at Hertz) Unfortunately I can not release the names of the 3 Hertz executives or the non-Hertz owner. These four cars are so rare that it's anybody's guess what they will command if ever sold. regards, Larry Miller, Team Shelby Registrar, 2006-2007 Hertz GT-H Registrar.

I think I know the name of one of the Hertz executives that received one of the 06 sticks. I was given his name by another executive that worked for Hertz. I even tried calling him (if I even had the correct phone #) about a year ago but I never heard back from him. Maybe I had the wrong phone #. Anyway, perhaps I'll get serious about tracking one down in the future, the chase to find one sure would be fun.

QSS

I think I know the name of one of the Hertz executives that received one of the 06 sticks. I was given his name by another executive that worked for Hertz. I even tried calling him (if I even had the correct phone #) about a year ago but I never heard back from him. Maybe I had the wrong phone #. Anyway, perhaps I'll get serious about tracking one down in the future, the chase to find one sure would be fun.

QSS

All three of the Hertz executives with the manual 2006 GT-Hs are "car guys" and knew what they were doing when they ordered the manuals. The manual cars are a little different in other aspects, namely they came with the 18 inch chrome 2007 white SGT style wheels. The Sirius radio antenna on at least one car came with the trunk mounted antenna with the built in Sirius radio not requiring the Audivox set up that was common to the fleet 2006 GT-Hs. Just a little teaser, but two of the Hertz executives also bought 2007 GT-Hs convertibles with the manual. That would be a nice garage, TWO manual transmission GT-Hs. Good luck in your search. regards, Larry, Team Shelby Registrar, Hertz 2006-2007 GTH.

All three of the Hertz executives with the manual 2006 GT-Hs are "car guys" and knew what they were doing when they ordered the manuals. The manual cars are a little different in other aspects, namely they came with the 18 inch chrome 2007 white SGT style wheels. The Sirius radio antenna on at least one car came with the trunk mounted antenna with the built in Sirius radio not requiring the Audivox set up that was common to the fleet 2006 GT-Hs. Just a little teaser, but two of the Hertz executives also bought 2007 GT-Hs convertibles with the manual. That would be a nice garage, TWO manual transmission GT-Hs. Good luck in your search. regards, Larry, Team Shelby Registrar, Hertz 2006-2007 GTH.

Dang, three "car guys" huh? Sounds like I'm kinda swimming up stream.

So when you say "good luck" do you mean "good luck, your gonna need it" or do you mean "good luck, I think you might have a chance" :D

I don't know which it is but I definitely have my work cut out for me.

QSS

Is the 4th one in Carroll's collection then? I thought all 4 went to execs.

According to Hertz invoice records from Ford one manual 2006 GT-H went to a non-Hertz person . This is the ONLY invoice that is not dated on Hertz records. The other three were all invoiced on August 17, 2006. These three cars are the last invoiced GT-Hs in the entire 2006 run. The first three 2006 manual cars all had consecutive VIN numbers with the fourth car a VIN that is not consecutive with any other GT-H. I will be attempting to photograph all four cars as a Registry project in the near future. Each is in a different state and the travel will be on my nickel. I will be posting a topic later asking for information on EVERY odd piece of Hertz GT-H stuff Team Shelby members have been able to acquire, example: Sirius radio manual, Hertz employee direction sheet when renting a GT-H, Hertz Corporate launch of GT-H hats, news release articles, SAI release documents/photos, etc. It is my goal as the GT-H Team Shelby Registrar to document every aspect of this special car. I already have original photos from the Ford Styling Studio of the mock up GT-H ( which in the background shows artist's rendering of the 2011 Mustang !!). Us GT-H owners can thank the California Special for donating a lot of parts as this car was in the mock up stage and Hertz wanted as many OEM parts as possible and stole the front valance and side scoops from it's cousin, the California Special. I do believe we can capture all of this information and make it available to GT-H owners at some point. Stay tuned as the work continues, regards, Larry Miller, Team Shelby Registrar, 2006-2007 Hertz GT-H.

According to Hertz invoice records from Ford one manual 2006 GT-H went to a non-Hertz person . This is the ONLY invoice that is not dated on Hertz records. The other three were all invoiced on August 17, 2006. These three cars are the last invoiced GT-Hs in the entire 2006 run. The first three 2006 manual cars all had consecutive VIN numbers with the fourth car a VIN that is not consecutive with any other GT-H. I will be attempting to photograph all four cars as a Registry project in the near future. Each is in a different state and the travel will be on my nickel. I will be posting a topic later asking for information on EVERY odd piece of Hertz GT-H stuff Team Shelby members have been able to acquire, example: Sirius radio manual, Hertz employee direction sheet when renting a GT-H, Hertz Corporate launch of GT-H hats, news release articles, SAI release documents/photos, etc. It is my goal as the GT-H Team Shelby Registrar to document every aspect of this special car. I already have original photos from the Ford Styling Studio of the mock up GT-H ( which in the background shows artist's rendering of the 2011 Mustang !!). Us GT-H owners can thank the California Special for donating a lot of parts as this car was in the mock up stage and Hertz wanted as many OEM parts as possible and stole the front valance and side scoops from it's cousin, the California Special. I do believe we can capture all of this information and make it available to GT-H owners at some point. Stay tuned as the work continues, regards, Larry Miller, Team Shelby Registrar, 2006-2007 Hertz GT-H.

Awsome Larry. You know you can count on me for any help you need. I have lots of that stuff! I still have all the e-mails between myself and the higher ups here at Hertz in Denver when trying to get one rented for the 2006 Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up before the cars arrived. I've been a huge fan you know when the news first hit the streets. I didn't actually think that I would actually ever get to own one in the beginning. This picture was taken when all I owned was the 1:18 diecast!

shelbychristmas6.JPG

I will be attempting to photograph all four cars as a Registry project in the near future. Each is in a different state and the travel will be on my nickel.

Sounds great. When you photograph each car, please tell them there is a Team Shelby Member who would like to talk to them if the ever want to part with their car :D

QSS

Awsome Larry. You know you can count on me for any help you need. I have lots of that stuff! I still have all the e-mails between myself and the higher ups here at Hertz in Denver when trying to get one rented for the 2006 Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up before the cars arrived. I've been a huge fan you know when the news first hit the streets. I didn't actually think that I would actually ever get to own one in the beginning. This picture was taken when all I owned was the 1:18 diecast!

shelbychristmas6.JPG

Your kinda cute, who's the two guys on either side of you? :lol:

QSS

Thanks Larry for all these bits of info that you have. :stats:

When I purchased mine I didn't think that it was a VERY special edition, but now I know this is really a car that has to be adored and cherished and ours will be for a very long time.

WOW

This was a good read. Looking forward to learning more. Larry, for what it is worth I got Akos Feher's (Director of Production) 2006 GT-H jacket and GT-H ball cap. He has some nice stuff. I think he sold his signed hood with all the team signatures. Would be a nice addition.

What would be cool is to find out how mnny SAI installed Paxtons are done before they discontinued the Shelby branded Novi 1200s

Thanks for your work on this and look forward to reading more.

• 3 years later...

BUMP

This is an interesting post. Is Larry still around? His post here #23 and others are helpful with the new information coming up with Pratte's car being auctioned this weekend. I'm pretty sure he is the 4th (non hertz exec). Larry identifies car 002 as a 5 speed, so I think we can assume 001-004 are the manuals. We also know from this thread that these cars were probably given their "reserved" Shelby IDs at the END of production, and not at the start. Why the 4th car (probably 001) does not have a dated invoice or why it's out of VIN sequence is a mystery, but it probably has something to do with the cars being sold back to a "NON-HERTZ" entity - namely Ron Pratte. Perhaps SAI acquired their own Mustang GT to do the conversion for 001 since Hertz technically owned all the GTs they sent to SAI. This would help explain why it's sequence is completely askew?

Larry also points out above that the manual cars had the 18" polished wheels and some even had the updated SIRIUS built into the head unit. These weren't available at the beginning of production, so these cars had to be built/converted last. I'm sure Hertz was in a hurry to get their cars on the rental lots, so that makes sense.

Archived