TEAM SHELBY FORUM

did some mods

Finally got together with my son and worked on the Shelby, what a blast. He's not a gearhead so it was also great teaching him tool techniques like how not to crush your knuckles when the wrench slips. I decided not to send him looking for my left-handed crescent wrench. I'll do that next time.

We moved the Shelby letters using bonedocs specs (thanks bonedoc!) and what a difference! I can't believe how it changed the whole appearance from the rear. We also installed chrome bezels around the tail lamps and sequential turnsignals from Web Electrics. The before and after are posted below.

Finally we installed Borla axle backs now THATS what I'm talking about! Man what a great gurgle when it backs down.

I made all these selections from information that I've read on this site so mucho gracias to you guys n gals. I had it out today to clear it's throat a little and a passanger in a pickup behind me snapped a picture of it at a stop light. What a machine, it will be a great summer.

Rich

post-7983-1175462407_thumb.jpg

post-7983-1175462462_thumb.jpg

post-7983-1175462462_thumb.jpg

Finally got together with my son and worked on the Shelby, what a blast. He's not a gearhead so it was also great teaching him tool techniques like how not to crush your knuckles when the wrench slips. I decided not to send him looking for my left-handed crescent wrench. I'll do that next time.

We moved the Shelby letters using bonedocs specs (thanks bonedoc!) and what a difference! I can't believe how it changed the whole appearance from the rear. We also installed chrome bezels around the tail lamps and sequential turnsignals from Web Electrics. The before and after are posted below.

Finally we installed Borla axle backs now THATS what I'm talking about! Man what a great gurgle when it backs down.

I made all these selections from information that I've read on this site so mucho gracias to you guys n gals. I had it out today to clear it's throat a little and a passanger in a pickup behind me snapped a picture of it at a stop light. What a machine, it will be a great summer.

Rich

After seeing yours (same combo as mine) I just ordered the letters minutes ago. Once I get them in a week or two, I'll be checking this informative board for correct how-to and spacing of these. Nice!!

Looks good! I want to move the letters when I get my car. Did you re use yours or get the bigger ones?

So glad you removed that GMC liscense plate :lol:

What do you mean by "bigger" ones? Which ones are bigger? The only other ones I know of are the Shelby GT, and I thought they were smaller.

Looks good! I want to move the letters when I get my car. Did you re use yours or get the bigger ones?

So glad you removed that GMC liscense plate :lol:

I don't know if anyone was able to re-use their letters but I sure couldn't. I needed a heat gun and it was difficult getting all the adhesive off. I got my letters off of EBAY, here's the

item # 330104735290. As you see they fit perfectly, so good I can't stop looking at it.

And that's the license plate the state issued me when I picked up the car. Even if I wasn't getting a vanity plate I wouldn't have kept it lol

Rich

I thought that you could get bigger ones from the shelby store :unsure:

Not that I'm aware of. There are two sizes, but I believe the stock GT500 ones are the larger of the two sizes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I can tell by looking at his photos that he used the original letters.

AD

Looks Great! Great job on the alignment of the exhaust, just sits perfect!

Yes it does, thanks. We did the left side first and it bolted right up. I read here that a few guys had problems lining up the right side and what they did about it but the right side went in fairly easy too.

Every Shelby owner should put one of the exhaust systems that are mentioned on this site. Now the car sounds like it looks.

Rich

Archived